[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the process of buying a car and the dealer is offering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1347399977658.jpg (133KB, 688x917px) Image search: [Google]
1347399977658.jpg
133KB, 688x917px
I'm in the process of buying a car and the dealer is offering me financiation (loan).

They all tell me its a better idea than paying straight cash (that I should be investing my actual money somewhere).
I've also offered to put down like 50% of the value and then finance the rest but the guy at the dealership told me this is a bad idea and I'll end up paying more interest than if I just financed it all.
Are they trying to fuck me over?

>TL;DR: is it better to finance or to pay cash for a car under 10k?
>>
>>1066544
Pure cash is best. They either want to charge you stupid money or they think that you'll default halfway through and they can repo the car.

If its the later then the car wont be worth 10k
>>
Buy from a private seller instead. Paying cash is always better but dealers suck.

>a reminder that the Acura legend was the pinnacle of automotive value
>>
>>1066556
also they fuck with the cost to make it seem like a deal

like saying they can only get you the "factory rebate" if its financed (even if its true youll pay more with a loan and interest than a cash price a few thousand higher than with rebate)

or flat out lying about the cars price
>>
>>1066544
Yes they are.

Don't be fucking stupid. Pay cash or finance through a BANK.
>>
>>1066544

Yes, they're fucking you over.

Here's how B lots work...

1. dealership gets car in trade in, for (lets say).... $4000

2. They put the car on sale at the B lot for 8000

3. They will give you a loan, but you need to put 4000 down.

So.... before it leaves the lot, they've already got what they paid out of it. They give you a loan on bad terms. If you fail on the loan, they take the car back and sell it again.

If you can afford to pay cash, pay cash.
>>
>>1066544
In 2005 I paid cash for a new Mazda 6. Finance guy says, "That's crazy. You should finance and put that money into stock market." I say no. Pay cash for car. Dow Jones Industrial average was about 11,500.
In 2009 DJI dropped to 6500. That is what finance guy should have said. Wait until market drops 5,000 points before financing a car and putting money into stock market.
>>
>>1066840
And even then, Let's say you pay $5000 cash and finance $5000. There going to give some rape rate at 8-9%. So you have to make 8-9%+brokerage fees,etc.. with your invested money to break even, which, if like 90% of people, you won't. You just end up getting tag-teamed by your car dealer and your broker.

>>1066544 Play along with your dealer, so he shows is card about how low he will go fro final price with financing option. Then tell him you'll take the car at that price ,cash. Any pussyfooting from him, just walk out. You'll eventually get a dealer who'll take the sale.
>>
Read this before you go back to dealership.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/confessions-of-a-car-salesman.html

And don't be afraid to walk out. Once somebody leave a car dealership the odds of them seeing that person again are almost zero so they try really hard to keep you from leaving. And once you settle don't buy any extra rustproofing/back up alarm/security etching or any other bullshit they try and sell you.
>>
>>1066544
>financiation

The salesman's eyes must have lit up when you walked in the door, mate.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.