[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't being an entreproneur literally the only way to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: rasmus_borup_nielsen.png (131KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
rasmus_borup_nielsen.png
131KB, 350x233px
Isn't being an entreproneur literally the only way to get from Middle class to wealthy or rich?
>>
No. It's also a common misconception that it's always better than stocks.

Competition will always be fighting your balance sheet, and your amount of liability/work can make it basically a job, whereas hobby analytics on securities can be done on the side of a job.
>>
>>1061780
Superrich? Sure.

wealthy enough to not need to work? Nah. Money Moustache and Early Retirement Extreme both give pretty good advice on how to wageslave for a short time only.
>>
You can get to 1-5 millions doing it the slow way, maybe up to 10mm if you and your spouse are very well paid.
10mm+ is only available to you in a lifetime if you are an entrepreneur. It's all about that risk/reward.
>>
>>1061789
yeah honestly hobby analytics are really well suited for the average chan personality I've noticed. It's like we were made to be little number cruncher stock analyzing machines in solitary.
>>
>>1061780
Yeah, but you have to realise that for every entrepreneur that succeeds, hundreds more fail.
>>
>>1061780
I've failed at my own business 3 or 4 times now. Hoping that my next try tloan make it. It's a lot of work desu.
>>
>>1062225
While this is true, if you stick to starting company strategies that are affordable to fail, it won't ruin your life if it does, just largely inconvenient.
>>
>>1061789
>relying on literal gambling
lol
>>
>>1061780
If you become a partner at one of the big 5 consulting firms, you will definitely get to wealthy. It's going to take you 15 years to get to partner and another 10-20 years to get up above the 10 million mark though.
>>
>>1061780
No, it isn't.
There are alternatives but few and far between.
If you think working under someone will make you richer than them, you're wrong. If you want to make more money than your employer, you need to figure out an alternative.

Invent something.
Start a business.
Study stocks EXTENSIVELY.
Hit it big in a lottery / craps table.

Btw, I can help you solve credit card debt of 10k or more. Email me at derrick . morton . abc at mail dot com

.... Legit homey. All legal. It's kinda my job. :P
>>
>>1061984
yeah, but in both cases they just redefine wealth to "living like a pauper" and claimed to be retired even though they rely on occasionally charging people for odd jobs for a portion of their yearly income

entrepreneurship will make you rich

successful trading will make you rich

inter-generational saving will make your family rich (although it's extremely hard for a middle-class family to responsibly manage wealth over multiple generations)
>>
>>1063105
>entrepreneurship
Is a meme that tries to turn a businessman into a rock star. The economy doesn't run on rock stars, no matter what Ayn Rand may have implied.
>>
>>1063177
JIDF detected
>>
>>1063070
What are the big 5 consulting firms and how do I get a job there?
>>
>>1063089
Uncle derrick?

Sydney?
>>
>>1063196
>/pol/
>/biz/
Pick one. The businessman-as-a-rock-star is nothing but gobbunist crap that destroys capitalism by setting unrealistic goals.
>>
>>1063294
Without an entrepreneurial spirit and drive, people would be stuck as wagecucks forever. You ever watch The Profit with Marcus Lemonis? You should. You will see many entrepreneurs both good and bad. People that want to have a business and not work for anyone else and then there are those that don't give a shit about their business and just let it fail or act like they know everything when they clearly don't.

It's not about being a rock star. Having a business isn't easy. Unless it was handed to you and you grew up with it, businesses are hard work. Is it worth it? Usually, yes.

My five year goal is to make enough sales transactions to take the broker exam and become a broker and run my own real estate office.
>>
>>1063177
Yes, I would like fries with my combo meal. Thanks for asking
>>
File: c35.png (137KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
c35.png
137KB, 600x300px
>>1063306
>>1063309
Post hoc much? Ad homniem much?

Because capitalism isn't a system that creates success. Success is easy to create. Just rev up a 5-year plan. Capitalism is a system that mitigates the effects of failure.

And mentioning failure is something that the "rock stars" just won't do. It is also interesting that it's only glitzy business that the "rock stars" and politicans promotes. Not manufacturers of dildoes or toilet flush tanks.

And it's because it's nothing special. Wanna be sucessful in selling ice cream during summer on a beach? Rise on hour earlier than the competition and have a cleaner stand than the competition. It works but it's not glamorous.

>The Profit (TV series)
>reality show
>throne of dollar bills
>mfw
>>
>>1062382
I'm more or less in your boat. It's a numbers game like anything else. People dumber and less qualified than you make it huge all the time. Keep going for it and you'll get a big one at some point.

I also usually work biz dev jobs for established firms at the same time though :X
>>
>>1063070
>>1063208
McKinsey is a bubble that will burst in our lifetimes. You can take that to the bank.
>>
>>1063347
Great point. My buddy once told me about his uncle down in GA. He was a humble ironworker who wound up making millions designing and mass manufacturing those little grated platforms installed into the sides of large vans and trucks. Money grows on trees if you know where they're planted.

