[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at UPS. These people come in every week with 100-200 iphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Xgfiuywh.jpg (175KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Xgfiuywh.jpg
175KB, 1024x576px
I work at UPS. These people come in every week with 100-200 iphones a day. These are chinese people.

What the fuck do they do? Do they buy broken iphones then send them to apple? because we process it going to apple.

One guy said he sells them to people in china.

Obviously this has to be very easy since these people make a living off of this.

Does anyone here do this? Care to explain this shit to me?
>>
I have 2 guesses.

The first is that they have some way of getting counterfit Iphones. And the second is that they are buying broken iphones in bulk, fixing them and then selling them in China.
>>
>>1060381
These are legit iphones. We manually enter their information into Apple servers.
>>
Iphones sell for around 1000 in china so they buy for 500 600 here and make bank. I know this because I have arrested people for getting crackheads to open a phone account for the phone they pay them 50 bucks send the iphone to china and profit.
>>
OP here. They brought in another 26 today.
>>
Maybe they are remote workers doing refurbishing.
>>
>>1060353

They really don't have them prepackaged before they ship them?
>>
Have you been to an Apple store on three day of a new release?

90% of three line is Chinese and Poo-in-the-loos buying the max they're allowed.
>>
>>1061988
I love that poo in loo is a inter board meme now
>>
OP Here. We process them going to Apple for "repair". One of the guys says he looks for specific defects and sends them in, then sells them overseas.

1. What defect?
2. How do they send so many in?
3. How do they bring in 20-40 a day?
4. Why do they have other people's information attached to the Apple repair ID?
5. Where does he sell it to China? Ebay?
>>
>>1062032
I do a simmilar thing with apple product in my country (middle EU).

i do this with ipod nano

there is an replacement programm on this -> send in old ipod, get new one, sell, profit. (100€ / ipod)

So i have done same thing with iphone but don't work for me so good. So maybe these guys buy iPhones with defects which could repair under warranty for example broken camera, broken buttons etc..

for example:
buy iphone 6 with broken camera ( must be an not self-induced defect for sure ), iphone must have still warranty, send to apple, get refurbishing iphone, sell, profit.
>>
>>1062004
it's also great because now 99% of poojeets have stopped posting on 4chan
>>
>>1062054

OP here. Just manually processed 26 again today.

What's strange is for every iPhone that comes in, the Apple repair ID is already attached to someone else - full name, address, phone number, everything. However, the addresses are all the same.

My guess is
>someone buys them off people
>makes sure they have warranty
>hasthem fill out a form
>uses his own address and pretends its a mail box selling/PO BOX location
>has them sent back to him
>sells them to china

HOWEVER, where would one sell to China? Ebay? I don't think Chinese people use eBay (from mainland China.) to buy. Normally they use eBay to sell.
>>
Alibaba
>>
>>1062226
Who would be comfortable giving a total stranger their address and personal info for the warranty?
>>
OP you should write to tim cook and see if he'll pay you like $20 per phone to just break them all in half so the chinks gotta buy new ones.
>>
>>1060353
its not easy,
you need a supplier who trusts you are good for your money. (good luck poorfag)
and you need a market to push them on.
>>
>>1060792
Postal Inspector?
>>
Tax that shit asap op.
>>
>>1062054
Does this program still exist in the US?
>>
>>1060353
bump for interest.
>>
Apple hardware is more expensive in China than in the US
>>
>>1062674
what about eastern europe? like the slavic lands..
Got some connections there, possibly set something up?
>>
>>1062099
>poojeet
Heh
>>
>>1062032
They probably just look for defects that don't hinder the longevity of the phone when fixed, but is still enough for a stupid American to justify buying a new one.
>>1062226
>HOWEVER, where would one sell to China?
There's websites in languages other than English. He's either giving them to a friend/relative/business partner to sell from China or using a Chinese eBay alternative.
>>
File: chinaeyes.jpg (114KB, 691x564px) Image search: [Google]
chinaeyes.jpg
114KB, 691x564px
These chinks are always scamming
>>
>>1062774
>>Niggers
>Niglets
>Nigs
>>
File: 1449389107272.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449389107272.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>1062780
>>
>>1060353
same job here.
The company is shit. The shipping prices keep going up, customers are just walking out and they tell us to push printing services we aren't even equipped to do.

and the Apple corporate accounts are annoying if your shitty PCs are still running Windows XP.

fuck the UPS store, it probably wont exist in 5 years.
>>
>>1062032
There was a guy sending back an iphone 6 the other day who told me that the screens on the new models are expensive as fuck to replace and that local repair places cant do it.
that may have something to do with it.

>buy iphone 6 with broken screen
>screen costs $300
>applecare is $100
>get applecare, get phone fixed, sell for profit
>>
File: IMG_4790edit.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4790edit.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>1062783
Sat on leg.
loose bloodflow
cant feel leg
fap for leg
profit?

Also old thread shit, i got a ton of electronic inventory. how do i liquidate it fast.
>>
>>1062794
looks like a lot of junk. garage sale, pawn shop, ebay
>>
>>1062811
thats cause all the organized laptops, idevices, game consoles are in the storage room. this is all the shit that i have yet to organize so i put it near my workspace.
>>
>>1062787
OP here.

Prices are going up.

Were pushing printing too. They want us to make business cards and we manually cut them by hand and the cutters are fucked.

Dont ever buy boxes from UPS stores. 12.50 for one of the bigger boxes. JUST THE BOX.

15.50 FOR US TO JUST PUT IT IN THE BOX.
>>
>>1060353
I don't know how to answer that because I'm not a gypsy with magical powers, but Apple did sell 1% less than they thought they would, so likely they bought them wholesale from a manufacturer and sell them all over the world as unattached devices ready for prepaid plans.

They could also be fakes.
>>
>>1060353
http://www.scmp.com/tech/china-tech/article/1856714/iphone-6s-already-sale-china-speculators-charging-much-us3300-device

iPhone 6S already on sale in China, with speculators charging as much as US$3,300 per device

this was in september 2015, so only a few months ago. so i think this answers your question
>>
Asians are supreme men
>>
>>1062226
sorry i don't get your guess, explain me.

the guy come with repair assignment but not on his name? do you mean there are repair assignments on other names but on his adress ?

>>1062369
in my country its still aviable. so in us should also exist. just google after ipod nano exchange program
>>
>>1060353
and op, why not asking the guy who bring in the shit what he do with this?
>>
>>1062793
i think you can use applecare only for iphones you bought at apple...not for 2nd hand iphones bought from sellers who didnt have applecare bought at the purchase of their phone...
am i wrong?
>>
>>1063118
Yeah I did google it and it's still around. Could you send them broken nanos for a new one? Could you please elaborate on your process, it'd be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>1062226
>Ebay?
Taobao
>>
>>1064179
So i did this thing with around 20 ipods.
i send broken ones with damaged screen, with missing parts, with wather damage... but i send them also 100% working ipods.

the most importaint is the fucking serial number on the back on the ipod. check this on the internet site from exchange program. if serial number correct type in your data (name, adress, etc.)

next day UPS is infront of your door with small package. open it, in this package there is a envelope. Put iPod in envelope and than call UPS. Tell UPS package is ready to return.
wait for another 4-5 days. Get email from apple that ipod will change to new model cause of battery promlems. Next day after you get email new ipod comes with ups.

sell new one, profit.
>>
>>1065280
Thanks very much! one more thing, when you send these ipods back, it asks for your account information. Do you use the same account each time or do you use different ones each time?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.