[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder how the Wikledorks haven't jumped from a 10 st

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19

I wonder how the Wikledorks haven't jumped from a 10 story building by now. First they get fucked over on Facebook and now assraped by Bitcoin. A year ago they said that Bitcoin would have a trillion dollar market cap. Yikes.

>http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/27/investing/bitcoin-winklevoss-twins-gold/index.html
>>
>>1068101

>"bitcoin is over it's cucked fucked and all outta luck"

the game ain't over son. t-b-h desu senpai it probs won't hit a trillion but it'll get closer than anything your fuckin with
>>
>>1068137
I agree. People that don't see the potential of crypto just make me shake my head family.

Although i think bitcoin as a brand is a dead duck. Crypto will live on through Ethereum. Ethereum is cryptos secret weapon. You can actually do amazing things with it that were not possible for humans to achieve previously.
>>
>>1068137
you're*
>>
>>1068148
Ethereum? People still buying that? I thought that was last week.
>>
File: 28456855.jpg (49KB, 597x836px) Image search: [Google]
28456855.jpg
49KB, 597x836px
>>1068148

GET OUT THE CAR SHILL GOY CUZ THE SHIT STAIN TRAIN IS HEADED YOUR WAY
>>
File: 1417481317461.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1417481317461.gif
2MB, 230x175px
Come on mark this is just getting sad.
>>
>>1069326
Bitcoin isn't that sad desu senpai. It's stagnating but it's still around.
>>
>I have a raging clue right now
>yeah, me too
>>
>"If Bitcoin is a better gold or seen as a type of gold-like asset, then it could be in the trillions on a market cap,

They don't said when, they said it could, dumbass. Did you expect to have it a year later?
And it objectively will, since in 10 years cash will not exist, and Bitcoin will be the only way to circunvent goverment cuckoldry. The price of BTC will be unvaluable for this reason alone. Gold is unconvenient as hell to move. Have fun moving millions of dollars undetected in gold from A to B, meanwhile you can move any amount of money inside an encrypted USB inside a picture of a cat. You dumb fucks don't see it coming. I can't believe you are missing on such an obvious buy.
The marketcap is still 6 fucking billion dollars. I can't wait for all the fiat that's searching for a new home as stocks and real state keeps going to hell.

I CAN'T fucking wait. It's going to be fun posting all the of the screenshot i've gathered of dumbasses here disregarding Bitcoin in the most clueless of ways. I can't also wait to see altcoin bagholders get hit by the reality of things here: It's all about Bitcoin and it's side-chains because it's objectively inneficient to code under networks that are objectively inferior in hashing power (have fun trying to reach Bitcoin's network hashing power, which is the #1 in the world surpassing all supercomputers ever combined)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bernanke-says-fed-likely-to-add-negative-rates-to-recession-fighting-toolkit-2015-12-15

This will be the Titanic sinking and bitcoin will be the life saving flotsam that you can hang on to while riding out the recovery.
>>
>>1069847
>in 10 years cash will not exist
Are you for real nigga?
>>
File: 1404048924644.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404048924644.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>1068101
The Winklevoss twins just aren't that smart. They have a habit of overplaying their hand. Their investment strategy is more like a gambler throwing dice on the latest new thing without consideration for the details. When the market turns against them they double-down on it instead of cautiously monitoring their assets. These guys are a joke. They were rich with alot of money to burn and that's what they did. Burned it.
>>
File: 1393808033410.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1393808033410.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>1069847
Bernanke isn't even the fed chairman anymore. There's also a war on cash going on so negative interest rates in the US are HIGHLY unlikely. You don't know what you're talking about. Please stop.
>>
File: the future.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the future.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>1069847
Thank you. These plebs will never appreciate the great truth contained in your post.

Bitcoin is not a trojan horse for the cashless society. Bitcoin is the trojan horse of the trojan horse for the cashless society.

ie. after the cashless society is introduced Bitcoin will be the one avenue of freedom left to humans.

we have a few short years left and must develop the perfect crypto before they shut it down hard.

once we have the perfect crypto the only thing they will be able to do is globally reduce bandwidth which means society suicides itself by throttling the bandwidth..
>>
>>1069855
way to miss the entire point fucking idiot
>>
>>1069860
I didn't miss the entire point. I think you miss the entire point. Bernanke is done. The only opinion in the fed that matters is Janet Yellen. If It doesn't come from her mouth it means jack shit. The fed isn't going to do something that's going to encourage people to pull their money out of the banks. The whole point of the QE was to prop up the banks. Benanke is an idiot, and always has been. Bitcoin doomsayers are stupider than gold bugs.
>>
File: 1392333636957.jpg (33KB, 425x275px) Image search: [Google]
1392333636957.jpg
33KB, 425x275px
>>1069864
Again you miss the point, no one is talking about who the chairman of the Fed is. That point is not under discussion and is irrelevant.
>>
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194KB, 660x393px) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194KB, 660x393px
>>1069849
>Are you for real nigga?