That's the problem with this hard left shift to academic thinking and the religious worship of MBA programs. Academia types notoriously ignore the wisdom and profit-attracting savvy of blue collar folks.
>>
>>1063367
>Great point. My buddy once told me about his uncle down in GA. He was a humble ironworker who wound up making millions designing and mass manufacturing those little grated platforms installed into the sides of large vans and trucks. Money grows on trees if you know where they're planted.
Cool uncle!

>That's the problem with this hard left shift to academic thinking and the religious worship of MBA programs. Academia types notoriously ignore the wisdom and profit-attracting savvy of blue collar folks.
I think it's two sides of the same coin. First you demonize capitalism until it's regarded as something supernatural. Then you think that you can harness its magic.
>>
>>1063439
DESU this sounds like McKinsey in a nutshell
>>
>>1063347
>implying that Marcus Lemonis isn't one of the brightest and best business investors around.
>>
>>1063357
How do I get a job an Mckinsey?
>>
>>1063811
Go to an Ivy League school, intern at old useless organizations, blow the right people.
>>
>>1063177
anyone who starts a business is an entrepreneur you retard
>>
>>1061780
Yes, but only if you have a good accountant + lawyer and your business is in an industry that can dodge regulations to give you a competitive advantage.

Think of something like a subcontractor, certain services (landscape, housekeeping, delivery). It also helps if you can use illegal immigrants as labor.

If you can set yourself up like this, you can be very average and get a considerable amount of wealth easily.

You don't have to bring any innovation, you just need to satisfy demand in an area. (The highest margin businesses include a cyclical good/service (think of things like interior design, painting, heating/cooling services, installing security systems, etc...).

The problem is only the most frugal with cash on hand can survive the economy in these industries, but they reap the most rewards as they are most established in economic booms.
>>
There are 5 ways to get rich, in no particular order:

1. Entrepreneur
2. Investing
3. Real Estate
4. Invent Something
5. Become a Celebrity
>>
>>1063811
Have a 3.8+GPA or 3.5+ GPA in top school.

Also, be involved and not socially retarded. Then it's just a series of dick sucking interviews and time commitment to land a position. Obviously, they want to see that you demonstrated involvement/interest in consulting before you apply, so be involved in your school's consulting programs/clubs.

It's basically the epitome of normie wagecucking.

Personally, I would rather spend the time commitment starting a business, but obviously that won't go as favorably when applying to business school.

Personally, I chose memeing at the Federal Reserve instead of cucksulting.

Much less stressful than the private sector, and I can get into a top business school easily. Also, during my MBA, I'll be starting my own firm using the money I saved up working for the Fed.
>>
Become an artist.

Literally wipe your ass on a canvas, frame it in glass and sell it to a turdgobbling rich hipster kid.
>>
>>1064859
My GPA is bad ~3.0 and I don't go to a top school.

Mainly because I started and worked on businesses and business competitions throughout college. I mainly want to get into consulting so I can learn the trade and make my own consulting firm better.
Do I even have a chance and should I try?
Any of the big 3 would be great imo
>>
>>1061780
Yes but spelling helps too. They actually have spell checkers built into browsers.
>>
>>1061780
Went from making $50K as a sysadmin, peaking at maybe $75K in my market. Started a computer company and now six years later at $120K and that is while still reinvesting heavily back into the company. I had a really good year two years back and took home north of $200K. Goal is $175K in three years and then start to pull some out of the company. We are at $4 million now, should be at $5 million in two years.

Invested no money, just time and energy. Never had a loss and never took a loan.
>>
>>1063105
>inter-generational saving
Fucking this. I'm forgoing kids so a friend or cousin with better genes can inherit a couple million. I'd have my own, but then I wouldn't have the couple million, plus I've got hereditary problems that shouldn't continue.
>>
>>1062225
Basic rule is that 95% dont make it past year one, and another 95% dont make it to year five. You have to have a goal, work 80+ hour weeks, and everything you do has to be to work towards success. It is not easy and the failure rate shows this. But the spoils are worth it. Wealth, early retirement, set your own hours (after about year five), etc... Plus if in B2B you get to work with other owners, wealth has a way of growing when around other wealth, most opportunities will come your way.
>>
>>1064845
In the service industry, it does not matter the service, customer service is number one. I remind my employees that every day.

Try to avoid consumer services and do B2B, much larger dollar amounts and less fighting for payment.
>>
>>1064882
School does not mean shit if starting a business. Some of my customers are borderline retarded but wealthy as hell because they can do one thing, run their business and they understand the work they do.
>>
>>1064904
how did you get start up capital?
>>
>>1064950
My reading comprehension suggests that he saved up from his sysadmin job.
>>
>>1061780

Nope.
>>
>>1063746
>McKinsey
McKinsey & Company? How are they overrated/inflated?

>>1063798
>Apart from Camping World and Good Sam, Lemonis is a serial entrepreneur
Yeah, because he wants to play the rock star. Also bad taste with that throne.

>>1064805
Good thing that "entrepanneuring" was invented a couple of decades ago at the MBA center of MBA. It must've sucked for gramps when he was out and about and got hungry. Beause there was no "entrebedpans" to run the hot dog stands.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.