[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look up bitches for the next thing! Gotta store them all ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1435004745527.png (189KB, 280x448px) Image search: [Google]
1435004745527.png
189KB, 280x448px
Look up bitches for the next thing! Gotta store them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RTfUgn69DE
>>
Decentralizing currency, decentralized storage so you don't need the data centers or anyone that needs to fund and therefore control the storage. It wrestles the power away from any one controlling entity and gives the power to anyone and everyone. I read about this when reading up on block chain tech.

It's interesting stuff. Power to the people. It's almost scary in some ways, like watching Skynet come online and become self aware in Terminator 2.
>>
There could be legal problems down the line depending on WHAT some stranger is storing on your hard drive.

It doesn't matter if it's encrypted. The mere possession of certain material on your hard drive is a crime, no matter who you're holding it for.
>>
>>1060244
>buy 100 terabyte drive for $5000
>host storage for 10 dollars on the terabyte
>rake in $1000 a month

could it really be that easy?
>>
That lady's face, and voice, and manner of speaking are all fucking weird.
>>
>>1060463
You have to pay warehousing for your system, buy a server, pay electricity/cooling costs, pay some cunt to maintain your hardware/web service, etc.
>>
>>1060506
would require 5 seperate drives, 20 terabytes each. They wouldn't be very large and could last about 4 years, even longer with maintenance. No need to buy a server storj does it all for you. Get a big ass fan for cooling and you're good.
>>
>>1060596
You also have to download 100 terabytes, potentially uploading a fraction of that also.
You'd probably need a fairly good connection for that.
>>
>>1060392

You're not wrong but I think you're also miles short of the true ramifications of the potential of this type of tech.

Governments and central banks effectively losing control over currencies and information. Just think of what that actually means for a bit. If you go and read up some more on block chain and it's potential, it's effectively world changing.
>>
>>1060501

Irl I had laughed.
>>
Files would likely be stored in separate blocks if I had to guess, as no one wants some random accessing their files.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2b4sl4/storjio_likely_a_disaster_in_the_making_does/

Also know this coin has been in dev since 2014 with a budget of 450 BTC.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.