[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >21 >41K a year >g.e.d. >shit tier job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1454036728928.jpg (14KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
1454036728928.jpg
14KB, 480x463px
>be me
>21
>41K a year
>g.e.d.
>shit tier job running press in a factory 7 days a week
>no experience other then factory work

How would /biz. Suggest I get s job making 40-50K a year in some office. I'm open to school and moving. I just wanna know the fastest way to reach this goal. How would /biz/ do it if they were me?
>>
Move in wit family

Get a 3.6 gpa in 1 year of communityy college, 24 credits, drop job be4.

Transfer to mid tier state uni, whichever has the best internships

Job future pay + internships are what you use to decide your degree after 24 gen eds.
>>
Thanks for the input
>>
>>1073544
Also spam the fuck out of counsellors, talk to many of them from both unis and community colleges

Also be ready to get good study habits. If you want a 3.6+ in one year you need to tryhard
>>
Why would you want a office job? Desk jockeys are the most miserable sons of bitches I've ever seen.
>>
Would am online option be available? Or will people just say that an think
>fucking pleb
>>
>>1073566
Because I sit at a desk and do paper work while watching and fixing a machine. Imagine bring a desk jockey from 10 at night to 6 in the morning 7 days a week but having the added bonus of being dirty as duck and occasionally sore as hell
>>
>dirty as duck
Lol im at work and tired as shit sorry for the god awful typos. Another reason to want a 5 day a week day job
>>
>>1073525
>7 days a week
>working 1 job non-stop with no days off
Come on, m8.
>>
>>1073603
Yeah its fucking hell. I literally Go months on end with out a single day off. I support a wife and kid. So it's not like I can just quit. That's also why I'm so eager to get a nice realistic job
>>
>>1073618
>21
>supporting a kid
COME ON M8
>>
>>1073627
OK so what I already fucked up to much? :p
I somehow feel I have enough youth left to get somewhere in life. And yeah it sucks but at 21 42K really isn't bad
>>
>>1073525
>a poor guy comes to /biz/ asking for advice
>gets bullied
I search "trade" and get nothing.

OP, go for a trade school. Look up trade school classes at a local community college, go there and inquire about possible placement, time to graduation, and pay. You live in the US, right? We need more people in the trades and the pay/quality of life is way better. My step brother is learning to be a steel welder. He gets paid to go to school. When he's on a job site they construct a shack around what he's welding to keep him out of the weather. He loves it and he'll be making bank when he's out.

For local programs and unions, do some research on http://profoundlydisconnected.com/trade-resource-center/
>>
Thanks anon your help us highly appreciated
>>
>>1073639
There is a reason people tell you specfically not to do that.

Still though 41k ain't too bad. Learn to budget in the meantime and take >>1073670 advice and consider trade school. Do something like HVAC and try to get into commercial buildings work, some of those guys make six figures. Residential isn't that much better than what your already doing but it would still be more.
>>
>>1073639
Damn bro, I actually feel bad for you. It's not impossible to change your life with a kid but it's fucking hard. When you're young and single you can do anything but as a father you have a kid and wife to worry about. Your best bet is to take night classes and hope your family can hang. Start saving as much money as you can and don't buy dumb shit like video games or expensive clothing. Any money you don't spend on bills, food or your kid should be put into a savings account with good interest. Good luck bro, if you try hard enough you'll be able to do it.
>>
>>1073706
>>1073710
Thank you fellow anon's any and all advice if appreciated
>>
>26
>24k€
>average in country is 42k

Luckily im good at budjeting, I have 300k in assets
>>
Keep trying, puppers.
>>
>>1073525
>41K a year
>7 days a week
What the fuck America?
>>
Wait, manual workers in America can earn up to 50k a year?
>>
>>1074260
Yes
>>
>>1073721
>24k/year
>300k assets
>26 y/o

So you've

a) been making 24k/year since you were 14 while spending absolutely nothing on anything

b) been making 24k/year since you were 8 while spending money on only necessities

c) been making 24k/year for a believable amount of time where most of your assets were given to you or inherited

Gr8 budgeting
>>
>>1073721

There is no country that uses the euro where the average income is 42k.

Also, no matter how good you are at "budjeting", and earned lousy 24k since 10 years, you wouldn't have 300k in assets.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.