[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I break out of the 80s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

I am stuck at the $80k per year level and I have no idea how to reach the next level. Most 100k jobs involve management positions which they will not give to young people with no prior direct reports.

my background
>30
>cpa
>doing data science
>finance\real estate
>8 years experience
>>
>>1075478
Lose the bright colours and use less fabric in your outfits. Its OK to take it slow.

As far as music is concerned I'm afraid you'll just havbe to take the plunge. Rap starts to get more popular bit is raises in quality as well.
>>
Is 30 actually considered young?
>>
you gotta just get a little side thing going
ideas:
>start a side business selling home/car/life insurance (my old real estate broker did this lol)
>become a notary
>you could flip homes using $30-$40K if you mortgaged, more if you pay cash at the tax auctions. know a few ppl who did this and do pretty well
>look for a deal on a car, drive that shit for a month then sell it (police auctions, idiots from craigslist, whatever)

or you could charge $1 a bj and suck 20k dix
>had to do it lmao sry
>>
>>1075478
ask for a raise, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another,
>>
Ask your company if they'll pay for your MBA. Go to nightschool and then get a raise.
>>
You need to get an offer and tell them you are going to quit. Its the only way.
>>
>>1075478
Be content with what you have. Take a vacation. Learn to knit. Fall in love. Do something you've never tired. Bake a cake. Adopt a child. Life isn't about money.
>>
>>1075776
>>/adv
>>
>>1075776
>Life isn't about money.
Where the fuck do you think you are honeycakes? A Liberal arts campus?
>>
>>1075776
This is one of the gayest things I've read all day
>>
>>1075478
Take some management classes/ leadership camps. Ask your boss how you can take it to the next level, and his boss too. They won't know what you want unless you ASK
>>
>>1075789

This is correct. Show them that you are ambitious and want to invest in yourself.
>>
>>1075500
Lol i read the question loke this too
>>
File: 1.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>1075776
Live laugh love
>>
>>1075524
30 is pretty fucking young bro
>>
>>1075478
Invest your extra time in some kind of active investment. Like real estate or something. It's almost like you want to work for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1075478
suck dick.
>>
>>1075478

>$80k per year level and I have no idea how to reach the next level

Be more useful

>cpa

Damn you're lucky to be where you are.
>>
>>1075524
When you're young, 30 seems like old age.
When you're old, 30 seems like paradise.
>>
Should have become a CFA, nigga.
>>
>>1075776

For those without it, life is about money
>>
>>1075478

bruh quit crying. Billions of people on this earth would cut their thumb off to get $80k a year.

That being said, you wanna move up? Start your own business.

People don't get rich being employees.
>>
When did you start studying for the CPA exam? Sophomore undergrad here, should I start studying now?
>>
>>1075524
Career-wise 30 is young

A "typical" career spans ages 25-65. At age 30 you are only about 1/8th of the way into your career. Their are plenty of dicks left to be sucked.
>>
>>1075478
I went from 80 to 120 doing data science as well. You just need to:
1) know how to sell yourself
2) have most of the target skills (or fake them) they are:
-R/Python, Sql/Hadoop, Java or C++ or C#, Tableau,'advanced' Excel. Spark/Storm/Kafka are nice-to-haves.
>>
>>1076179
Same here, I'd like to know as well.
>>
>>1075553
Is that even worth the paper it's printed on anymore?
>>
>>1076717
I'm a physicist looking to do data science. Any advice about the career? I'm teaching myself R and python with a machine learning spin already.

Also how is the career? Rewarding? Draining?
>>
>>1076179

Not until after I finished college. I would recommend you take some time off after college and study full time until you pass.
>>
>>1076717

Did you change companies?
>>
>>1077097

Take an accounting/finance
class. The profitable data is financial.
>>
>>1077097

Learn accounting and finance. Financial data is the most profitable.
>>
>>1077184
Yes
>>1077097
I was a physicist as well. What you're doing is a good start. I'd recommend some exposure to SQL and Hadoop ASAP.
>>1077187
I don't entirely agree, but it's worth taking some of those classes to get early experience in how businesses work.
>>
>>1075776
>Life isn't about money
Yes it is you will understand that once you grow up.
>>
>>1075478
Jobs are for slaves. Swing trade. $125 every 5 mins. Need 50k starting capital and at least 3-4 years exp in field of finance econometrics.
>>
>>1077404
noted, cheers.

Using kaggle and quora thread to learn and there's loads of data people at my uni (UCL) so it should come together ok.
>>
>>1075536
notary services are free in most places and states have laws restricting how much you can charge, which is usually piss low.
>>
>>1075927
Eat Shit [and] Die
>>
>>1075478

>complaining about making 80k at 30 years of age

you sound like a faggot
>>
>>1077076
It is if you have a degree in something else. Alone, an MBA is mostly usless, but if you have say, an EE degree and an MBA, that almost automatically means a promotion to executive, especially if your work pays for it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.