[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I own a small house in a desirable market (a nice part of Seattle)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: A.png (145KB, 470x289px) Image search: [Google]
A.png
145KB, 470x289px
I own a small house in a desirable market (a nice part of Seattle) and I want to move into a bigger house a little bit outside of the city. I feel like the market is in a huge bubble right now (bought the house six years ago for $350k, did no work to it, am confident it will sell for $575-600k now). I probably don't want to spend more than $800k on the new place. Do I sell my place now and rent a place for a bit to see if the bubble bursts, or is it retarded to try and time the market? My next place will hopefully be a place I'm in for 10+ years, so maybe I shouldn't worry too much if I buy at a high point?
>>
>>1065601
what buble lol
600k in Seattle? wtf areu living in
go to a fucking countryside for 200k

why would u fucking sell a house in the buble?
>>
>>1065608
Profit
>>
>>1065608
Bubble is the place to sell a house. That's when you get the most of it.
>>
What makes you think that your next house is in the 800k range?

Usually going from trendy expensive in town to bigger houses in the burbs it's cheaper, not more expensive
>>
Which neighborhood?
>>
Sell it.

Increased interest rates and slowing technology profits will make the bubble burst.

I would suggest to get out if possible. Also, put the extra money in the markets with focus on US stocks and developing nations (India, western africa), maybe 5% in gold.

You will be able to retire a lot sooner by getting out of this bubble. I would wager that firms will look to other nations, as the next China and look to industrialize, so India and Western Africa are prime targets. If you get lucky, you will become very wealthy, so I would avoid getting any bigger of a house than you need.
>>
>>1065651
Also, India is highly leveraged in commodities so wait for the prices to settle.

I expect to maybe open a large position in 1-2 years in Indian markets if conditions are ample.
>>
>>1065639
The suburbs I'm looking at (Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue) all have pretty large tech company presence, so their housing markets are pretty strong relative to Seattle. It is definitely possible though that I could find something that fits my needs for much less than $800k. That number is really just the most I'd feel comfortable spending.

>>1065645
Wallingford

>>1065651
If I'm planning to buy again after the bubble crash (which may or may not happen?), I don't know that I want to dump a bunch of cash into the markets.
>>
There are supposed to be over a million new people living in Seattle proper by 2040.

I would personally hold onto it. Especially if it is a desirable neighborhood close to downtown in a historic area.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.