[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do markets close?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (372KB, 588x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
372KB, 588x578px
Serious question : why do the American markets close?

Informational latency is as mitigated as it will ever be, the infastructure to run 24 hour markets is in place, and America is big enough for liquidity to never get too thin.

Hard mode? Don't say:
>"Traders want to go home"
>"big money wants to trade Tokyo/London/W/e"

Redpill me on 9:30-16:00 /biz/antines
>>
https://www.quora.com/Why-isnt-the-trading-day-for-stocks-24-hours
>>
>>1063538
Because they are stuck in the past. Next question.
>>
>>1063538
You should purchase Ethereum!

Also they close because fuck you!

Brought to you by OkCupid and Tostidos Party Pizza Rolls.
>>
liquidity, market makers, etc.
>>
So insiders can buy in before it goes up 30% or whatever the following day.
>>
Yet another reason crypto is the future
>>
>>1063588
Predominantly this.
>>
>>1063538
Because people need to sleep and eat.
>>
>>1063538
Because dumb people wouldnt sleep
>>
>>1063538
play forex if you need to be so hype all the time
>>
File: phafuckingrrell.png (1MB, 744x988px) Image search: [Google]
phafuckingrrell.png
1MB, 744x988px
I've been asking that same fucking question. The fact that markets and banks have the audacity to close is one of the biggest shams of the modern era, and it EASILY leads to speculation like this >>1063588

And while I won't go that far, I do want to ask: who the FUCK do these firms think they're fooling? No other industry on earth sleeps, but the financial industry decides it simply must? Fuck off.
>>
>>1064846
Cryptocurrency markets never sleep. Thats why it's better
>>
>>1064854
Get back to me when I can pay my bills with memes
>>
>>1064846
>DA BANKS
yea sure kid. you can just make a pre-market bet like everyone else. people speculated before, during, and after hours and can cause big swings. can't handle it? don't bet your allowance on day-trading then

and industries like the factories making your dildos DO sleep.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.