[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Presidentials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1410591317382.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1410591317382.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
Hi /biz/, for those of you that know economics deeply, which candidate do you think would be the best to help America face the crisis we're about to have this year?
>>
OP here, I know this should ask this to /pol/, but those guys really scare me
>>
>>1061951
Sanders. His economic policy is reminiscent of FDR's, who ignited the strongest growth we've ever seen and made the US a superpower.

1v1 me m8 ill knock ur gob I swear on me mum.
>>
Ronald Reagan
>>
>not wanting to make the economy great again
>>
>>1061968
But he fails to see why college loans are at an higher interest rate than house or car loans
>>
>>1062010
And why is that?
>>
>>1061968
furthermore, I don't think Sander's ideas about minimum wage will help America
>>
>>1062019
Why? A flow of cash into middle and lower class people will make them buy, which will drive up GDP.
>>
>>1062029
If minimum wage increases, goods and services will increase nearly just as high, making the whole increase in minimum wage pointless. Since the goal of minimum wage is to make a living, and you need goods for a living.
>>
>>1062019
It will make people expensive to hire and create neets.
Not everybody would look for a job when given short money for not doing anything; I wouldn't.
>>
Trump, he's the only one with policies to actually curb inflation and tax increase, in addition to this his policies on immigration will mean more jobs for citizens with no qualifications increasing buying power for the lower class, which in turn will allow for GDP growth.
>>
>>1061968
Its not the fucking 30s. Also, blaming the economy entirely on the president is retarded
>>
>>1062029

>middle class
>minimum wage

Lel also it would increase unemployment and inflation
>>
>>1062141
^This

Left or Right has far less impact on the economy that the price of energy. Oil being so low is great for the economy
>>
>>1062135
>curb inflation

nigga we need MORE inflation what are you talking about?
>>
>>1062171
>thinking that the best way to save an economy is to decrease public spending
>>
>>1062018
There's no collateral, you're not going to be able to take somebody's degree back because they didn't repay loans

Atleast you can foreclose a house or repo a car. Students are also low income, so there's a much higher risk involved
>>
>>1062320
Why not? If someone doesn't pay then why couldn't the university strike them from their records? Obviously the law would need to change but can you imagine walking into a job interview and saying that you have shit personal finances?
>>
File: really14.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
really14.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>1061968
>people believe this

JUST.
>>
>>1062333
The University doesn't give the loan, m8. That would be absolutely fucking hilarious, though.
>>
>>1061968
>FDR responsible for post WWII growth
obviously it was the policies set in place to address the great depression, not the fact that the productive capacity of all other powerful nations were decimated during WWII and our nation sold what was used to rebuild the world
>>
/pol/ here. Know very little about economics, so I'll go ahead and ask.

What do you think of Rand Paul in terms of economy?
>>
>>1062353

And it most certainly cannot be a combination of those factors... -_-
>>
File: 1362526261198.jpg (52KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1362526261198.jpg
52KB, 251x251px
>>1062210
>thinking that we have reached the Fed's 2% target for inflation.

Our dollar needs to depreciate to control for net exports you silly goose. A .6% increase in inflation won't do much against consumer spending. This would also help countries struggling to pay off their US corporate debt which would decrease the chance for those countries to default and lead to a massive global crisis. Hence the reason the Fed's made its main goal to increase inflation through forward guidance.

Inflation isn't all bad and is necessary for a country's economy to remain stable. Right now, inflation has remained stagnant, allowing for net exports to be a serious headwind against our GDP.
>>
>>1062210
>public spending
>implying almost all that money doesnt just go into politicians buddies pockets and then kickback into their campaign coffers
>>
>>1062357
Hello Randlet. If you want me to give you an Economist's opinion on it, I can and will. I will need to research it though for it to be informed.

I don't think Rand really has a chance of getting to the primaries though..
>>
>>1062357
His main focus is to increase unemployment benefits which (surprise) would create incentive for people to quit their jobs and become unemployed.

It's a stupid idea and he doesn't know what he's doing. He's attempting to make the Republican party more liberal, just in the wrong ways.

Furthermore, he wants to limit the Fed's power, which is the dumbest thing one can do. It's essentially saying "I'd rather trust a panel of politicians to run the economy that base their decisions on reelection rather than trust a panel of economists to run the economy who don't get elected to their positions and do what's in the best interests of the economy."
>>
>>1062592
>His main focus is to increase unemployment benefits

Fucking what?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.