[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Military Colleges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: us-military.jpg (485KB, 1568x1045px) Image search: [Google]
us-military.jpg
485KB, 1568x1045px
Is it a good idea to join the army reserve to earn a college degree? I plan on being an interpreter but I want to know if it is a good idea to join.
>>
>>1060587
> military = free college
Bad meme needs to die. Military does not give free college. Period. After you get out you can apply for grants for being ex-military but that's as close as it gets.

Look around for civilian scholarships and apply for as many as you can get your hands on. If you're under 26 there's also Job Corps for free training.
>>
Your question is completely different than the thread subject.

>Officers cannot be interpreters
>If you enlist when you could be an officer you're dicking yourself over
>ROTC has scholarships associated with it
>Implying that you won't deploy while in the reserves at the worst possible fucking moment

That GI bill is sweet, but you're better off doing ROTC and doing a four year hitch.
>>
Marine here. After I got out I had the GI bill which is pretty helpful. But honestly dude them saying its "free" is a meme. Im in debt from college loans even with the GIB. Do not join. Your motive just is not enough.
>>
>>1060587
>interpreter

Well, at the very least you'll make your buddies jealous because you get paid extra for every language you can read. Even if you never use that language while serving, you just have to take a test. This is for the Marines though, I don't know about Army.
>>
>>1060640

It's the entire military. When I was visiting some enlisted friends up in Virginia Beach I noticed that they could all speak Korean even though it had nothing to do with their rate. Then I found out about language pay. The total amount, for ability with up to two languages, is $1,000 per month for full capability in both. It's tax free.
>>
>>1060605
People often confuse free tuition with free college. I serve in the national guard and i can yell you i recieve 100% reimbursement for my tuition expenses. Plus i get $360/month from the gi bill that i can use for whatever.
>>
For active duty in the Air Force they got rid of free schooling for trade schools
>>
>>1060587
Why not go for a branch were they teach you skills that's valuable in civilian life?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.