[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Advice You'll get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: trump 6.png (613KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
trump 6.png
613KB, 570x489px
There are many people here who want advice on making money and becoming rich.

I will give you advice, and it is very good advice.

Get off /biz/. Never visit 4chan again. Never, ever visit this website or this board another time. Shut down now and go away. It takes discipline but it is worth it. It is the best advice on getting rich you will ever get from here and deep down you know it to be true.
>>
>>1064256
How will this help?
>>
>>1064256

People who get off 4chan just end up going Reddit to fill the void.

The only real solution for this is to turn off your internet, but then you don't have email or online banking.
>>
This board has brought me to the attention of a few stocks worth keeping an eye on. Only a couple out of a hundred, but still.
>>
>>1064272
we're all addicted to the internet. We use it as a crutch to fill a void, we tell ourselves, but this is a bullshit excuse. Everyone has a void to fill, we are simply addicts.

And we can't quit, ever. Because the only lifeblood of the world, information, flows through the internet. We don't know how to live without a constant stream of new and useless information.

We tell ourselves, "let go". We tell ourselves, "fall apart, life is meaningless anyway. You have to change".

We can not, will not, until the internet has sucked dry the last minute of our lives, until we are forced to pull the trigger.

We are fucking addicts.
>>
>>1064256
Ive been tryign this for fucking months now man.

I keep wasting time here despite promising myself I never will again. I don't know... There's just something about 4chan that's very fun and engaging.

I know there's way better forums but this one just somehow has something about it...

Plus I tend to jsut waste time doing other bs like watching stupid youtube videos or something.
>>
>>1064305

I think the main appeal of 4chan, outside of dank memes, is that the average anon is smarter (even if NEET) and less politically correct than the average person on the street.
>>
>>1064305
> way better forums
Such as? I haven't really found any.
>>
>>1064321
>4chan
>intelligent
Kekkkk
>>
>>1064321
Not intelligent, but it's just the way we discuss things on 4chan. The memes and manner of talking is just hilarious.

>Is x a meme?
>Le cuck meme

Image of fedora man
>"quote I am ridiculing"

It's down right retarded but it's just so amusing and engaging... It really is for the best to just quit altogether though. 4chan is like videogames p much and I've quit those yet this I cannot quit.
>>
I'm on the Forbes top 500 billionaires list and shitpost here daily
>>
>>1064362
mhm yeah
>>
>>1064290

>We don't know how to live without a constant stream of new and useless information.

You hit the nail on the head.

I was unplugged for two months, and it was pleasant but incredibly boring.

I had gotten used to indirectly interfacing with people from all over the world and absorbing streams of information from hundreds of different sources.

The internet is entertaining, educational, social, and spectacular all at once.

When you use it, you can be connected to everything and everyone without leaving the comfort of your own home.

Other communication mediums can't come close to the raw amount of information received via the average internet session, and that stimulation becomes incredibly comforting over time.
>>
https://youtu.be/BvDuisRvbGo

replace /r9k/ with 4chan in general
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>1064256

Compound your money.
>>
>>1064394
Meh, it's better than TV for now but if the powers that be have their way it might be relegated to just a fancy way to pay your bills.
>>
>>1064256
Or just limit your time. 30 minutes a day is alright.
>>
>>1064446
I tried this but it failed.

Anyway install LeechBlock firefox add-on, senpaitachi.
>>
>>1064561
ur fucking kidding me right?

>download leechblock to increase productivity
>designated time when you are supposed to be productive begins and you cannot visit your favorite websites
>last 15 minutes
>delete leechblock

just fucking walk away from the monitor or just don't go on the website you moron
>>
>>1064567
Huh?

You can block it on specific days or at certain times. Yeah obviously you can walk away from the computer or not visit it but it makes it a little easier to remind yourself when you're so used to just popping open /biz/ catalog or whatever when you get on your computer.

It's just psychologically different. Yeah you can "just not smoke" but if you go the extra step to lock up your cigarettes and the nearest store is an hour away then that's a good way to make it easier not to smoke.
>>
>>1064256
>>1064290
>>1064394
Yep.

