[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag here. How do I find out about investment funds or professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Newfag here. How do I find out about investment funds or professional services that specialize in "green" or "social responsible" wealth generation?

Basically steering clear of BIG OIL, BIG PHARMA, BIG AGRA, and any other type of industries or companies who'se products make people sick and make the land and water less livable for all species. Typical examples: Walmart, Monsanto, MCDonalds, Pepsi, Pfizer, Tyson, Koch.

I don't want to support fracking, GMOs, polluting rivers in 3rd world countries, and whatever else corporations do to make fast growth at the Earth and humanity's expense. Is there a way to make/grow money investing without having my money in such evils, or even to help make the world a better place?
>>
Fracking is dead anyway
>>
>>1063134
thank you OP, just... thank you.
>>
>>1063134
Is this b8?
>>
>>1063134
>>1063140
>>1063145
>>1063162
JIDF detected
MODS!
>>
>>1063145
>>1063162
>>1063163
No, just a totally clueless newfag. I only took a basic intro to business and econ class in community college and have no idea how any of this investing stuff works in real life.
>>
>>1063179
only a jewish shill would say that
>>
>>1063134
interesting question op, I don't know any, you could possibly look into microfinance?
>>
File: V7s4X.jpg (44KB, 735x553px) Image search: [Google]
V7s4X.jpg
44KB, 735x553px
Please don't buy any stock in BAD a company.
Maybe then they will go out a business! Or maybe I'll buy in and make money while you are the better man.
I don't mind a successful company making me money with "bad" products and services.
Supply and demand, bitch.
>>
>>1063179

I know it sounds cutthroat, but if you choose to be purely ethical you are narrowing your investment options from the outset.

I'm skeptical, I mean, maybe it's doable, but I don't think so. Only if the general market trend is in your favor (which it might be at some point.) But that's not going to work perpetually unless you're lucky.
>>
>>1063179
Bait taken.

The phrases "green" and "socially responsible" as it pertains to companies are buzz words and PR generally speaking.

Once you leave college you'll find out there's a reason the world is the way it is and sadly, not a whole lot you can do about it.

Publicly traded companies have a responsibility to create value for shareholders. Plain and simple. Being ethical, "green" or "socially responsible" take a back seat to creating value and generating profits. The only time you'll hear it is if they believe by saying it they can create value.

You're going to be hard pressed to find publicly traded companies that both talk the talk and walk the walk for lack of better words. That said, if you're truly committed to a cause start your own company built on those principals.
>>
I read this article a while back that might at least give you a little bit more info. But like it explains during it, you can still lose money whether you invest ethically or not. And like others here mention, you'll probably narrow your investments and not do as potentially well as you could do.

But ethical investment is definitely possible.

https://wealth.barclays.com/en_gb/smartinvestor/trends/has-the-time-come-for-ethical-funds.html
>>
>>1063134
Have you tried google?

Socially responsible funds will advertise that fact. And once you find one you can probably look into what they are actually investing in, they might not disclose that though, it depends on the rules in your area.

But if you are looking for funds that avoid companies like Pepsi and Mcdonalds you are probably going to have to become a direct investor. No decent sized managed fund is going to avoid blue chips like those.
>>
DISCLAIMER: Do more research, I don't know how well this fund actually performs but seems to be what you're looking for. I use their checking account for no fees / free atms, but none of their investment products.

https://funds.aspiration.com/redwood/
>>
File: 1453402961319.jpg (26KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453402961319.jpg
26KB, 322x400px
physicist here (aka an actual scientist).

If you're against proper, responsible applications of GMOs then you're a fucking retard and clearly have no idea what you're talking about, you're just parroting the politically correct media memery without actually knowing a fucking thing about GMOs. Did you know that a billion people would starve to death if it weren't for GMOs? Did you know that research on GMOs is ESSENTIAL for humanity's future progress, both for thriving on earth but also when the time comes, for thriving on space stations or other worlds? What if global warming gets to the point where we experience significant crop failures around the world? You think nature's gonna help us? No, you need to genetically modify the crops such that they can survive.

Don't you fucking dare impede the progress of science and screw everyone else over with your sheer ignorance.

Take your false self-righteousness and shove it up your ass you fucking moron
>>
>>1063316
monsanto shill confirmed.

Stop dicking around on 4chan and do your job. My shares in your company are down fucking 24% since I bought.
>>
>>1063134
Also OP, stop being such a faggot.

Buy up a bunch of stock in the most evil, unethical company you can think of and just sit on it for a year. Don't take it upon yourself to actually do business with them, just sit on the stock as a non-decision-making part-owner of the company and see how you feel after a year.

Don't let your windbag professors control how you feel about yourself about the world. Embrace the dirt and grime of the world and see how you truly feel about it in your soul. Take a deep breath, taste the carbon emissions, and live the life that calls for you.
>>
>>1063431
I don't work in biotech personally but that's not required to simply read and understand the science behind GMOs

too bad most people are scientifically illiterate
>>
>>1063316
finish undergrad first before calling yourself a physicist, faggot
>>
>>1063475
Graduated in 2014 with a PhD in plasma physics, m'homo
>>
ALTRIA
>>
>>1063547
I bet that'll come in handy when you run out of toilet paper
>>
File: 1419792651332.jpg (59KB, 450x743px) Image search: [Google]
1419792651332.jpg
59KB, 450x743px
So you don't want to make money?

Wrong board then.
>>
File: 1402843665117.png (72KB, 571x411px) Image search: [Google]
1402843665117.png
72KB, 571x411px
>>1063316

>Did you know that a billion people would starve to death if it weren't for GMOs?

Yes, and all the dead would be Niggers, Pooloos, and chinks.

Fuck I hate GMO's.

You nigger loving faggets.
>>
>>1063732
not the millions of Americans that use them as well?

If you don't want to invest in GMO, then find a good stock for a corporation that relies only on organic food. Oh wait... all of those stocks suck.
>>
File: 000000.jpg (151KB, 706x677px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
151KB, 706x677px
>>1063761

>Being an irl nigger lover
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.