[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone know a good website or youtube channel for micro and macroeconomics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
anyone know a good website or youtube channel for micro and macroeconomics basics? and if you had to choose to revise one of them in one day for an exam which would be more important? thank you in advance, is it possible to learn both in 1 day for an exam on tuesday? i only know supply and demand curves...
>>
pls?
>>
Khan Academy maybe?
>>
>>1071015
kinda crazy to read this, im in the exact same situation, having to revise for my microeconomics exam on tuesday. ive only compiled some of the stuff so far, still have to learn it. i also have my macroeconomics exam coming up, but i dont think its possible to learn both in 1 day, sorry brah, im gonna skip that exam. unfortunately, i cant really point you to a website or youtube channel either. there are great youtube channels that offer free lectures, but the videos are probably too long to finish before your exam. my profs have set up a moodle test area with questions and answers that cover all areas of microeconomics, so thats what im compiling. id share, but its in german.
>>
>>1071015
Not sure about channels, but if you want to know anything ask me. If all you know is supply and demand there should be plenty I can tell you.
>>
>>1071064
Not OP but please explain how and why a stocks worth goes up when there's more demand for one and down when theres more supply. Entire company is worth 1000 and theres 10 shareholders. Each share is worth 100 dollars right? Another guy invests 100 more dollars. 1100/ 11 is STILL 100 DOLLARS. WHAT THE FUCK AM I MISSING? I know im missing something here.
>>
File: shares.jpg (28KB, 735x274px) Image search: [Google]
shares.jpg
28KB, 735x274px
>>1071709
The number of shares is fixed. Issuing more shares reduces the value of the existing shares.
>>
>>1071714
owners equity is a new term for me.
so the 20m/2m equals 10 is the equity/share. Now is that 10 dollars what you buy it on the stock market for? Im fairly new to economics but i am currently really interested in it.
>>
>>1071720
No. The equity/share is just what a shareholder is entitled to if the company shuts down.

Market price is whatever people are willing to pay for the shares. I could have one share in that example company and offer it for sale for $20. If someone buys it from me, the market price is $20/share -- even if the equity/share is only $10.

As for why someone would want to pay more (or less) for a share than the amount of equity it's worth, there are a few reasons. The main one is that you think the company is going to grow. If I offer my one share for $20 and you think the equity/share is eventually going to grow to $40 then it would make sense for you to buy the share at $20, wait, and then sell for a profit.
>>
>>1071745
AHHHH. I see now. So if the owners equity goes up to say 30 million in the example. then the equity/share is suddenly worth 15. But that doesnt matter on the stock market because theres a bit of bargaining on the original shareholders part and the new sharholders part. And what we see on the stock market is THAT bargaining price and what people are willing to pay for it. So the stock price on the NASDAQ or NYSE isnt the actual price its just what people think each share is worth at the time.
Thanks i read a lot of stuff on it and it didnt really help me much.
>>
>>1071768
Right.

The person who holds the shares will place a sell order on the exchange saying how many shares they want to sell and how many dollars/share they're willing to accept. If a buyer sees this order and thinks it's a good deal, they'll fork over the cash and get the shares in return. The price of a particular stock on the exchange is determined by the dollars/share of the last order that was filled.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVOfkq-HLY
real cringy but also really good
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.