I've been here almost ten years, since I graduated high school. I am not sure where to start or what to say, but this much I will say. 4chan has not personally increased my productivity, industry, character, or person. This post should just stop right there. I should not even finish the post. I should just close the browser and move on.

I don't think this is a place for self-improvement. Save for perhaps /diy/. Otherwise, boards that get high billing don't deserve the credit they get. /ck/ has devolved (if it did it at all...it may have always been)) into pure shitposting. I think of it as /sp/ or /tv/ with food, which are in essence shitposting with sports and shitposting with television & film. People can say what they want about learning how to cook. I can honestly say I would never use 4chan to learn how to cook unless I wanted something disgusting like semen cakes or menstrual cookies. /adv/, once an earnest board, has devolved into Totse's Love and Relationships board. Whatever the case, I wouldn't trust my education to 4chan, unless it were in shitposting, memes, internet culture, or shit like that.

For myself, I can personally say that I used 4chan to insulate myself in the most negative way conceivable. That I became more misanthropic, cynical, and jaded as a result is no surprise. I don't think I would use reddit to replace the void honestly. I think unfortunately the solution just means spending less time on the computer and the internet altogether, which I say is too bad because think of all the shit one does on his/her computer.

But, at least I don't have a facebook or a twitter which have social capital. If I were to leave 4chan tonight, I wouldn't really sever any ties or lose anything. No one would know except the agencies that monitor this website more than likely.

You get that for which you pay.
>>
I wouldn't know anything about politics or news without this site
>>
I've been on 4chan for close a decade now

Honestly it's my only outlet for what I feel is genuine social interaction

Anonymous shitposting really is the purest form of communication

Plus I really enjoy the social commentary goes on around here

There is great content to be found here. You just have to wade through an ocean of shitposts to find it.
>>
>>1064332
>>1064321
>implying he implied any of us autists are intelligent
Just that most people are complete fucking morons.
inb4 I get *tipped* out of existence
>>
>>1064256
I can't because you faggots are the only people I communicate with.
>>
Used to be out of every 10 (or 100, or 1000) shitposts you'd get one genuine answer, and it's well worth it to wade through the shit. Now, though...
>>
>>1064446
I've tried this and succeeded. I spent most of day running, gaming, and studying. Literally 4chan taught me where to look for books on the web.
>>
>>1064708

/fit/ helped me make some serious gains
>>
>>1065269
most of the benefit from /fit/ and /lit/ is from reading the sticky. The rest is homoerotic memes and people that hate books.
>>
>>1064708
/fit/, /out/ and /diy/ are ones worth browsing, sometimes /biz/ as well, so it's not like this is a black hole of bullshit, you just have to be able to filter it out
>>
>>1065293
/fit/ has also helped me, and Im not even talking about the sticky. Mirin threads, humor threads and stupid memes are actually great motivation for lifting. I think good thing about 4chan is that it mocks everything which allows you to look at your life less seriously... Doesnt matter whether you re a fedora, beta, chad or autist, here you may learn how your behaviour is perceived by others. I used to be 100% beta white-knight and after few months of browsing /fit/ I realised how ridicuolous my behaviour used to be. It didnt turn me into some edge master, because they are laughed at too, I think I just became more assertive person.
>>
>>1065161

This.
I now treat everything i watch and read as I would a 4chan thread. Skim the 99% of absolute horseshit and bile for that 1% of gold you can't find anywhere else.
>>
>>1064279

This board turned me on to the program autohotkey which allowed me to automate my job.
>>
>>1065334
which job can you automate with autohotkey scripts?

not ironic just curious
>>
>>1064716
>I wouldn't know anything about politics or news without this site

You must have a pretty autistic worldview then desu.
>>
>>1064256

> don't partake in any fun time wasters, just work all the time

Nah.
>>
>>1064708

well said.

Although I have gotten some killer advice from /adv/ that helped me in life.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.