[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it? /bitcoins/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: BITCOIN.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BITCOIN.png
14KB, 500x500px
Guys I've noticed that bitcoins are cheaper now. I'm willing to buy few of them and sell it again when its value increases.

Should I do this? Do you think its price will be lower?

[Completely newbie on /biz/]
>>
Yes. Buy lots and lots of bitcoins. You will become rich.
>>
>>1074322
You smell like a troll... The question is serious, I know it's not like that to make profit with bitcoins but I'm a newbie and would like to learn something with you guys
>>
>>1074318
>Do you think its price will be lower?

Absolutely no one knows.

Some think the value of BTC will rise on the long term (because governments will get more and more restrictive with moving money overseas, tax evasion, payments in cash, etc.).

Some think BTC will go down to $0 because it's a scam and/or will be replaced by superior alternatives.

That's it. Now, for the short term, no one can predict anything, and those who do predict stuff are, in reality, just as clueless as you.
>>
>>1074318
>buy bitcoin
>use bitcoin to buy bulk meth
>sell meth on street for mark up

That's about the only way you'll make a living on bitcoin these days.
>>
Depends on trust. Do you trust a network where the developers are constantly shilling their ideas and fighting against other ones with a different opinion? Do you trust that the company Blockstream isn't gaming Bitcoin? Do you trust that if Bitcoin Classic takes off they'll be competent enough to deal with the infighting issue and maintain the code if Bitcoin Core just walks away?

It's being controlled by brilliant people who are acting like complete dumbasses.

If it just maintains its price without sabotaging itself, then I would estimate that when the rewards halve in a few months that the price would climb at least a little. It could be worth dick as well.
>>
>>1074318
I am just speculating, so I'm pretty much pulling this out of my ass, but BTC will probably rise in about 170 some odd days from now whenever the amount of BTC earned for completing one block will half.

Nothing happened last time this happened, but that was when Bitcoin was relatively unknown to the average investor. Now a wide range of people know about it, and will probably purchase more because of an increase in scarcity.
>>
>>1074318
Bitcoins are the most durable and accepted crypto currency, and they have some value in buying cocaine off the internet.

The question is do you think more people will want to buy illegal shit online in the future?
>>
>>1074844
Some places accept Lite or Dash, but BTC is still king

I believe that so long as the danknet exists, BTC will be fine
>>
>>1074574
>blockstream

nocoiner detected.
>>
>>1075019

Huh?

https://blockstream.com/team/

Say hello to Bitcoin Core
>>
If I had to choose from putting $1000 on any cryptocurrency I would either pick WARP or ETH.

Don't come here and whine in 2-3 years because you didn't hear about it earlier.
>>
When the block size horseshit gets hashed out you'll wish you had bought in <400. When the halving goes down in the summer you'll wish you had bought in <1000.
>>
>>1075401
don't you mean >400 and >1000?
>>
>>1075408
He means less than $400 and $1000.
When bitcoins are $1,000,000 each you will understand.
>>
>>1075458
Oh I understand, I just misread it. I thought he meant to spend less than 400 and 1000 respectively, so that's why I WTF'd.
>>
>>1075460
>>1075392
If you're going to put an money into alts, you definitely need to have some bitcoins as the foundation of your crypto portfolio. The network effects of bitcoin will be hard to overcome and if side chains aren't vapourware, independent alt coins will be history.

Personally my pick of the alts is xmr and it is the only alt I am seriously invested in.
>>
>>1075464
Monero is shit and will be shit forever.

The name just makes it sound like a mexican coin.
>>
Heres the famous "rootstock". Apparently the saviour of bitcoin:

http://youtu.be/JP9ZyH4xROQ

Luckily for them no one can understand how it works because it's all in mexican.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.