[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

B.A. Economics with a 3.57 from a state school graduating in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

B.A. Economics with a 3.57 from a state school graduating in december

done econometrics

how screwed am I?
>>
>>1075214
you're ok, just don't expect the world at your feet
>>
tfw should have listened and done accounting or finance
>>
bamp for advice
>>
>>1075214
Bout to graduate w/ a 3.54.

Thank god I don't have to go to corporate and will be partner of my dad's firm (been working part time + summers for 4-5 years).

I would be cucked to a $60-80K salary with that GPA and have to suck dicks constantly.

Also, I got into economics to get into financial markets and shit, so I get to save a lot an invest most of it, since I'm living w/ parents.

Honestly though, I would suggest you try to get an internship/job in a botique/middle market bank in whatever field you like.

Start working on CFA level 1, so they know you're serious and you'll learn a lot. I'm going to take it in summer.

Make sure to read a lot. Go on security analysis reddit, they have a topic-wise reading list that is solid.

This is under the impression that you want to make a lot of money out of undergrad though, otherwise go wageslave for insurance/sales/accounting instead.
>>
>>1075235
To clarify, I'm not working in finance after graduation (doing sales/marketing).
>>
>>1075239

What other sites are good for reading? Other than leddit and here on 4 chins
>>
>>1075243
I read the Wall Street Journal and Google Finance for news.

Sometimes I go on Seeking Alpha but there are shills there all the time so be wary of advice.

Just try to read from multiple sources (one of the reasons I like Google Finance).

I guess you can read news through a broker's software (think of like ThinkorSwim) too but I've never done that.

I usually go on 4chan, and look up different companies too that I have stake in.

Right now I am holding JPM, expecting QE4 so I'm spending a lot of time looking at developments in the banking industry (ill probably dump JPM and short GS if QE doesn't seem likely).

Anyways, just browse around and look everywhere for best results. Once you get more experienced, it will be easier to see which sites shill more and which shill less.
>>
>>1075263
Thanks

I always think there is a site just like 4 Chen rich with advice out there, away from the masses with rich info lurking out there
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.