[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 723-magnificent-7s-green.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
723-magnificent-7s-green.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
Hey all, I have 4000 disposable dollars after winning a scratch of lottery ticket. Rather than be a dumb ass and buy something stupid, i want to invest it. I'm 18 years old, and have pretty much no knowledge of how to invest. What would be the best things to invest my 4 grand in?
>>
Buy the dip
>>
That's not enough to "invest" in the sense you're thinking of.

Invest it in yourself. Put it towards a community college or something.
>>
>>1064649
Already have that paid for by my parents. Just want to make some money. Long term is fine, I'm young.
>>
>>1064658
trade on ebay or something then
>>
>>1064635
The best, safest return on investment over a long period of time is an index fund. Stick 200$ each month until 2000$ are in the fund. Save the rest in your regular-ass saving fund un case you lose your job and need beer money.
>>
File: 1345596912330.jpg (87KB, 562x482px) Image search: [Google]
1345596912330.jpg
87KB, 562x482px
>>1064676
this is a meme. don't fall for it

index funds are a meme security that have only done well in the unprecedented 2009-2015 bull market

we're in a bear market now. index funds are going to shit because they can't meme their way into money
>>
>>1064635

400 $10 scratch off tickets.

This is the ONLY correct answer.
>>
>>1064676
Why would you deposit in chunks? Thats only ever used as a way to get people to invest as they earn in a real job.
>>
buy stuff that will be worth more later on down the road
>>
>>1064635
Put it in a savings act
>>
File: robinhood.png (987KB, 1440x605px) Image search: [Google]
robinhood.png
987KB, 1440x605px
If I were you I'd put 3500 of it in savings and learn to invest with 500. If you make money then invest the rest if not then give it to vanguard or save it.
Don't do what I did and go straight robinhood/meme stocks and lose 50% learning how to play.
>>
>>1064692
Because OP might put his entire wad of money on the top of a market bubble and never regain his investment ever again. By putting in a set amount of money every month, it evens out the fluctuations of the market and he wins over the long run.

>>1064682
IF you dollar-cost-averaged through the Great Depression at the turn of the century and cashed them around 1940, you'd make a fuckton of money.

Index funds are the way to go.

This is basic, prole-level investing, idk how you're so ignorant of all this.
>>
forex

send me an email to [email protected]

and i will give you 8000 in 2 days
>>
>>1064635

You need to decide for yourself what to do with it. Since you're young, and since you're smart enough to figure out that investing these winnings is probably the best way to go, join the biz investment game on investopedia:

www.investopedia.com/simulator/

Competition: Biz Annual
Password: getthefuckoutnormie

Send me a message (I am MortonShreckly)

I will give you a run-down on various markets and what not. Literally over half a decade of watching and studying the economy and finance every day.

You can decide where to look and what to do with the information. Maybe you can get a head start on where I was at when I was 18.

Head's up: I'm not an RIA. So I'll get the ball rolling and answer any questions you might have. You will need to do the heavy lifting though.
>>
>>1064886
Dont listen to this guy. He just wants your 4k
>>
>>1064894
I really don't. What the fuck would I do with 4k anyway?
>>
>>1064894
To further elaborate as to my motives: I'm just sick of the younger generation getting shit on perpetually by a bunch of authoritarian turd burglars who are out to line their own pockets.

It's rare that anyone who wins anything does anything remotely intelligent with their earnings. Most of those scratchcard and lottery winners blow it all on retarded hedonistic binges: blow and hookers, quadbikes, fulfilling the "see the world" meme.

I respect someone who has enough common sense to try and channel that sort of luck into opportunity.
>>
>>1064635
You don't become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don't make investments.

Invest in yourself. If mommy and daddy are paying for your college then find something else you aspire for that will make you a better person or help you get ahead in life.
>>
>>1064955
This is probably pretty good advice by the way OP.

Find a way to educate yourself with it. And I don't mean the College Grad meme. Do something that gets you hands on experience, or teaches you real life skills. A degree without supplementing with experience these days might as well just be a ticket sit in a queue in an an interview.
>>
4k in bombardier. Double your money in 1 year.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.