[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recently graduated with a petroleum engineering degree Am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1403245001857.jpg (43KB, 378x500px) Image search: [Google]
1403245001857.jpg
43KB, 378x500px
>recently graduated with a petroleum engineering degree

Am I mcfucked? If the price of oil goes back up I'll have no relevant experience on my resume and companies will just hire a more recent graduate with everything still fresh in their mind, I had an internship but in my final year I couldn't even find one. Is it true degrees have an "expiry date"?
>>
>>1071134

Try and get work in infrastructure advisory or construction.
>>
heh... hahaha... lmfao... sorry OP

Just wait it out in graduate school and hope the market has bumped up before you leave
>>
>>1071134
Yeah they do have an expired date and yours was done 10 years ago fucking LOL

>Choosing petroleum industry in the century of decarbonisation

Should've done Liberal Arts mate. You can literally do anything with that degree.
>>
>>1072010
This. Unlike STEM fags, atleast studying liberal arts kills your sense of entitlement because you'll be willing to work any job even if its "below you".
>>
>>1072012
>atleast studying liberal arts kills your sense of entitlement

Is this a joke? How many liberal arts majors do you see lacking a sense of entitlement? They're the worst for it.
>>
>>1072021
What >>1072012 means to say, is that.. upon graduation life smacks you in the face and "special snowfake" syndrome either gets washed away, or you double down and join the Barney Sandals 2016 campaign.
>>
The ultimate insult is the O&G are still hiring chem, mech, and elec grads to run their facilities, yet the lack of new projects means there are no jobs for petr eng in the sole industry they study to work in. Brutal really.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.