Are YOU or anyone here paying attention to what the fuck is going on actually?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwkC8WaN5T4&t=30m16s

I hope you know who the grey haired bitch raising the arm is.

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN SEE IT COMING, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST LOL. I guess that's what happens when you are stuck looking at your cliche-stock-filled portfolios day in and day out. Stay OLD and CLUELESS.
>>
File: nocoiners.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
nocoiners.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>1069890
Check 30 minutes 16 seconds mark. Stupid 4chan doesn't know how to embed while starting the video at a given time.
>>
>>1069857
They can't do shit after we deploy sidechains. Also, wait for decentralized internet, it's fucking over for them. Bitcoin whales will launch Bitcoin nodes into space and we will be mining on solar panel powered machines in god knows where. Shit is going to be fun. They will join us or get Kodak'd.
>>
File: 5.png (111KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
111KB, 639x480px
>>1069890
It's useless dude. You're banging your head against a wall. These people will not listen until some guy shouts it at them on CNN. there's whole industries set up to mislead these sheep and decieve them for profit.

very good video. lagarde basically spells out the elites argument against crypto.
"threat to financial stability"
"disrupt monetary policy"
"outside of regulation"

let these shitmunchers fall by the wayside. they won't know what hit them.
>>
>>1069864
>The whole point of the QE was to prop up the banks.

Why do uneducated people insist on spurting such nonsense? The point of QE was to lower bond yields and encourage business investment. Get a clue.
>>
>>1069890
I like it when people post this image. It makes it easier to tell if they're a moron or straight up shill.
>>
>>1069894
I really think you should look into Ethereum. Ethereum is basically bitcoin blockchain on steroids. It will piss from a great height on any and all sectors of the traditional financial system.

if you want to hedge your bets I suggest taking a small position in ETH. there is a chance the mining centralisation will kill bitcoin. Ethereum, once it moves to POS will be unassailable. completely out of reach of physical enforcement.
>>
>>1069902
moron detected
>>
>>1069902
Is this how you cope?
>>1069904
POS is shit as demonstrated by NXT, plus it has never probed to scale to POW levels. Have fun with your altcoin.

PS: I have no doubt ETH will pump, but anyone that thinks that shit is "Bitcoin 2.0" needs a bullet to the brain.
>>
File: 1404689704550.png (293KB, 558x561px) Image search: [Google]
1404689704550.png
293KB, 558x561px
>>1069912
So, are you getting paid to shill? Is this a part-time shilling gig for you? Are you trying to find the next great sucker to buy winklevoss coins? Or do you...
>do it for FREE
>>
>>1069906
>>1069912

You guys are fucking retards. One of the most important characteristics of a currency is short term price stability. This is far more important than long term store of value... This is due to the fact that long term savings should be held in income generating assets and not cash. Bitcoin and other cryptos suffer from wild price instability, which is why they're never going to see widespread adoption.

So whoever made that image conveniently decided not to include that, so clearly its pure shill.
>>
File: 6a.png (509KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6a.png
509KB, 1024x768px
>>1069912
you're a silly man, and your maximalist outlook makes you as much of a threat to crypto as these nocoiners.

NXT is some stupid shitcoin with a flawed implementation of POS add to that the coin distribution is fubar makes NXT a non starter.

Bitcoin as a brand is dead. hampering it's adoption. not only that, the flawed mining model means mining is centralised down to 4 chinese individuals. These individuals have a vested interest in keeping it the way it is because they would make more money going down with the ship.

ETH has put tremendous effort and thought into solving these problems and is still nimble enough to implement changes.

Even if Bitcoin manages to limp on, ETH will eventually be the bigger blockhain by far. Anyway I believe there is room in the world for more than one chain. a plurality of chains as well as of nodes is a good thing for crypto and prevents stagnation and centralisation. Who knows, I may turn out to be wrong and ETH has some unforeseen bug. In that case having Bitcoin will be an escape valve. But reality could just as easily turn out the other way.
>>
>>1069912
Ethereum will never be 100% PoS, Vitalik has pretty much said as much.
>>
>>1069923
Makerdai is in the process of implementing a stablecoin on the Ethereum blockchain which should match exactly the value of one SDR. The simple explanation of how it works is that you can collateralise other ETH assets and trade off for more volatility which should keep the Dai very stable.

This is in development currently and will be released soon.
>>
File: BitcoinHashRate.png (94KB, 1600x784px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinHashRate.png
94KB, 1600x784px
>>1069924
>maximalist
Vitalik buzzword copout detected.

>Bitcoin as a brand is dead.
I can give you endless headlines of how the internet was used for drugs, terrorism and paedophilia in the early days when you weren't still born, and how we needed Compuserve to regulate this "wild wild west". Plus no one knows shit about Bitcoin yet. If Ethereum ever does something interesting, it will also get attacked in the media, so this is a zero sum argument. If anything, it should be as seen as proof of how Bitcoin is disrupting and rustling grandpa JP Morgan asses while Ethereum becomes an R3 cuck.

