[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to act retarded or cater to retards if you want the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: belgian_health.jpg (45KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
belgian_health.jpg
45KB, 634x423px
Do you have to act retarded or cater to retards if you want the youtube monez? Obviously if you are a female you just have to position the camera on your racks, but can you get a healthy amount of subscribers with something professional?
>>
>>1064459

"YouTube money" is a misnomer.

Google is just using content creators to generate ad revenue while tossing them table scraps on occasion.

YouTube is nothing more than an informal advertizing agency staffed by volunteers who get spare change for their trouble.

Whether they know it or not, channel operators are Google employees who are working for free or next to nothing.
>>
File: image.png (122KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122KB, 640x1136px
>>1064466
http://moneynation.com/pewdiepie-net-worth/
>>
>>1064475

He gets the most spare change because he pushes the most ads.

That makes him the top employee in Google's YouTube division.

Nevertheless, he is still a volunteer who works at the behest of marketers.
>>
>>1064466
Everyone knows this already. Sorry, you aren't as clever as you thought.

OP, if your only aim for making money is placed on YT ads, then it's not worth it. If you're using it as part of a traffic strategy to sell your own products, or affiliate products, then it doesn't take too many subs to make a steady income. 10-20k subs to make 3-8k/mo depending on how good you are at balancing marketing, and content, and marketing while not coming off like a sellout.
>>
>>1064475
And let's see how much PewDiePie has made for YouTube(google) and other advertisers.

Willing to bet it's far more.

This is like saying a Salesman is "earning SOOO much" selling a company's products. Yeah he's earning a ton for the company, and then he gets some for himself to be happy with.
>>
>>1064466
I'm fully aware that Google is an ad company, thank you.
That is the same when you work for any serious company, employees get buttons compared to execs, nothing new. However those scraps can add up, especially when your home currency is weak compared to the dollar.

Can you create content that business would buy? Or you would have to distribute it at a more professional platform?
>>
>>1064479
>>1064486
Dude's a millionaire. Are you a millionaire? No? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
File: u fukkin bootie boi.jpg (8KB, 144x184px) Image search: [Google]
u fukkin bootie boi.jpg
8KB, 144x184px
>>1064481

>i think like you so you are stupid
>>
>>1064494
>Dude's a millionaire. Are you a millionaire? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Literally pewdiepie target audience detected.

>Lol he's a millionaire so ur dumb and don't know anything
>>
File: nuttsakk in ur mouf.jpg (31KB, 287x317px) Image search: [Google]
nuttsakk in ur mouf.jpg
31KB, 287x317px
>>1064494

>only millionaires can post in this thread

In that case, it's off to bed with you, kid.
>>
>>1064486
lol, might as well do nothing, right?!

Have you ever used Adwords to buy clicks? Most of the money (well over 50%) goes to the content producer per click. I know, because you can literally see what each click is going to cost, and what each click would net in Adsense earnings.

Adsense/words wouldn't exist without content, but Adsense also wouldn't exist without Google. Do you think these content producers on YT would have time to contract with and manage multiple deals with ad agencies? Do you really not see any benefit?
>>
>>1064481
>OP, if your only aim for making money is placed on YT ads, then it's not worth it.

It is. Like some educational videos, explaining and solving maths up to undergrad, or coding tutorials or something (engineer here). 1k/mo here is like triple the minimum wage. When working a regular job was making 2500 gross / 1500 net
>>
>>1064506
in your opinion which is better, building a youtube channel or writing a blog if you solely go for the ads money?
>>
>>1064506
There is obviously a benefit. No one is saying there isn't.

What WE ARE saying is that the real winner in this all is YouTube(Google).

People are generally paid a rather small fraction of how much revenue they bring in for the company, Walmart employees for example are paid minimum wage or very close to it and yet earn more than several times that much to the company.

So if PewDewCuck is getting $x million paychecks from YouTube he's likely(no, rather guarenteed) to be earning them $(x*5) million per year.
>>
>>1064497
>>1064499
I'm not the one who's arguing you can't make money on YouTube after someone posted proof of someone who's made millions on YouTube. So yes, that does make you retarded.
>>
>>1064512
Do both.

Blog = security + more freedom, YT = traffic + makes you look more human and likable.

Either way, definitely don't limit yourself to ads. No one likes ads, and YT is one of the last exceptable places for ads, but adblock still rapes YT earnings.
>>
>>1064515
>So if PewDewCuck is getting $x million paychecks from YouTube he's likely(no, rather guarenteed) to be earning them $(x*5) million per year.

Except they don't. They're competetive against Bing and a hundred other search engines for content producers, and pay more than 50% per click. They earn their fortune through volume, not through screwing people.

It's just like infoproducts offering 75% per sale (industry standard) to affiliates. Affiliates to the hard work, get most of the earnings, but wouldn't have anything to sell without the product creator.
>>
>>1064517
>I'm not the one who's arguing you can't make money on YouTube after someone posted proof of someone who's made millions on YouTube. So yes, that does make you retarded.

Who said you can't make money on YouTube?

No one said this, that I saw at least.

You're misunderstanding the argument.
>>
Yeah you probably have to be dumb.

I have a very specialized degree with no YouTube homework helpers out there I could probably drag up some old assignments and make videos about how to do it and get several thousand loyal subscribers but you need like a fucking million for YouTube money so it's all about being universally appealing.
>>
>>1064529

>>1064466
>Whether they know it or not, channel operators are Google employees who are working for free or next to nothing.

