[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you learn anything in school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: school.jpg (28KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
school.jpg
28KB, 300x302px
Did you learn anything in school?
>>
buy ethercoins
>>
I learned that I'm better than everyone else
>>
>>1071839
Quite alot actually. Anyone who says "didn't learn nothin" must either be retarded or American.

Not saying everything I learned was useful or interesting, but I learnt shit
>>
>>1071839
I learned how to procrastinate.
>>
I learned basic English writing, speaking and reading skills.

I also learned basic mathematics, science, etc.
>>
i mostly learned answers to jeopardy question to be honest
>>
>>1071839
If you didn't learn anything in school you were probably wasting your time unwisely.

That said there are likely far better ways of teaching people things, but due to resource constraints and the political climate school is what we have.
>>
Basic Math
How to daydream effectively
How to avoid authority
How to appeal to authority
How to be silent
>>
>>1071839
I took this one economics class my senior year of high school and holy shit. We learned all kinds of shit. Advertising, supply and demand, business tactics, trading and selling stock, the housing collapse and i even read one of the teacher's books called Ishmael. That single book taught me more about philosophy, culture, history and religious brainwashing than anything else. IN ONE BOOK. I can thank that book for how athiest i am now and holy fuck im glad im not religious.
I wish i could go back to the high school and talk with him more after school but i think that would be too creepy and they'd probably ask me to leave.
>>
>>1072359
He probably has an email address on the school website
>>
Two new languages (3 if you count shitty Latin)
Math skills that I thought I'd never need again but then actually did
History and basics of Economy
Time Management and how to study properly
Rules of basketball and football

That's around it
>>
im not gonna deny that i got some fairly decent basic education in school, but here are some life lessons my time in school has taught me.
- looks, personality and a good relationship with your teachers are more important than your actual performance.
- grades are always negotiable
- cheating is fine as long as you dont rely on it to pass tests
- people that have authority over you will try to fuck you over in every way imaginable if they cordially dislike you
- in a "you or them" situation, dont have moral scruples, your fellow students would fuck you over for a better grade too
- make sure you get credit for the work you have done
- keep controversial opinions to yourself, tell people what they want to hear if disagreeing with them will put you at a disadvantage
- take some time in the morning to revise and recall what you have learned the day before
>>
>>1071881
this, how can you spend so much of your childhood in a place with information and not gain some knowledge

you have to be actually retarded
>>
File: 1433476449781.png (331KB, 442x532px) Image search: [Google]
1433476449781.png
331KB, 442x532px
>>1072359
>consciousness came from rocks
>>
File: busywork.png (439KB, 440x594px) Image search: [Google]
busywork.png
439KB, 440x594px
>>1071839
>Did you learn anything in school?
Not much. Had a few interesting teachers.
>tfw I'm the right age of not having to be subjected to busywork like this
>>
>>1072434
what the fuck am I looking at here?
>>
>>1071839

That the US education system is fundamentally flawed and the underlying factor in our longterm economic decline.

Other than that basic math i.e. stats and precal. I already knew all of the history they could teach me and I only learned to write (technically/professionally) in college.
>>
>>1072436
looks like common core.
>>
heaps of useless macro economics and that I can only function properly in a school setting (hence why I'm studying to become a teacher)
>>
I learned a lot of trivia in K12. It wasn't until college that I learned anything particularly practical.
>>
How to listen.
It's amazing what people will talk about within earshot of someone else if they think he isn't listening to them.
>>
>>1072436
Busywork. When two operations will do the job - why not increase them to seven?
>>
How to read for one thing. Also that if you rely entirely on bullshit you're gonna eventually get fucked.
>>
How to follow directions.
>Knew all about computers from boss-ass grandma working at 3Com since I was a tyke.
>Mom had me reading at a fifth grade level before pre-K.
>Knew how and when to shut up from being told to wait my whole life.
Reading and following the directions instead of sitting there troubleshooting something that's been solved was the only real practical skill they had to left to instill. Also kept me from being the weird, socially-maladjusted homeschool kid.
>>
>>1071839
I learned how to read a balance sheet for public companies in 5th grade
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.