[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i give 10k to my parents without aggroing the taxman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

how do i give 10k to my parents without aggroing the taxman? i live in australia, the money is currently in my savings account and i want it to end up in their mortgage offset account
>>
>>1065147
You give it to them. No gift tax in Australia.

You know, you could have googled that, the ATO spells it out.
>>
>>1065147
As long as it's under $15,000 you're good. More than that and you have to report it.
>>
>>1065152
could you link me to that specific page? ive gone over the ato site and its just talking about donations to charities and similar
>>
>>1065160
10k and over can be subject to review from AUSTRAC. I assuming he's talking about legitimately obtained income though, hence the tax question - if so, then there's no wucking furries.
>>
>>1065162
Bruh, you're looking for the wrong thing. You're looking for the ATO saying there's no gift tax, when you should be looking at it as the ATO ISN'T saying there is a tax on gifts. Same shit with death tax. They talk about tax exemptions on deceased estates but no specific tax when you die.

To the extent this makes you feel better, look at the Sydney Morning Herald's expert's view from last year - http://www.baka.com.au/money/ask-an-expert/gift-tax-20150317-1m1dja.html

You're welcome bruh
>>
>>1065177
http://www.baka.com.au/money/ask-an-expert/gift-tax-20150317-1m1dja.html Sorry bruh wrong link
>>
>>1065147

I think you can just say it's a "loan" they can "pay back" whenever they want (in reality, never)
>>
>>1065177
>>1065178
ok not sure why, but this board keeps changing baka to baka. Replace baka in the link with BAKA and you should be fine
>>
>>1065181
S-M-H not baka. Wtf is with the autocorrect
>>
>>1065180
Or he could just say its a gift and not actually ever worry about it because we don't have gift tax........
>>
>>1065182
it ok- baka
>>
>>1065147
>without aggroing the taxman
>he doesn't have someone to tank the taxman
lmao fucking cuck u probly don't even have a gud healer either
>>
>>1065183
The word filter fucked your day up.

It's to curb nig speak on the boards
>>
>>1065147
>pump 10 grand into gold bullion
>give it to your parents
>tell them to bury it in their backyard
>gubmint can't do shit
>>
>>1065147
in the US you can give a gift that's non-taxable only up to $14k
You're other option is to create a psuedo loan and then forgive the loan on their birthday or another day of importance
forgiveness of debt is non-taxable here, just make it seem like a gift

worst case scenario:
>DPS goes down
>healer is OOM
>tank is getting smothered
>>
Does this even happen?

My parents gave me $12k by just transferring it over. No questioning at all.
>>
>>1065182
Idk desu senpai
>>
>>1065160
Can you multiple times so you can give them over 15kv
>>
>>1066859
As far as I know in Australia, yes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.