[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My country (Denmark) has a esteemed business school, CBS (Copenhagen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1454090310578.jpg (35KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
1454090310578.jpg
35KB, 660x371px
My country (Denmark) has a esteemed business school, CBS (Copenhagen business school).

Thing is, due to the admission system, pretty much only people with amazing grades in high school can get it (Straight A+), due to the amount of applicants.
I however have decently-above-average.

The only thing I got a chance to get admitted to is HA(Mat.). This is "Economics in business"/Economics/"Business administration" + Math.

I love mathematics and economics, so I don't mind at all.

Other classes there focus much more on being an entrepreneur, law, etc.

I have strongly considered applying. It would provide me with a usable education, and a very potent opportunity to network and start up a company with someone.

What does /biz/ think?
>>
>>1072417

Can you apply under HA(Mat.) then once accepted change your major a year in or so when your grades are good enough?

Just a thought.
>>
>>1072417
I have a Danish penpal. Have you ever thought about going to school in another country?

Try to get into a US school that is big on international students. There's a few in every state.
>>
>>1072462
lol no dont go to US
CBS is a good school and it sounds like you would like that course so yes, apply
you should also maybe look at other options in europe where you can study for free, sweden is close and scotland is good if you want to study in english
good luck
>>
>>1072462
US = tuition fees why is that a good idea?
>>
>>1072546
Yeah as an American don't go to college in the US unless you can get good scholarships or in-state tuition rates (preferably both)
>>
>>1072417
I would do it, if you are semi interested in the subjects and not just going there for the school.
As another said, you might also be able to change your major midway, or just take classes that are good.
Don't go abroad for undergrad usually. Stick to your own langue for undergrad, the for masters you can go abroad. The good schools in Copenhagen are renowned so I advice you to apply.
>>
>>1072548
>What is a scholarship, grant, stipend

I know in the europoors have cheap college and they get paid too to go to school, but the US is definitely better overall for an education.
>>
>>1072571
> the US is definitely better overall for an education.
Depends. Sure the top schools are the best in the world, if you do masters or PhD.
If you do undergrad/Bachelor a European one is very strong and if you go to a med tier uni in the us, it is better to study in your home country.
Not only is it better to learn in your native language, but you don't have to go 4 years. Us undergrad is also filled with more filler and "useless" subjects because of the extra year. European schools are sometimes preferred because they are more focused on your actual major.
Also top European schools (like the one OP mentions) are just as good as semi-top us schools.
If you want to do better than Copenhagen business school, you would have to go to Oxford or Harvard University or something.

Do undergrad at home, so grad/masters at a top us or UK uni if you are that good. That's where it matters.
>>
>>1072456
CBS does not allow changing once admitted
>>
>>1072417
>CBS

Get ready for no math and kontanthjælp :^)
>>
File: 5.jpg (12KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
12KB, 352x352px
Don't be driven by prestige. You will make wrong decisions that can't be undone, and eventually you will wise up and realize you've lived your life to impress people who don't really matter. Think long and hard why you want that degree.

>It would provide me with a usable education, and a very potent opportunity to network and start up a company with someone.

It sounds like your primary motivation to study is to 'keep your options open'. Which is perfectly understandable at a young age. But you will regret it later. A tertiary education is a MASSIVE investment. Make sure you have a very specific goal in mind before you spend 5 years of your life on something you might regret later on.

Besides, you only have one shot at a free uni education here. If you spend it unwisely, it's very difficult to come back from.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.