[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who work / have worked 80+ hours / week, What did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 80hour.jpg (18KB, 473x140px) Image search: [Google]
80hour.jpg
18KB, 473x140px
People who work / have worked 80+ hours / week,
What did you do?
Why did you do it?
Did it pay off?
How did you find the drive?
>>
>>1071082
I work 84 hour work weeks. It's not too bad. I work six weeks, get two off. It's pretty nice since it's good pay too. Company handles housing and food for those two weeks. I'm not a high position yet, but I have family elsewhere in the company and he gets his flights and stuff paid for too.
Only problem is the company is stingy with raises since most people are pretty shit/shady workers and they just don't want to pay more money out.
>>
>>1071115
>company handles food and housing for those six weeks I meant.
>>
>>1071082

Used to. Was working a government contract and the company didn't want to hire people. I'd work 70 to 80 hours a week, all hourly, with night time shift differential and made damn good money doing it. Easily bring home $4,000+ paychecks every two weeks. Did that for a little over a year.
>>
I've worked a schedule like that, but there was more downtime than people suggest. Still, it wears you down and is not sustainable.
>>
>>1071082
110 hours a week. I did fracing in ND.
>>
I don't think I've ever worked an 80 hour week, but I've had to work 40 hours straight before.

>What did you do?
Network Engineer
>Why did you do it?
A client with offices in 8 different counties completed bricked their entire network and we (read: I) had to fix it all
>Did it pay off?
I guess? I was still hourly and this particular client loves me forever. I got the next week off as comp time, too.
>How did you find the drive?
I didn't have a choice really
>>
>>1071082
Road construction, pay for education, yes, cigarettes
Fracking, pay off house, yes, was easier than road construction so I was fine with it
>>
Depends what you consider work. I spent 10-20 hours researching stocks and work as VP for a small company for 65 hours a week (lots of downtime, but can get busy sometimes).

Biggest tip I have is to have a comfy sleep environment, eat healthy, and you can function on 6 hours of sleep. That being said I work every day in some capacity. Usually have 5-6 hours of free time a day (luckily I live 2 minutes from work).
>>
Genetic engineering some bacteria
Because I needed them for experiment during my PhD
It didn't work out in the end, but such is the case with lots of research. It wasn't a bad decision, just an unlucky one.
I wanted the experiments done, thought it would be good research. It's like going over to /b/ and asking how they find the drive to shitpost
>>
Engineer within the oil/gas industry working for a consulting company.

Basically had to meet deadlines. Worked two weeks back to back of 115 hours both weeks. Into a 90 hour week. into 80 hours and then back to 90. A month and a half of suffering.

After deadline went back to 75-80 a week. Lasted about a year and a half before I got passed up for promotion. Fucked by the supervisors. Not worth it. Wrecked my relationship. My health. My happiness. Ruined my life. FUCK that shit.
>>
Sort of. But only paid off years later cause of the experience I got in the city
>>
>>1071477
Same thing basically, (I'm in electrical engeering) except I realized midway I'm going to be passed over. Scaled myself down to 40h a day, didn't give a fuck about deadlines or anything else. Coasted for three years like this (past the initial two where I worked like an animal), they've only getting ready to lay me off now. Kek.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.