[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a POS would I be to drop from 12 credits to 9 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: asf.jpg (31KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
31KB, 400x294px
How much of a POS would I be to drop from 12 credits to 9 and pocket $1000 of the money my grandma gave me for university costs?
For whatever reason, going from part-time to full-time (9 credits to 12 credits) includes an extra like $400 fee that I don't want to pay, and obviously you add in the book cost, it ends up being about $1000 just for a 4th class.
>>
>>1073262
pretty big one

But i did the same thing before(kind of, it's related), pretty dick move to lie to your family members desu anon.
>>
>>1073276
basically, she's giving me like $2900 to pay for this semester. it's all online and I can't find any decent 4th class that would be worth it. It's all on my debit card, so nobody would actually know and it'd sit in my checking account. She doesn't seem to care at all and expects all of the money to be used.
>>
>>1073262
What are you studying
>>
>>1073299
It's entirely up to you senpai. Do what you think is right.

My parents gave me over $15k for school and I ended up just staying at home and investing it. Not really much of screwing them over since I'm on my own now but I feel bad about it.
>>
>>1073305
I'm just taking a few random classes that can transfer to a university. It's online classes from a community college. I have no idea what I'm going to major in. I'm really only doing this so my mother and grandmother stop asking what I'm doing with myself etc.
>>
>>1073306
>ended up just staying at home and investing it
So you gambled it all away and are now NEET is what you're saying
>>
>>1073313
>So you gambled it all away and are now NEET is what you're saying

No I still have it(and more), I just didn't make use of it for the purpose my parents gave me it for.
>>
>>1073312
so what are you going to do anon?

We're all waiting for your response.
>>
File: thinkingman.jpg (87KB, 328x284px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingman.jpg
87KB, 328x284px
>>1073369
Well, if I keep the $1000, it means that I'm only taking 3 classes instead of 4, which would make it easier to get all A's. There would be no way for anyone to find out. They don't really care what I do. They just want me to be doing something at all.

I don't know because I've never really done something like it before. I don't have a job. I don't really have any money, so having this $1000 in my checking account if shit were to hit the fan would be nice.

I don't really know if I care about the moral aspect, yet. My grandmother has so much money that it's not like she's hurting financially by giving me this money for school. There isn't really anything I want to buy. I just think It'd be killing two birds with one stone by making my life easier with only 3 classes, not trying to force myself to take a 4th bullshit class, and I get $1000 out of it.

I don't know. I have to figure it out by tomorrow morning. I'll be staying up overnight so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1073387
Just do it. You already know the answer.

(i experienced this exact feel)

If you're even considering this for more than 15 minutes you already know what you want to and are going to do.
>>
>>1073391
Your situation seemed like it was different.
>>
>>1073409
Every situation is different anon.

Yours is a nobrainer though, you've clearly already decided. You know what needs to be done so do it.

1) You have little money, that $1000 would mean a lot
2) She's not financially hurting, so it's not like you're taking her last pennies
3) You would get easier A's and you don't know what other course to take

What else is there to think about?
>>
>>1073415
Yeah.. I just feel like I'm being a POS weirdo creep by doing it even though it would probably be the smart thing to do. I haven't been in school for about 3 years and have no idea what kind of workload I can handle. I absolutely can't get bad grades or I fucked up and wasted all of the money anyway.

These are my class choices, they're all intro classes, basically

>psychology
>sociology
>english
>art history
>early US history to 1877

everything else is either filled or already started and they don't let you join in after it starts. I might not actually be able to take the english for some weird administration reason. I don't really know what to drop out of these.

also, she has always helped me, so I'd feel weird basically just keeping the money without telling her I didn't have to spend it.
>>
>>1073425
Figure it out yourself senpai, but it seems like you already have and just need to take action.

Just do what you feel deep down, because you're not going to successful or get far in anything if you feel like you're doubting yourself.

i was in exactly the same position as you, I had already made up my mind entirely and I knew how my body was reacting, but I didn't want to disappoint my parents and get them mad.

Eventually I just walked around outside and decided it's better to take the heat or whatever consequences then to keep doing something you feel is wrong for you. If you keep doing what you feel is wrong you will always do it poorly. - Not sure if this is much applicable to your situation but I hope you got something out of it at least.
>>
>>1073387
it might feel shitty but if there's absolutely no way anyone will find out and it's gonna make your life easier then why not? having a conscious sucks sometimes but if i were in your shoes i'd do it
>>
>>1073500
conscience* sry had a few drinks tonight lol
>>
>>1073500
conscious is what makes us human but we do need to think logically at times. Doing something just to not upset someone else is usually a poor idea because it tends to get out later and upset them much more than if you went with it earlier.
>>
>>1073262
You're the anon thats going to PSU aren't you, you posted this a few months back.
>>
>>1073621
I live in Vermont. I'm not the anon you speak of.
>>
bump, so what did you do OP?
>>
>>1075339
I still didn't decide. I have to this morning, though.

I took off the art history class and replaced it with a critical thinking class in >>1073425

It's basically

>Psychology
>Sociology
>US History To 1877
>Critical Thinking

and I either take one out and pocket like $850 and make it easier on myself for the semester or I leave all 4 on. I'm not sure yet.
>>
>>1075348
take it out senpai
>>
>>1075349
i'm pretty sure that i am going to take out the history class.
>>
Just tell her you are doing it to save 400 dollars a semester
>>
>>1073262
Pretty fucking low. Most people have to pay their own way you spoiled fuck
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.