Again, ETH will never be a proper currency/settlement network because it has embedded turin-completness which is a mistake for this goal, which is why it's much better to have this separated as a sidechain (Bitcoin was designed to be non-TC in purpose).

Again, have fun trying to gain Bitcoin's network effect. While your coping ass said it failed, it recently surpassed ATH records. The ride continues.
>>
File: 80297_340.jpg (82KB, 340x307px) Image search: [Google]
80297_340.jpg
82KB, 340x307px
>>1069940
of course the hashrate is supposed to increase. they're still building miners.

>cuck for R3

I think you'll find that is actually a clever tactic right there. Ethereum is a little hand grenade rolled in to the banks networks. once we get them hooked on that sweet Ether, we pull the fucking pin out and BOOM
>>
>>1069940
>Bitcoin was designed to be non-TC in purpose

No, Bitcoin was knocked out in an afternoon of coding by one person. it was non TC because he didn't have the resources to make it TC in a safe way.

Bitcoin was merely a proof of concept. never meant to be a global payment network. Ethereum is the real deal.
>>
>>1069945
I'm pretty sure I read the banks were basically just using the Ethereum client to run their own chain, which would mean the "ether" they mine and use to run it would be different.

Coming from an ether holder and miner, I think everyone has placed a lot more weight on the R3 shit than it merits. The banks are, in all likelihood, building a private blockchain.
>>
>>1069954
let them build it, in the long run it will do them no good at all unless it is fungible with the public chain.

maybe when they realise how futile what they're doing is, they all quit their jobs and go home.
>>
>>1069847
>I can't wait for all the fiat that's searching for a new home as stocks and real state keeps going to hell.

Okay everything you are saying makes sense until here. Stocks and real estate in the first world aren't going to hell and we've actually had a pretty swift and sustained recovery in the equities market pic related and real estate markets in most populated areas (cities ect). Even the down month we just experienced doesn't indicate the market is going to hell. Anyway, why would the market going to hell matter? I'm asking because it's really making yourself sound like a silver/gold bug and those assholes are always wrong.
>>
Still trying to decide if developers are going to fuck over Bitcoin before the rewards halve or not
>>
>>1068101
their still up like 35%
>>
>>1068158
I'm still buying it anon...

..buying it to short.
>>
>>1070337
Your money becomes my money. Thanks bro.
>>
I like the concept of bitcoin - but the problem I have is knowing which crypto to invest in. Why invest in one and not another? Bitcoin its self seems like the community is imploding; There are new cryptos coming online constantly with new advances...
>>
>>1070615
Ethereum is the one m8
>>
File: TheUnstoppableBitcoinMachine.jpg (441KB, 1000x3825px) Image search: [Google]
TheUnstoppableBitcoinMachine.jpg
441KB, 1000x3825px
>>1070615
>Bitcoin its self seems like the community is imploding
This is exactly what altcoin bagholders want you to believe.
>>
>>1069945
>>1069953
... this is /biz/ but i'll try.
TC(ness) is not required for BTC and would very likely lead to unforeseen problems and instability (mostly related to the halting problem). Money isn't a computer.
They address halting by fee paying for interpreter cycles. When the fee runs out the contract is stopped.
But there are obviously interpreter escape dangers, which are harder to contain for a stateful, looping, low level (byte code like) language. Look at the history of java sandbox escapes. People say that was mostly due to call outs to complex native library have to look through the (large!) CVE database on JVM to figure out the stats. Also the pressure may have been lower. If you get real money under it all kinds of resources and unrevealed 0-days can leak out of the woodwork and create the new target for grey and black hats some of whom are world class at this stuff. Or even from national security network intrusion insiders with Snowden-level access or the people developing and selling grey market 0-day to the intelligence community etc. Those people are fallible humans too - they may succum to the financial motive, or the people who developed and sold them the 0-days may find a new monetization model, or second use for them (they cant "forget" them after sale).

There have also been VM escapes from full hw abstraction vms (i mean not just API sandbox light linux-in-linux virtuozzo but actual whole OS in the container).

And finally bitcoin scripting is functional, stateless and non-looping (non TC in fact also) for a reason. Bitcoin doesnt (and I think its intentional) have even extrospection. There are grey-goo outcomes if you are not careful with even something as constrained as an extrospection op code to existing language. There will be whole classes of not yet imagined grey goo opportunities lurking in a full TC language. You cant easily systematically defend against whole classes of such issues without intentional constrained language.
>>
>>1069849
And So It Beggins:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-31/bloomberg-op-ed-calls-end-cash
>>
>>1071591
Cool man, contribute to the ethereum git and tell them they got it all wrong.

Im sure they will give up straight away.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.