[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im about to graduate with a degree in finance with no job, meanwhile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (38KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 500x328px
Im about to graduate with a degree in finance with no job, meanwhile all the accounting majors have one. /biz/ fucking lied to me.
>>
You should have been posting on /findajobformebecauseimafuckingloser/
>>
>>1075908
It's not /biz/'s fault that you're a loser. Most of the finance majors in my year got jobs out of college.
>>
I dual majored in Math and Econ. Graduated cum laude. I work part time minimum wage. Get a fucking job and stop bitching about how it's all 4chan's fault that you're a fuckup.

Get a job and take some responsibility. The job market is hard for skilled jobs right now. Work hard, pay off any loans, and keep looking for better jobs. This is the only way to come out on top when the jobs come back.

They certainly won't be handing out the next biggest best jobs to people who sat on their ass blaming others about how they didn't find work.
>>
There are only three ways to land a decent job in finance. Go to a top school and use on-campus recruiting, go to a top business school and use on-campus recruiting, networking. Did you do any of the above?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x726px
>>1075928
I tried, got a few interviews but they all went to the accounting majors
>>
>>1075908
/biz/ is barely a year old you troll.
>>
FeelsBadMan

Keep trying. What sector are you looking to break into?
>>
>>1075941
Corporate finance, i really wanted to get into a rotational with lockheed martin.
>>
Not sure how Lockheed recruits but I think you ought to just cast your net wide and keep applying. There's a huge element of luck in job-hunting...
>>
>>1075908
If you didn't get the memo, banks and financial firms are making it their hiring policies NOT to hire finance grads. They want applicants with STEM and liberal arts degrees because apparently they bring in more "out of the box" thinking
>>
>>1075996

are you retarded? Many commercial and 'big' banks still want finance and accounting majors? No sensible recruiting manager is gonna say "hmm you majored in Women's Studies and Gender Politics, you'd definitely be a good fit for our analyst position"

And fuck off with your STEM meme.
>>
>>1077502
It's sorta true. Engineering majors with MBA's are good candidates for analyst positions DESU. Also I'm a finance major
>>
>>1077502
You would be better off if you are a finanace major with heading into transportation and logistics because the average manager and analyst in those fields are brain dead.
>>
>>1075926

This anon knows what's up.

>>1075978

And this guy basically told you how everything works.

I think it's nice that you want to get into Lockheed (that's a pretty dece idea). But they might not have any positions where you fit right now, so you have to send more applications to a variety of places. One target is not enough. Look at Lockheed's subcontractors, look at other companies in the sector, look at suppliers, look at buyers, look at investors. Apply to all of them. But make it targeted, study the industry and make every application unique and say how you could contribute the best to that particular part of the industry. Good luck anon!
>>
>>1077502

We used to hire mostly finance and accounting majors, but that diploma has been watered down so much in the last 15 years that it is too risky to hire. STEM (particularly engineers) are a safer bet, though we have to offer more than we used to since they are harder to recruit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.