[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me the zero rupee thing?, I mean, it values

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Zero_rupee_front.jpg (70KB, 575x277px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_rupee_front.jpg
70KB, 575x277px
Can someone explain to me the zero rupee thing?, I mean, it values nothing, but suddenly it values a lot?, how is that possible?
>>
Why don't you explain it? Because I've never heard of it.
>>
>>1073051
Basically it looks like the 50 rupee note at first glance, so if an official asks for a bribe, you can give them a stack of 0's and hopefully he'll be none the wiser. Since this allows people to bribe officials without using actual money, it creates demand for the notes, which actually makes them worth actual rupees as people clamber to acquire them in such a corrupt country.
>>
>>1073223
That's a pretty inept and worthless police corps if they cannot tell the difference between a counterfeit bill stated clear as day that's worthless and they're also seeking bribes.

Dude, give them fucking 50 rupee bills that were soaked in arsenic if hassled for a bribe. That'd be way more effective in deterring bribes.
>>
>>1073258

The point is that it changes the social situation to make it clear that the one giving the note is refusing to bribe.

The person asking for the bribe can insist, of course, but they will have been made aware the other does not approve and may fight it. If the situation draws attention, the person asking for the bribe has a great deal to lose.
>>
>>1073291
Ah, okay, I can see that working.
>>
Smart idea, but i can imagine if i was pulled over on my honda chickenchaser on a dark road in the middle of nowhere and handed the policeman one of these I'd be more than likely to get truncheoned in the kneecaps
>>
>>1073440
The thing is though, any retaliation draws attention to the situation. Sure, the cop can make up some bullshit charge, but you can only haul in so many innocent people yelling "bribery" before someone pays attention. Similarly, you can only truncheon so many people before it starts to cause problems.

With the Indian federal government cracking down on corruption, you don't want to raise your hand to be made an example of.

Its not perfect, of course, but India is corrupt as all fuck so any little bit helps.
>>
>>1073461
Yeah, hopefully it will spark a cultural change.

But even in relatively uncorrupt asian countries you can get truncheoned just for not wearing a helmet on a motorbike.

These notes are like an official sanction to mug off policemen asking for bribes which helps to embolden the average cotizen to stick up for themselves.

I like the idea.

Ghandi as well. If someone gets one of these notes after asking for a bribe they have ghandi looking at them like wtf r u doing m8
>>
>>1073468
>If someone gets one of these notes after asking for a bribe they have ghandi looking at them like wtf r u doing m8
Made me laugh at the airport, thanks
>>
>>1073468
I'm from India, it won't do shit.

People might as well bribe, it doesn't cost so much for rich folk.

Anyway, people wine a lot about being pulled over for no reason but in my experience I'm more or less in the technical wrong most of the time.

Noone follows the rules, I just happen to be the one caught. Really, I'm the one that says "well might as well bribe my way out of this".

I think we're too hard on our policemen, being a bourgouise bitch I've always liked to look at people from lower income groups with sympathy.

Oh yes also, policeman in India, unless at a high rank, are really fucking poor compared to your policemen in first world countries.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.