[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indonesia - Why isn't it an economic powerhouse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: the raid.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the raid.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>4th most populated country after the USA, India and China.

Why is Indonesia not an economic tour-de-force?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YJWipq4H4
Why do we never hear about this country? Don't they have cheap manufacturing costs along the lines of Bangladesh?

Pic related, Indonesia's one export. One fucking movie.
>>
Muslims can't into manage money
>>
Idk much about Indonesia but I feel like it would probably be because of political corruption

Any south east country is usually corrupt somewhere; philippines, thailand, indonesia
>>
>>1069236
Everey BRICS country had loads of corruption and bought off politicians and yet they pulled through.
>>
>>1069228
Same reason why any country isn't rich: bad policy.

Sometimes that bad policy is forced upon countries from external pressures and sometimes it's just a poor choice. Indonesia is mostly forced from outside. See Nixon/CIA etc.
>>
shitty infrastructure. Incompetent government.
>>
At 0:36, leading Indonesian economist mentions Dreadout on Steam as an indicator of Indonesian innovation. They are getting desperate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hgm5XwGXno
>>
>>1069259
No, because geopolitical reasons, with bad policy occasionally too boot. If you think somewhere like uganda could rival any first world countries if it had perfect eonomic policies you are delusional. The country us doomed until the space age happens and white people and asians leave the planet for black people.
>>
low iq
>>
>>1069228

It's because indeonsian people are the scum of the earth.

I sell semiconductors on ebay, millions of dollars per year.

Indonesia is the ONLY country that I have had problems with.

EVERY time someone from there buys something from me, they try to fuck me somehow.

They claim it never got there, they claim it doesn't work, they claim I sent the wrong item.

They're thieves and liars and SCUM and the world would be better off if their country blew up

I've had people in Africa buy $1000 chips from me- no problems. Honest niggers.

Indonesians MUCH WORSE than blacks living in rural africa- THINK ABOUT THAT

The reason why the country suffers is because NO ONE WANTS TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM
>>
>>1069582
Kek
>>
>>1069586

I mean, everyone saying it's bad policy, no.

It's BAD PEOPLE.

I will NO LONGER DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.

I am SURE that many other companies have a similar policy- so it's in effect, a huge sanction where NO ONE will do business with them
>>
Indonesia actually has a very respectable GDP growth in the last 15 years. The lowest annual growth is after the depression, 4.7% in 2009.

Which is absolutely massive when compared to developed countries. In western europe, sub 2% growth is something expected.

Their progress seems poor only in comparison with China and India.
>>
Because it isn't a Dutch colony anymore.
>>
File: mad dog from the raid.jpg (69KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
mad dog from the raid.jpg
69KB, 504x720px
Start at 40:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmb0gAiQVE

Indonesia's education system for its youth is totally fucked. A significant percentage of their students are illiterate by the time they leave grade school.

The smart Indonesians send their kids abroad.
>>
isnt it like 99% muslim?

pretty severe drawback desu. islam is incredibly hostile towards innovation.
>>
>>1069617
I was gonna say something like this.

OP what are you basing your opinion on? From what I've come to understand they are like a mini China. Good place for exports and on the rise.

>>1069582
Sorry about your bad experience anon. Made me glad I didn't go with a company over there for one of my projects.
>>
>>1069476
literally this
>>
>>1069582
Indonesian people are literally the scum of the earth. I tried to sell a phone on ebay and got bombarded with scam emails from those little shits
>>
low iq
muslim
high competition from nearby yellow asians
history of exploitation by several first world nations (currently USA USA USA)