Of course channel operators are Google employees, and of course Google is profiting off of them, or their job would not exist in the first place. That's how business works. But if you have a highly viewed channel pulling millions of dollars, you are hardly making "scraps".
>>
>>1064525
you're not grasping the concept of what he saying. Basically Pewdiepie is an employee, and Google is the employer. Google pays their employees based off of how much revenue they generate, or how much they value Pewdiepie. Pewdiepie won't ever get paid the actual amount of money that he generates, or else google wouldn't gain anything by employing him. In the end, the employer has the upper hand, which is why most people ITT are saying that he's a glorified salesman
>>
>>1064535
He was referring to most YouTube channels.

Yes out of a few million people who make youtube videos and make jackshit a couple of them are millionaires... Ok big deal.

There's still a whole ton of channels that make well under <$1k and still make YouTube its money, that is what he was referring to as "working for free/scraps".

Good luck getting even 1/1000th of MemePie's subscribers.
>>
>>1064539
Good luck becoming a millionaire any other way too. It's not easy to make millions. YouTube is just one of the ways it's hard to make a million dollars. It can still be done.
>>
>>1064538
Basically.

I'm not even saying YouTube is a bad job or anything. I'm just looking at it in a different way.

I used to also think "Wow this fucking swedish retard yells into a camera and plays videogames and earns millions. Wow this is crazy!", then I thought about how much he must earn in order to justify such a salary and I realized it's not quite so much.

$8 million/yr seems like a whole lot, but when you realize they're making the company $80 million/yr it's suddenly not so much.

It's the same as any salesman really. When a salesman makes 6 figures selling knives door to door I don't say "Wow incredible!" I say, wow that company sure lucked out getting such a nice employee to make them probably a million or close to it that year. - This is why companies love such salesmen. Sales is the ultimate profession to get cucked, while being AMAZING for the company.

They basically have no overhead or risk hiring a salesman when you're paid commission(as YouTube stars are). He's earning them free money then they give you 10% of it or whatever and say "Enjoy chump." And if you don't perform? No problemo! No pay for you therefore they lose nothing while having maximum potential gain.
>>
>>1064548
>Good luck becoming a millionaire any other way too. It's not easy to make millions. YouTube is just one of the ways it's hard to make a million dollars. It can still be done.

Sure but most other careers have something to fall back on than YouTube.

YouTube it's - Either you're making $500 a month from your shitty ads on videos and shilling some gay products. Or you're making millions(which a small handful do)

Even for most other businesses it's more like the limit is $50,000 - millions per year with enough work put in.
>>
>>1064512
What are the best blog websites for this?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1000KB, 450x234px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1000KB, 450x234px
>>1064466

True, but to be fair YouTube is doing 90% of the work. All you have to do is click upload and you have a video up.

It's a fucking lot to keep all that up and running, and they own the business.

>>1064475
gif related
>>
File: mfw.webm (511KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.webm
511KB, 720x404px
>in 10 years we will have half a generation of desperate people who literally believed they were going to make a career out of youtube or esports and have nothing to show for it

Is there a way to hold a short position on this demographic?
>>
>>1064687
>or esports
but these are becoming more popular
>>
>>1064687
League of Legends alone netted $1.61 billion for Riot, and that was just to buy different looking character models that do the same thing.
>>
>>1064960
Forgot to mention, that's $1.61 billion in 2015 only.

Even the table scraps off watching and discussing this shit could employ thousands. The funny part is millions are going for the job.

What a time to be alive. It's 1970 but literally double the people and no decent wars.
>>
>>1064687
>>1064960
Lmao """"esports""""".

I can't believe people actually aspire to do that as a career. Pretty sure almost all of them making <$100k/yr and it's a very short-term gig that runs its course quickly.

If your performance goes to shit or you synergize poorly with your team? - Sorry no job anymore

Eyesight/reaction speed/hands get fucked up? - No job senpai

And how will you start looking for a job when you're like 25+ with only 10 years of LoL experience behind you?

>i have no marketable skills to offer you b-b-but I played for a pro LoL team!
>>
>>1064661
goatse is pretty good i heard
>>
>>1064963
It's plausible the industry might overtake conventional sports if the younger generation gets NEET enough.

Seriously, it could have growth potential over a few decades as all the NEETs mature.

I don't get either industry if I'm honest. All bread and circuses, but never underestimate demographic stupidity.
>>
>>1064971
>It's plausible the industry might overtake conventional sports if the younger generation gets NEET enough.

Highly doubtful.

Videogaymes have simply too much competition. It'd be much easier, and more reliable to become a professional soccer or basketball player than become a professional LoL player.

There's millions of NEETs all pouring in up to half a hundred to a hundred hours a week into these videogaymes. It's very hard to compete with that dedication.
>>
>>1064979
>Videogaymes have simply too much competition. It'd be much easier, and more reliable to become a professional soccer or basketball player than become a professional LoL player.

Sure, there's the argument that vidya is constantly adapting (new games come along etc.) whereas Football (soccer), baseball, NFL etc. doesn't adapt.

Even so, I think you might be shocked with general viewership trends as the NEETs mature and become productive members of society.

The trick would be to find a way to scale a classic game up for increasing graphics, and new market trends, without changing the core functionality of the game.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.