[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized my father doesn't inherently love me and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1454229453130.jpg (33KB, 360x504px) Image search: [Google]
1454229453130.jpg
33KB, 360x504px
I just realized my father doesn't inherently love me and am thinking about how absolutely fucked I would be if I don't inherit his money (he won't give it to someone else since I am an only child but he might be more inclined to blow up a good chunk of it on himself, the life cycle hypothesis even suggests that older people tend to spend more of their income than middle-aged folk).

You guys are enterprising, what affects someone's decision to leave money for their children? Or generally to help other people financially?

What things can I do to please him? Surely there are similar techniques to win over someone you guys might use on your boss and such?

If there are some con artists out there, there must also be techniques you use in cons that require someone else's sympathy right?

Please discuss! Luckily I made this observation early (I'm about 20) so I have time to rein father into saving more of his income.
>>
File: Simon_67887b_2202024.jpg (19KB, 230x326px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_67887b_2202024.jpg
19KB, 230x326px
Be responsible with the money you already have, bond with him over hobbies, don't be a dick, don't disappoint him by coming out of the closet or something retarded like that (old people tend to hate fags) if you are some kind of brony or furry keep it to yourself, no one wants a mental kid to have assloads of money to blow away on some body pillows or dolls.
Try to think of your father as a human being, like an older version of yourself, what kind of child would you like to leave your money to? work on being that son (inb4 you would leave your money to some shut-in kid who wanks in his socks and chugs mountain dew like its tap water)
>>
>>1073719
He's probably come across the images on your harddrive similar to your OPs pic and realised his sons a faggot.

The only hope left for you now is to offer to suck his dick.

Hope that helps
>>
>>1073735
Thanks friend, would love more responses.
He doesn't have many hobbies now that I think of it watching TV with him more might be a good idea, or just sitting in the same room while he does it.
>>
>>1073719
Tell him there might be a recession, so he should make sure he has money in an emergency fund.
>>
>>1073719
Very old people don't spend that much, because they're too ill for to have costly hobbies.

Parents who "loooooove" their children often screw them in their estate. You really can't count on what your parents say (unless they planned that stuff seriously with you).

Also, if you live in North America, it's wiser to try to make your own money by yourself and not wait XXX years before your parents die.

In Europe, though, being a self-made-man is incredibly more difficult; but the compensation is that you can't disinherit your children, in many civil law countries. (I am European. I don't have much incentive to make money like a monkey, as I'm going to make a few millions when my parents die.)
>>
>>1074254
Honesty is the best policy, ask him what you need to do to inherit all of his wealth. Ask him if he plans on blowing it all or giving it away to charity, if so ask him what you can do to change his mind.
>>
Man you guys are enterprising to say the least. Maybe you should try valuing him for who he is, rather than seeing him as a bank account you need to babysit. Jesus you're lucky to even have a father let alone the prospect of an inheritance. Show gratitude and be grateful if he ever gives you anything.

Alternatively you can find a different type of daddy(of the sugar variety) since you're just a whore for money anyways.
>>
>>1074543
>whiny bullshit

Are you a woman or something? We're talking about money on this board.
>>
>>1074358
My father is not that old yet, he's only 43, as I mentioned, I am just about 20.

My fear is that our assets fizzle down as him and mother age.

>Parents who "loooooove" their children often screw them in their estate. You really can't count on what your parents say (unless they planned that stuff seriously with you).

I don't see what you mean in the first sentence here, why do they screw children in their estate and what exactly do you mean by estate?

>Also, if you live in North America, it's wiser to try to make your own money by yourself and not wait XXX years before your parents die.
No, not from America.
I've made some calculations and my lifestyle should be supported by interest only once I inherit all our assets, so I've targeted the amount I have to be earning and hence how much I have to be working with that in mind.

I mainly get leisure from reading, but I'm not smart enough to make it big, academia in my country will otherwise fill your stomach but not give you much money (and definitely know prestige, lecturers here are spat on as failures, it seems as a field only loafing wives get into).

The salary of a lecturer here is comparable (keeping into mind purchasing power) with around 20k USD per annum.

>you can't disinherit your children

They have noone else to leave their finances too, my only worry is that they spend a good amount of it, letting me inherit crumbs.

>Very old people don't spend that much, because they're too ill for to have costly hobbies.
Super old people yes, but father and mother are also going to stop earning at that point.
Once they're retired they're going to be spending off interest.
That's inevitable, can't have them starving (or can I?) my worry lies in that they will decide to take exotic trips abroad and make luxurious purchases.

>>1074517
>if so ask him what you can do to change his mind.
This one seems a little to direct?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.