it is simply not going to happen
>>
>>1069228
Turkish guy living in Indonesia for 2 years, married with an Indonesian girl.
Started a business 4 months ago and here is my experience. 1. People are untrust worty, they will do anything to get your money, they will lie to you, they will say yes until they get your money but you will get what ever they want to give you in the end, not what you wanted. 2. Infrastructure is shitty, electrycity, roads, ports etc all are absent. I can't start a production plant in the middle of jungle, fucking goverment didn't build any roads. 3. They hate foreigners. 4. Burocracy is very complicated, slow and expensive. You can't do business until you pay bribes. 5. It is not a state of law, it means when somethings go wrong you can't rely on laws, police or courts. This singly destroy the trust issue in the business world, every one thinks if sth goes wrong they won't be able to go to court so they don't take risks. 6. Indonesian muslims have very bad morals, they lie and cheat, Indonesian Chinese people are the best with decent morals and most of them are rich, I prefer to do business with them. 7. People are lazy and irresponsible, they stop working at 4 pm and they wouldn't work hard if you don't push them. 8.They are not educated well, except Chinese Indonesians 9. There is huge corruption, it means burocracy will rob you or you won't be able to reach the required resources to have a big business. There is more but what ever..
>>
Indo-Chinese here. The country is a fucking shithole. Everyone secretly hates each other and just wants your money. Ironically, this applies for both the wealthy who exploit the natives who are too retarded/uneducated to rebel ( or are just bribed).

Indonesia is literally the same if not worse than the Philippines.
>>
>>1069476
>If you think somewhere like uganda could rival any first world countries
When did I imply this? Of course some countries are going to be richer than other countries simply as a result of access to resources. But to suggest a poor country can't become rich with effective policy is false. Every rich country was previously a poor country and became rich through policy.
>>
>>1069617
That's not hard to do when you start really small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkMhKEfOqw
This is a country that thinks it's a great idea to market cigarettes to preteens.
>>
>>1070609
Is it an import-export business?
>>
>>1070609
let me guess, you married a Chinese Indonesian
>>
>>1070945
>This is a country that thinks it's a great idea to market cigarettes to preteens.
How do you think they get such good GDP numbers?
>>
>>1070609
That describes literally every non-first-world country.
>>
>>1070609
>electrycity
>They are not educated well
>>
File: image_midi_1.jpg (30KB, 365x275px) Image search: [Google]
image_midi_1.jpg
30KB, 365x275px
With all the accumulated wisdom of /biz/, how do we fix Indonesia? (And no, islam and niggers isn't the problem.)
>>
>>1069228
repeat after me
corruption
>>
>>1070637
ohes dont forget about the 2.6 billion arab donations nextdoor
>>
If Indonesia is such a shithole, then what are the least shitty parts of it to do business in?
>>
>>1072372
you need to do something about the human capital
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pk2-vr4sSw
>>
>>1072388
Heart breaking sermon. ;_;

But just focusing on human capital (e.g. education) and not having a system that can punish or reward won't do anything.
>>
>>1072347

>english clearly isn't his first language
>still tries to share his firsthand experiences to contribute to the topic

You're a dick
>>
>>1072372
> how do we fix Indonesia? (And no, islam and niggers isn't the problem.)
But they are the problem. You have a lazy insignificant population, much like the US does, and you keep reinforcing religious systems which allow this continuous cycle of laziness.

There's no point discussing other systems or institutions until that situation is dealt with quite frankly. Unlike power houses like China or the US which didn't have such infestation until they were already successful.
>>
>>1069582

Are you that anon who spent hella time looking for a good diamond ring for his wife then got pretty much cucked?
>>
>>1070778
You're not taking into account political dominance. The USA keeps these countries from fully emerging and I'm not kidding in any way. The CIAs entire purpose is to make sure other countries stay in place.
>>
>>1069228
They are Sharia based on the northern tip of the western island of Sumatra, speak a bunch of different versions of a language, become less fundamentally Islamic the further east you go in the archipelago. They are agrarian and burn the shit out of raw land to make palm oil for Indian consumption and that pisses off everyone in the smoke zone. The people are nice.
>>
>>1072347
consider a helium bag
>>
>>1072388
"If you kill do it properly"
I knew that goat fucker couldnt contain his power level.
>>
File: 800px-President_Suharto,_1993.jpg (163KB, 800x1025px) Image search: [Google]
800px-President_Suharto,_1993.jpg
163KB, 800x1025px
>>1069228
<- Suharto

>By the 1990s, the New Order's authoritarianism and widespread corruption[10] were a source of discontent. According to Transparency International, Suharto is the most corrupted leader in modern history, having embezzled an alleged $15–35 billion during his rule.[11] In the years after his presidency, attempts to try him on charges of corruption and genocide failed because of his poor health and because of lack of support within Indonesia.

$35 billion
>>
>largest muslim country in the world
>"why aren't they successful"

Well memed
>>
>>1073462
Asia's Stalin-lite.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.