[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ maybe you guys can give me some sound advice. I financed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1454271674dNqJK.jpg (93KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
1454271674dNqJK.jpg
93KB, 550x636px
/biz/ maybe you guys can give me some sound advice.

I financed a Harley through their finance company, having a budget that could easily accommodate the payments at the time. For the past year, I have not. I've struggled making payments on it and simply am in a bind financially.

My question is: should I try to get someone to take it off my hands, or should I just let them repo it?

>my credit is fucked anyways
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>1075818
Sell it and pay off the debt.
>>
>>1075841
So take what I can get for it and pay off the difference?
>>
>>1075846
Take the highest you can for it (if its not super urgent) and pay off the difference, yes. Hear what other anons have to say first too.
>>
The best thing for your credit is to sell the bike, but not pay it off. Keep making the payments. Get caught up then pay every one on time.

This is risky though because you are untrustworthy with money and likely will blow the money.
>>
>>1075852
Thanks anon

>>1075856
You know that is a really good idea
>>
Ride off into the sunset
>>
>>1075862
Hardy har har
>>
Sell everything except your hog.

Buy a guitar from a pawn shop and strap it to your back.

Ride to Hollywood.

You're going to be the next big star.
>>
>>1075856
>The best thing for your credit is to sell the bike, but not pay it off.
And how, exactly, do you expect him to sell the bike when he doesn't have the title?

/biz/ is so retarded sometimes.
>>
>>1075868
Lol

>>1075870
Valid point, the premise of the idea though is gude
>>
>>1075818
Have you tried not being a complete fucking loser?

End your life already. You know it's for the best.
>>
>>1075873
>the premise of the idea though is gude
Not really. But you're the guy who bought a motorcycle on finance than you can't afford. I'm guessing you're underwater on the loan too. So forgive me if I don't take your opinion of what financial decisions are "gude".
>>
>>1075876
>>1075882
Yeah yeah and you guys are experts forgive me I didn't mean to impose
>>
>>1075876
Oh, and after you
>>
>>1075892
Look, kid, you seem distraught so I'll help you out. It's a pretty simple decision, though it would be nice if you told us anytime in the first hour whether you're underwater on the loan. I'm going to assume that you are.

1. Sell the bike IF you have enough cash to pay to difference on the loan. You'll need the cash in hand because HD isn't going to release the title without payment in full. Your credit will be unaffected because you never defaulted.

2. Do a voluntary repo if there's no chance you can raise the cash to pay off the loan deficit. It'll count as a default, and unless you find the money quickly, HD will still come after you for the deficit. If that happens, you'll have debt collectors chasing you, and your credit will be wrecked. But doing a voluntary repo might get you a little good grace from HD to pay the balance before they go nuclear.

3. Next time, don't buy a bike on finance. Ever. Car loans are bad enough, but an acceptable necessity sometimes. A bike loan is never a good idea. Never.
>>
>>1075904
I am underwater on it, not severely but like a payment or two.. Thanks for the advice yeah it was a dumb decision on all fronts for me
>>
>>1075906

If you're only out a payment or two, sell the fucking thing for more than the balance and pay off the remainder of the loan.

And also go here: mrmoneymustache.com - learn about not buying things on credit
>>
>>1075876
Kek
>>
Once you pay off the account in full, they will close it. Your missed payments will, after a time, fall off your credit report. Do yourself a favor and pay off that damn loan immediately! Trust me!

Beg your family. Sell the piece of crap. Work some extra hours at McDonalds. Get that shit paid off!
>>
>>1075906
What's the monthly payment?
>>
>>1075911
Alright thanks

>>1075920
That's the plan

>>1075921
$250 but I got too much else on my plate now and not enough income
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.