[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you making bank as an alpha tradesman? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: tradesgods.jpg (71KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
tradesgods.jpg
71KB, 980x400px
Why aren't you making bank as an alpha tradesman? Do you seriously want to be a beta cuck office drone plugging in numbers all day?
>>
>>1070114
But I am. I'm a forester who gets to ride around in the woods with a truck and a gun all day, and I get paid 50k.
>>
>>1070114
I am. I'm a stonemason who builds castles all day and trades stocks at lunch
>>
>>1070114
Is dick sucking a trade?
>>
trades? What a shitty ... Shitty life to lead.
>>
File: 1447403816165.png (505KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447403816165.png
505KB, 1280x720px
>>1070130
Look at this jelly faggot. Trades are sweet, bro. Get ripped and tan while hanging out outside joking with your buddies all day. Build sweet looking stuff and take pictures of it and everyone is impressed. Plus girls love it. And when your in your 50s your still in great shape and all the girls love you while the old office workers are decrepid and pale and look like pic related
>>
Because I don't want to fuck up my joints or wade around in a dirty environment.

>>1070172
>Get ripped and tan while hanging out outside joking with your buddies all day

Why have I nearly never seen a well kempt tradesman? Literally every single one is overweight - fat, wears dirty, baggy clothes with either holes, stains or covered in some shit... They all smoke and drink like losers too.

>And when your in your 50s your still in great shape and all the girls love you while the old office workers are decrepid and pale and look like pic related

Try with banged up joints to where he can't even walk so he gets even fatter because of literally no physical exercise and a diet of beer and junk food(because he doesn't have enough time or location to get some real food).
>>
who the fuck wants to be blue collar
>>
>>1070118
If forestry wasn't already so god damn saturated I'd have done that too. I hope you're having lots of fun :(
>>
>>1070194

You think this world will function properly if everyone is some aspiring middle manager office-cuck or manager?

Who are they going to manage?
>>
File: 1401741457938.jpg (35KB, 636x467px) Image search: [Google]
1401741457938.jpg
35KB, 636x467px
I tried, oil economy crashed now there's no jobs
>>
>>1070191
Thats because everyone in your trailer park looks like that anon.
>>
>>1070202
>You think this world will function properly if everyone is some aspiring middle manager office-cuck or manager?

Exactly.

So it's for people who can't graduate HS and are too dumb and lazy to into more complex things.
>>
>>1070122

really? do you make good money trading stocks?
>>
Seriously considering saying fuck college and becoming an electrician. My grandfather is one and I have worked with him before. Talk me out of it
>>
>>1070209
Jokes aside, theres a lot more to tradework than most people probably think. I run into clients all the time asking me to do things that would be either unwise or down right dangerous. Strangely enough, some of the "smartest" clients (tech workers) are some of the stupidest when it comes to building actual physical things like houses. Many of them try to design and oversee construction on their own houses only to come away with a twisted shitheap and end up calling a general anyway when they realize how far over their heads they are
>>
>>1070218
Idk senpai maybe trades isn't THAT bad but literally every single tradesperson I've seen was not someone who I wanted to be like or admired.

I know quite a few people who do trades, and while they personally enjoy it, I don't think it's for me or even most people who would be on 4chan. Doing physical labor is not appealing in the slightest, especially after years and years.
>>
>>1070216
Do it. A lot of men should go into trades instead of buying into the college loan meme. Good electricians will always be employed. And while your buddies are peddling their econ degrees to McDonalds, you'll be a journeyman making $40/hr plus overtime. Millenials hate the trades for some reason. I'm 28 and often the youngest or second youngest guy on jobsites. The demand for smart, reliable guys is insane. I have yet to run into a company that wouldnt hire me on the spot
>>
>>1070114
lol that pic
There's no women in trades
>>
>>1070226
Another thing.
I have rich ass parents who will pay for college. So no loans.
>>
>>1070226

Here's the thing: $40/hr is a great salary.

Only smart/hardworking people make $40/hour.

Every millennial thinks they are worth MORE than $40/hour- so they scorn the trades.

Now, 95% of those millennials are wrong, so they make $8/hour at mcdonalds.

The 5% that were correct, make more than $40/hour.

I am one of those 5%.

Most millennials are not. Such is life.

Trades is a good option for 95% of people.
>>
>>1070229
Eh idk, might as well do college then, I guess. I always thought it would be fun to do the 4 year, live in the dorms, be in a frat, and bang freshmen deal, but couldnt justify going into debt for it.
>>
>>1070226
Loans aren't much at all.

Those "le econ degrees" are actually highly leveragble and widen your options dramatically.

After working for like 5 years you would very likely being out earning the tradesman unless he worked in a very in-demand field in the middle of nowhere. With the added benefit of a relaxing work environment and enjoying mentally-stimulating work.

It's different for everyone though. But really I don't think many people can become tradesmen unless they knew they liked doing that kind of work beforehand.

Being a tradesman when you hate your job must be the worst thing ever.
>>
>>1070232
Yeah, everyone is different. I cant understand why anyone would do any job they hate, though. The only time I saw that was in the union where there were some guys who would skip from company to company just long enough to go back on unemployment and still have benefits and a pension. I worked with guys who made $110k in a good year doing windows. My best year was around $70k. It can be much more profitable than you think if you are in a rich area.

Maybe less kids grow up working on the house and building stuff outside nowdays, so they arent used to that sort of stuff.
>>
>>1070231
Planning to finish the year then work the summer with my grandfather again and see what I want. Entered as undecided major, just getting the basic crap out of the way. Planning to do Information Systems or Finance. That's about as far as I know what to do with my life at this point :c
>>
>>1070230
>what is growth
>>
>>1070230
This seems pretty accurate. Every millenial thinks the deck is stacked against them and they'll never be rich enough to buy an island so why even try. Just go to work faggot. It's ablit paying bills and contributing to society, not becoming the Waltons overnight
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.