[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of going to a ivy leauge school, then great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: shkreli.jpg (31KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
shkreli.jpg
31KB, 780x440px
What is the point of going to a ivy leauge school, then great business school, then unpaid intern for a year at goldman sachs just to have a shitty long career as an investment banker. long hours, low pay for what you dox and high suicide rates when you can just joina hedgefubd intern to associate at 17 and become a multi millionaire before 30? how do guys like this do it? they beat people who spend a decade in school, what makes that so exceptional?
>>
Holy fuck you dumb nigga. I don't even have time in the day to correct all your shit.
>>
>>1074795
>when you can just joina hedgefubd intern to associate at 17 and become a multi millionaire before 30?
Getting a foot in on the buyside is typically more demanding than getting in on the sell side though.

>multi millionaire before 30
extremely rare
>>
Charisma, hard work ethic, connections, and a little bit of luck. Why do you think every business major and his brother wants to join a fraternity? Connections connections connections. You can be the valedictorian of your Ivy League class, but banking and sales aren't gunna hire you if you interview like a dead fish.
>>
>>1074813
i can sell anything on cold calling, what business could istart from my home with cold calling involved
>>
>>1074818
You can start a business where you cold call businesses looking for work and try to sell them on your expertise.
>>
>>1074831
I was thinking of doing this for a hedge fund internshi..think it would work?
>>
>>1074818
>sales
You're destined to be a cuck
>>
>>1074848
What do you have to fucking lose?
Make a game out of it and you'll start to love doing it, then you'll find out that it actually can open doors for you.

It will take a while, but whenever you do get an interview you'll be a fucking shark because you've found out not to give a single fuck about what someone else thinks about you.
>>
>>1074944
alright, thanks man, btw, is it okay to call a company the next week even if they say no?
>>
>>1074831
>>1074944
>he thinks any reputable company hires people based on coldcalling

Yeah ok. We're not living in your grandads time anymore.

All the big firms and reputable companies just hire/recruit people from college campuses.
>>
>>1074966
I am talking internships, i am going to college next year. I am 18, was 18 since the 11th grade
>>
>>1074977
Doesn't work for internships either. They're as, if not more competitive than real job because there is a bigger applicant pool.
>>
>>1074795

>hedge fund
all the ones you would be getting an internship in have blown up and the rest are looking for engineers and physicists
>how
by being pretty much perfect and having a connection
>>
>>1075085
Why engineers? why not math majors, do engineers create technical indicators for them?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.