[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>taxation is theft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1319700850505.jpg (8KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1319700850505.jpg
8KB, 251x242px
>taxation is theft
>>
>>1062938
Well it would be, but the reality is that it doesn't exist as property is an imaginary concept. What belongs to you ceases to be such the second someone contests that notion and/or succeeds in taking it.
>>
>>1062959
>>1062959

Let me take all your food for a week and lets see how you feel about that concept of value and property
>>
>>1062959
>succeeds in taking it
You just described, among many other things, theft. How high are you?
>>
>>1062959
>it's not theft because it's theft
That's not the right answer, anon
>>
>>1062968
I'd kill you if you tried, hence barring both your attempt at contest and any chance of you succeeding, fully legally of course. Unless of course you were a powerful enough individual to get the government to do it for you.
>>
>>1062938
Taxation without representation is theft
>>
>>1062978
> individual to get the government to do it for you.

so you mean taxes
>>
>>1062978
>legally
>property is an imaginary concept
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>1062980

Yes because 51% votes from your peers makes it ok to take your property
>>
>>1062982
Yes. The government is a very powerful entity that I'd have no hope of opposing after all.

Taxation isn't theft so much as it's an extension of conquest.
>>
>>1062988
The social contract is implicit. You agree to live by the country's laws which include taxation, and if you don't like it you can leave.

You might as well be saying it's theft to have to repay a mortgage.
>>
>>1063018
I didnt agree to anything by being born in a country and I should be able to live on my property without being stolen from.
>>
>>1063030
>I didnt agree to anything by being born in a country
We had to choose between killing you for trespassing or forcing you into the contract. I hope you'll thank us for being merciful. If you want to blame anyone for your situation you should really blame your parents for letting to be born and raised in such a wretched society. They could have built an igloo on the North Pole or something instead.
>>
>>1063036
I don't see the mexicans being killed for trespassing.
>>
>>1063036
>choose between killing you for trespassing or forcing you into the contract
Just because that's how it is doesn't mean that it's right and you are never forced to accept the concept, saying that you were forced to accept it implies that you had a choice to begin with which isn't true from the moment you're born it's imposed on you without your consent.
>>
>>1062988
That's democracy. A government is the relationship between its people. Democracy maximises the benefit of the relationship for the most people. Would you rather have a monarchy or a plutocracy?
>>
Essentially.....yeah it is.
>>
>>1063018
> implicit
> if you dont like it leave

Weakest arguments ITT.
>>
>>1063184
>>1063186
Go away jewish shills
>>
>>1063191
How is that stance jewish? If anything its the furthest stance from being a jew....newfag. Also no thank you.
>>
>>1063157
I didn't know your relationship to your mother was governmental. Are you putting her 20 trillion in debt too?
>>
>>1063157
>monarchist

Idk man Hoppe brings up some real good points
>>
>>1063157
A representative republic would be nice
>>
>>1063157
>he think America is a democracy
Never vote
>>
>I am going to put you in jail if you do not give me a hefty portion of your things, you have no choice in this matter.
>Not theft

Pick one please.
>>
>>1063157
>That's democracy. A government is the relationship between its people. Democracy maximises the benefit of the relationship for the most people. Would you rather have a monarchy or a plutocracy?

Democracy has been historically proven to be the least effective system out there.

The vast majority of people are idiots, therefore having them dictate what the country should or should not look like is irresponsible.

Some examples -
>Vast majority of people do not have a reasonable retirement plan
>Vast majority of people make min wage making coffees, burgers or sandwiches
>Vast majority ARE OVERWEIGHT(60% overweight in the US, about half are clinically obese)
>Vast majority don't understand basic politics or economics, they vote and make decisions based on arbitrary reasons

etc etc etc.
>>
Land value tax isn't theft in any sense.

"Owning" land is essentially a right of exclusive economic rent granted by the state. Likewise, all economic value of land is created either by nature (not you) or by the community (not you).
>>
>>1062938
It is our duty as US citizens to pay as little in tax as possible, and to, if we can get away with it, rip off the government on our tax returns and filings. The government is nothing but a corrupt machine and anyone willingly paying into it is clearly retarded and not a good business man nor a good America.
>>
>>1063030
>I didnt agree to anything by being born in a country
But you did by continuing to live in it.
>>
>>1062982
Basically "Might Makes Right" - the post.

All power and authority ultimately derives from violence.

If you can't defend it, you don't really have it.
>>
>>1063797
The state isn't a moral agent that can claim to own land, that's what makes its rule somewhat illegitimate. An entity cant argue an ownership claim only individuals can.

> community
> nature

Get out of it son, value is subjective among individuals which the community is made of. An abstract "community" can't give land value but rather individuals agree on value when they interact with eachother voluntarily.
>>
File: 1442457610998.gif (286KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442457610998.gif
286KB, 500x281px
>>1062959
>property is just a concept, it stops existing once it stops existing.
>>
>>1064219

Many individuals create a government. The government employs representatives that can claim ownership. If you don't think that's true, then try to argue your case against the tax man. You won't win.

>An abstract "community" can't give land value but rather individuals agree on value when they interact with eachother voluntarily.

What do individuals say when they express the idea that a piece of land is highly valuable?

Perhaps some of these things:

"There's a lot of oil in this land."

"Damn good soil!"

"Beach front property"

"It's close to the inner-city where I work."

"It's in a safe area."

"This lot is next to a high volume roadway. More eyes, more customers."

All land values come from either the natural resources to be found on the property, or by the surrounding community.

That's why land is $millions per acre in the inner-city, and close to worthless in the middle of a resource-barren desert.
>>
>>1063997
As somebody who prepped taxes for profit, this is absolutely true. There are so many adjustments, deductions, exemptions and credits that if you just fill out a 1040-EZ, you're probably giving up a lot of money that is rightfully yours. After all, the higher courts encourage active tax avoidance. In a lot of ways (such as with the retirement saver's credit), they use our desire to avoid taxes to get us to do something we might not otherwise do.

For all you hating on paying taxes alltogether, imagine what SF would be like without the Golden Gate Bridge. Or what our national parks would look like without proper funding (such as how that one Grand Canyon lookout 10 miles outside of Flagstaff would look if the trash from tens of thousands of daily visitors wasn't regularly cleaned). Or, hell, it's nice to know that somebody will be available to respond if I break my arm or my mom gets her purse stolen by a tweaker. Or national disasters. Or the legal system that needs to be funded to protect our businesses and intellectual property so that we can even have a society. Or how even the grocery store clerks and MickyD's employees are by in large high school educated (or equivelent).

When it comes down to it, our social contract may not be perfect but it's a lot better than what the other guy suggested about living in igloos in Alaska.
>>
File: 4fff9.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
4fff9.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>1064257
>implying all those things couldnt be done by a private company at a fraction of the cost
>>
>>1064337
Yeah, you ought to look into what "government" services are performed by special friend companies at a grossly inflated cost before opening your mouth again.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.