[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for seniors who are frantically searching for jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1454203427300.png (254KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454203427300.png
254KB, 448x450px
Any advice for seniors who are frantically searching for jobs beginning after graduation?
>>
>>1070029
well if you dont have a plan now then i assume you don't have any field experience through internships yet. but you've got what like 3 months or so? start putting your resume out there through hiring websites like monster.com and such, also look into getting your resume into newspapers. just put down that you're about to graduate and will have the degree. don't limit your audience to the local area, make sure you post the resume in places with industry for your line of work, you might be surprised.

you really should have jumped on some networking opportunities and job fairs and stuff throughout college but whatever. SPREAD THE RESUME.
>>
Tune up your brand. You're selling yourself. LinkedIn and social media should be polished. Network with your professors and any connections you can. Call every recruiter you can find. The more exposure you have the more likely you will be to find something.
>>
In order of desirability

1. your dream job
2. a job related to your dream job
3. excel monkey, call center, and other jobs that need more than a HS diploma
4. drop the degree and get whatever gives 40 hours a week

Anyone who made it through college should be able to #4. Look clean and don't act like you are on drugs. Having a job is better than no job. You can jump to #2 or #3 through temp agencies. Temp jobs are willing to train the right person, but can dump you with a phone call.

The only way you get #1 out of college is through connections or internship experience.
>>
Should've saved for retirement.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.