[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical question here. In Canada - Lets say you own a business.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (66KB, 437x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 437x328px
Hypothetical question here.

In Canada - Lets say you own a business. Can you simply list someone on the payroll as an employee (like a family member or something) and just pay them for free without working? Are there any legal or negative financial problems from doing this?
>>
>>1058597
Make them a "consultant".
>>
>>1058618
Yeah, I'm sure OP could hire that person for like 2k/hr, and then meet up for coffee every week or two to discuss "business". As long as the government gets their share and everyone declares their taxes and accounting and stuff, I don't see why there would be much of a problem. There's useless employees at all sorts of businesses.
>>
just curious OP, what money are you laundering? Did you deal drugs or what?
>>
>>1058630
No I plan on starting my own business. Just wanted to put my mom on payroll
>>
>>1058658
if the money is legal, why the fuck pay any more taxes? Just give it to her.
>>
>>1058597
If you run a business (either personally or through a company that you control) then there's nothing to stop you giving money to whoever you want. The only real exception would be if your company is insolvent, and you're giving all the money to a relative so that there's nothing left to pay your creditors.
Aside from that, it's perfectly legal for your business to pay money to someone who doesn't actually do any work. However, it is likely to have some unfavourable tax consequences. You won't be able to claim the payment as a tax deduction for the business, and it's likely to be taxable as income in the hands of your relative.
>>
OP, yes, and there are tax advantages to doing so. /biz/ is not the right place to ask. Seek a local tax consultant.
>>
>>1058597
There is nothing wrong with doing this and all bussiness owners do this op. My dad was "paying" me 80k a year when i was 16. The government doesnt rly care how small bussiness move money because they get taxes either way if you wanna. If you wanna skirt several grand around tax brackets they wont give you any shit.They leave the system kinda open like this to encourage and allow small bussinesses to grow.
>>
>>1058674
This please this
>>
>>1058597
You have to pay the government ei and cpp as does the employee. If you hire them as a contractor your portion as the employer does not have to be paid I believe, but they still have to pay their portion. I'm not 100% sure so double check. Cover your ass, if you get audited you'll be fucked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.