[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil bouncing back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: oil barrel-saidaonline.jpg (11KB, 417x333px) Image search: [Google]
oil barrel-saidaonline.jpg
11KB, 417x333px
Considering that OPEC can reduce production, US shale firms going bankrupt, and possible increase in demand down the line, is this a good time to invest in oil? Or is this recovery temporary before it goes down again? Thoughts?
>>
cant really tell, it might go at least once back to 25$ and then israel will tell opec to do massive cuts
>>
>>1069907
Don't be stupid. This thread comes up every week. Wait until the market moves up, stop catching the falling knives.
>>
>>1069911
Care to explain how israel can effectively tell them this?
>>
>>1069907
i wouldn't iran just had sanctions lifted- 2.3 mil barrel output and another 500,000 barrels are going into supply a day

6mo futures have it rising by $10 and i'd say that's pretty reasonable
>>
your mom's pussy is bouncing up and down on my cock
>>
File: 131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg (37KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg
37KB, 620x413px
>>1069907
Here is a little secret for my oil interested /biz/raelis:

Count up the cumulative volume of contracts traded in the last leg down to the $27 handle in WTI.

Now start offsetting it by counting the volume since that last low. When the volume from the low to the $27 handle is getting near 80% of the volume down to it, I'd suggest you get ready to hold on to your ass. The volatility will be forthcoming. You're welcome.
>>
why anybody with a brain would "invest" in commodities I'll never understand.
>>
>>1069907
Some tech coming out might have US shale profitable at $5/barrel. Or it might not happen. You better be sure before making that bet.
>>
>>1069925
lmao rekt
>>
>>1069907
>OPEC can reduce production
They won't OPEC is broken because no one trusts each other
>>
>>1069943
Because they are extremely predictable long term. Commodities are the purest form of supply and demand investment available
>>
>>1069931
could you explain further?
>>
>>1069986
I think he's talking about the momentum threshold that would signal that the price is indeed going up and not just a "dead cat bounce".
>>
>>1069931
love you zardoz!
>>
>>1069919

Phone call, maybe email.
>>
>>1069907
>shale companies are bankrupt.

Gonna need a sauce on that.

Also, it's like you faggots have no idea what the term mothball is.
>>
>>1069907

I'd wait until summer time to start investing heavily in oil stocks. Let things shake out and see what happens. Right now it's nothing but downside and most people on /biz/ can't handle any drops without shitting themselves in panic.
>>
>>1069907
Given the cuts to capex combined with the re-balancing of shale producers in the US and the near complete shut down of the Canadian oil patch it is not unreasonable to expect to see at $60 - $80/b in the next five years. There is another component of this that requires deeper discussion and that is of the political risk as it pertains to potential conflict within Saudi Arabia and or between Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is a very real risk and is not currently being priced into the current market price.
Finally, many will say higher prices will bring US and Canadian producers back on line. However, once off line and having been subjected to an extended period of little or no capital expenditures this infrastructure will not come back on line quickly.
>>
File: 1439669213213.jpg (73KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1439669213213.jpg
73KB, 672x434px
>when you've got shares of /uwti/
>>
>>1071175
How much sauce do you want? How about this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/energy-bankruptcy-idUSL1N0UN2MA20150108
>>
File: fischer oil 80_0.jpg (32KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
fischer oil 80_0.jpg
32KB, 600x358px
>>1069986
>>1070972
It's an old trick from the "turtle" days. After a swing move, you look at how many contracts were traded in that move. Then you wait until an equal number of contracts have traded after (in this case) the low was made. So, if it took a bazillion cumulative contracts to get to $27 handle for WTI, you would watch the contracts traded AFTERWARD as they grow to near a bazillion traded. The thought is that all the down-move contracts have to be bought back somehow. At that time the shit is on the launch pad aimed toward the fan. There is another old trick associated with this form of analysis but my mind is distracted by the recent adventures of Johnny Manziel and I wonder if Jerry Jones is being force-tranquilized by his son Stevie.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.