[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience running a cult/church? I filed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: fry6.jpg (49KB, 567x395px) Image search: [Google]
fry6.jpg
49KB, 567x395px
Does anyone have experience running a cult/church?

I filed for a 501(c)(3) federal non-profit and am going to be starting a E-church with headquarters in Manhattan (upper westside)

main source of income will be
-boomers dying and leaving their property and bankaccounts to us
-church goers tithing to the organization

I also want to get 9 women pregnant and starting a cult seems like a good way to do that. If only one boomer dies a year i'll still be making 50k a year.

thoughts? advice? what would be a good cult to start?
>>
If you want to run a cult, you should at least have a good story. It should involve some final judgment that only you can save your followers from. Also, have a holy book.

I recommend that your book has at least three stories in it: a creation story, a hero's journey and a story of the end of the world. You may add some more as you see fit. Use Campbell's monomyth to structure your stories
>>
>>1072382
that's a lot of work!
>>
>>1072379
anyone else have some input?
>>
>>1072379
I've been sorta daydreaming about become an arch-priest of something for a while now... Any plans to expand to Boston, because Im down to lead some masses or some ritualistic sacraments, etc?
>>
>>1072393
Who would've thought?
>>
>>1072393
Don't sweat the holy texts, bro. We'll just run a 'find & replace' on Lord of the Rings and say you're the new King or some shit.
>>
>>1072379
this is beyond fucking stupid
>>
Historically going after the elderly is toxic to the survival of a church.

Go after the youth and the lost if you're seriously trying to do this. Another thing to keep in mind that a generally positive message and a humble demeanor without overt trappings of wealth and greed is pretty important. You will have articles written about you, Journalists love "beating" something and Cults are pretty easy targets for them.

It's also better to not proclaim yourself as god in this current environment, it's better to not proclaim yourself as anything special or unique. People in this generation aren't attracted by that, they are attracted by a person with magnetism who can elevate them and help unlock their unrealized potential. There is a way that you can link this in with tithing but I'm not doing your homework for you.
>>
Get a job at a Scientology center until you can learn the business
>>
>>1072492
beyond stupid? what are you talking about, this guy is from the US. Today there are still several recently created cults with 20-50 members who spout all kinds of bullshit. If this guy isn't afraid of being aggressive and know a little about rhetoric then he can probably get some muricans to listen to him and steal their money.
>>
>>1072379

Cults live or die based on the personality of their leader, which has to be both magnetic and absolutely dominant. If you don't have those qualities, you're never going to get anywhere with this.
>>
Piggyback off of the social justice memes that are currently floating around. Tell your members you're "helping them embrace diversity to have a sustainable conscience", and that performing or receiving microaggressions weighs down the soul and may cause illnesses. Have some sort of electric-assisted massage as the end ritual of an advanced program, like your equivalent of a catechism.

If you're serious about putting this in Manhattan, anon, I live on 133rd and I might be interested.
>>
>>1072501
>There is a way that you can link this in with tithing but I'm not doing your homework for you.

please tell me ur secrets sensai
>>
>>1072653
it will be in mornside heights off riverside drive
>>
1. Lots of competition
2. If you dont have a ruleset and a good pastor, you will go broke, and that generally requires less autistic fantasies
>>
>>1072379

You might be better off going down the alternative medicine route and become some kind of mystical healing guru rather than an out and out cult leader. More opportunities to make cash, significantly less chance of you being shot and/or set on fire.
>>
>>1072872
yeah but do you still get tight teen pussy if i go that route?
>>
>>1073092
if you're not white. you think people are going to believe some white shitter somehow knows ancient chinese/hindu/indigenous/etc healing methods?

or maybe they are that stupid, i mean they are seeking alternative medicine...
>>
>>1072597
And end up in prison as a talent-less hack.
>>
>>1073137
This SUBURBAN DAD re-discovered the ancient Eastern techniques and methods for a healthy life and ENERGY SELF ACTUATION known by monks that the DRUG INDUSTRY and GOVERNMENTS want to BAN!!!

Smart people can join cults, but usually don't. They all have things in common including a naive world-view and are open to counter-culture ideas. If you can target your message to a particular audience, any kinda dumb story can work.

I feel like OP isnt' trying to create a new world religion, he just wants to hornswoggle some old people out of some money for a few years.
>>
>>1073188
in that case he should just become a satanic sex cult leader and have crazy orgies with mothers and their daughters while wearing a snazzy hooded cloak like this lad: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-schoolgirl-day-sex-slave-4297534
>>
>>1073311
Some cultures do not tend toward such deference to group or authority figures like in the UK. You have to have something more than a snazzy cloak and more than child rape to get North American consumers. Need a comet, or something.
>>
>>1073311
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-schoolgirl-day-sex-slave-4297534
nah man i'm not trying to do anything that illegal
>>
>>1072379
bammp
>>
suck dick
>>
OP you're going about this all wrong

you don't need a business licence or a 501(c) to get it off the ground

you need a good story
and people who will believe you

you gain followers first
then you do the money thing

also
taking life insurance policies out on your parishoners/members

also if you're not fuck all crqazy and want some stabililty out of this then no doubt you will have a "usuper" amongst your group who thinks your dogma goes in the right direction or doesn't do enough then they will splinter off and take a sizeable amount of people with them.
or they will just kill you and put them at the head of the religion.
>>
>>1072379
This is fucking awful. Genuinely hope you get hit by a bus OP.
>>
>>1073137

All he needs to do is go on vacation to India or Thailand or somewhere exotic sounding, take some photos looking at giant statues or climbing temple steps, pay some filthy hobo to pretend to talk to them, take photos of the "conversations".

Bang. Instant " I learned these secrets from my guru who is met on my spirit journey. Here's the photos of me being enlightened. I can do the same for you too!" cover story.
>>
File: jones_koresh.jpg (93KB, 1024x668px) Image search: [Google]
jones_koresh.jpg
93KB, 1024x668px
>>1073347
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.