[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inventory management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 225x225px
Anyone have experience managing inventory for a small business?
I've just started this year and am having a hell of a time getting it straight.
I've been using excel to track changes but haven't yet come up with a reliable structure to give summary totals, keep a running record of ingredient use and set reliable thresholds for reordering.
What tips can you offer from your experience?
>>
what kind of small business
>>
>>1070142
pesticide manufacturing
>>
I used Quickbooks Point of Sale with a neat little barcode scanner to handle lots of inventory at a tire store.
>>
The best tip I have on inventory is figure it by the bulk quantity. I pulled my hair out trying to micro the small shit and then realized it didn't matter.
>>
I agree with the other dude - if you want easy go Quickbooks
>>
We were using quickbooks before I got involved in the inventory process. It was just so poorly managed that it's more of a distraction now.
The owner won't even let me see the quickbooks program because it contains pricing information but he still wants me to figure out why quickbooks is wrong and justify why my numbers are right!
>>
There just has to be a better way. Have you guys ever used Microsoft Access? I'd be interested to find out what it can be used for.
>>
>>1070157
Something like this:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Cut-expenses-manage-inventory-and-ship-effectively-by-using-the-Goods-web-database-template-dba011e4-a432-4bbd-becd-10cf02d7d76d

I usually just write something that does it, though. I'm trying to push family's business off of Quickbooks, but after years of using it, you kind of get locked in. Currently using their SDK to connect and get most of the data out of it and put it into my own database for the time being.
>>
>>1070137
At my company, the warehouse guys input the data into a shared google docs file, that is then uploaded by someone at the office into LinnWorks.

I've seen other guys manage inventory through quickbooks for much smaller operations.
>>
>>1070150
Work out the EOQ for inventory and include shipping times. That's what I took away from the CA program.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.