[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 19 year old Australian man, (20 this May) and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I'm a 19 year old Australian man, (20 this May) and I'm completely lost and depressed in regards to gaining employment.

I never finished high school due to recurrant medical issues (i spent 2 years trying to, but I kept getting sick). I got a Certificate II in Security Operations to make up for this, and this was accepted as a "Year 10 Equivilent"

My friends are either working full time or in university, and I can intellectually keep up with them, I always have.

I've applied for hundreds of jobs, and I'm literally willing to do anything at all for money, the lowest paying disgusting job there is. But I get consistantly rejected from those too.

I desperately need money to help support my family but literally EVERY employer instantly rejects me, what do I do?
>>
>>1060000

Sick quads. Which state you in m8?

Melbournefag here.
>>
>>1060009
I live near Sydney, though I'm willingto travel interstate to work.
>>
I literally just got fired from my job

It was a comfy job at a cafe. I got so accustomed to it ive been working for 2 years now im unemployed and totally lost when it comes to applying to jobs.
>>
>>1060010

See if you can get a job as a court reporter. It's a piss easy job and they hire literally anyone.
>>
>>1060000
Bugger Centrelink all day. They'll (hopefully) hook you up with some simple job and failing that at least you get an allowance.

While you're on Centrelink, consider TAFE. Each class per semester will cost you 50$ while you're on Centrelink so take advantage of that and learn some more skills.
>>
I'm thinking about getting my Cert II in Security. Is it really that hard to find a job? Why are all the employers rejecting you?
>>
>>1060014
I'm slightly above average at typing, wouldn't I need to train in Stenography and learn some sort of shorthand to do that? Or is it all just fast keyboard typing?
>>
>>1060026
I have been, I'm on an allowance of $400 a fortnight.

>>1060027
Depends where you live, there's plenty of Security work in big cities.

I'm with an Employment agency too, they've essentially done nothing.
>>
>>1060030

There's no stenography. It's literally just listening to shit (which is recorded so you can play it back) and typing it out. The pay isn't amazing but it's a job.
>>
>>1060037
>>1060038

Btw explore all the options available to you, not just what I or others ITT suggest. Find out if the local big unis have job search engines on their websites. Check Seek constantly.
>>
>>1060039
Seek and I have a relationship, its almost time to declare it publicly. I'm on her three times a day everyday. Thanks for the Court Reporter suggestion, I'll look into it.
>>
>>1060011
Just go out and get a job you bum, back in my day I had 3 jobs all you need to do is go talk to an employer and apply yourself! Go door knocking! Trust me! :^)
>>
the capitalist system doesn't care about those on the margins of society

accept your position as an unwilling member of the underclass
>>
>>1060175
So I should kill myself?
Engage in criminal acts?

I'm open to both ideas.
>>
Fellow auslander here. Get a job at an abbatoir or mining or join army. There always fucking hiring. I work offices at my abbatoir and we're hiring 5 new kids every fucking day. Absolute dickheads that dont look even remotely respectful for an interview. but they get the job because its such shit work. But hey, pay is good. Especially for your age.
>>
>>1060196
Can't join the army due to past illness. Slaughterhouse is an idea, but mining is a no go did to various stupid reasons.
>>
Suicide it is
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.