[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Im going to travel the world >starbucks barista

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1453464751723.jpg (94KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1453464751723.jpg
94KB, 612x612px
>Im going to travel the world
>starbucks barista

Why do people do this
>>
>>1057566
>>1057566
It doesn't cost a lot to travel.
>>
>>1057596
Well yeah. I fly first class only though and can't stay in some faggot European hostel.
>>
>>1057596
Are you kidding? After cost of living starbucks baristas make pennies per hour. $300 in unplanned expenses costs a month of their life, and that's more than my flight to LA purchased months in advance
>>
>>1057637
*months of their life
>>
>>1057566
Because "World travel" is a pseudo meme religion for the "spiritual" types. Even if they never manage to do it.
>>
>>1057644
This it's something boring people use as a means to not seem like boring and uneducated idiots they are.

If you ever hear from them again go ahead a prob a bit. "where are you planning on visiting", "how long will you stay", "what do you plan on doing/experiencing while there".

They will of course give you the most cookie cutter excuses and responses. It's easy to pick them apart afterwards
>>
>>1057566
>>1057644
Am I one of the few people who doesn't like traveling?
It's not the planes, the hotels, the money, the stress, or anything like that. I just fucking hate other places.
>>
>>1057599
Represent. If you can't travel like a baller, why travel at all? Literally fuck 3rd world countries. I only go there for business as a profiteer for my company.
>>
I love travelling and have the money but finding the time is another matter all together.
>>
You guys are just naive. Now let this brown poor NEET redpill you.

http://www.tagthesponsor.com/home
>>
traveling fucking sucks, and the people who want to tell you how much they like to travel are the worst.

they always call what they are doing "exploring" like they are ernest fucking shackleton.
>>
>>1059260
I don't know what this has to do with travel, but that's exactly how I expect things to go for any wealthy guy.

>find the hottest girl you want on Instagram
>"Here's money, get some friends, I'm going to fuck all of you"
>"Sounds good ;)"

Christ. I want that.
>>
>>1057566
They are travelling with their daddy's money.
>>
Most young people spend their life savings on traveling or have daddy pay for it. Traveling really fucking sucks when you're young because you have no money. If you have money they prefer to invest it in something that will make them money. I see a lot of people say traveling is cool and it "opens new ways to see the world". This means that the peopel who travel were the dipshits in school who didn't pay attention in their social studies. Literally you can read books on other cultures. This isn't the 19th century where going to other countries was a culture shock. I've read a lot in my schooling and when I traveled nothing surprised me. I knew what I was in for, but this younger generation is on track to being less educated than their parents. So it's not a surprised why they act like covert racists on their travel ambitions. If you're thinking of traveling but have no net worth. I would advise you not to do it. You'll jsut lose out on work time and money.
>inb4 hurr durr you can't take da monez to da grave
Yup you don't, but in the meantime you need moeny to stay alive. Catch 22 faggots. Europeans and Australians are statistically poorer than Americans.
>>
I went to Cambodia for the last three months of 2014. I met a lot of people.

Over a year later there are people that I met still fucking traveling that haven't returned home yet. One is a danish girl that was in Cambodia for a few months, then Australia for like a year then boom, now shes in the Philippines. Though she probably had a visa and maybe saved up some money in Ozzy land. Danes are so weird.

Another guy is from San Fran but keeps showing up in Australia and Thailand on FB. When I met him he was doing an online MBA and doing MMA in the meantime. Then this other girl was in Cambodia, then Indonesia, and suddenly for the past year shes been all over Europe, but I think now she is studying in Amsterdam.
>>
>>1057596

The planes and trains cost a lot anon.

But yes, everything else can be done cheaply.
>>
>>1057566
Tbqh the US is large enough that travelling to different states is like travelling to different countries

It's also a lot cheaper
>>
>>1060158
Yeah except with none of the excitement or foreign cultures.
>>
>>1060161

Look around you... There are more foreign cultures in the US than there are in the entirety of the EU. Hell, within just California you get entire sections of Chinese,Japanese, Korean, Mexican, Colombian, and African American. All within a 3 hour drive from each other.

FYI, there are more Puerto Ricans in Chicago than Puerto Rico. Miami has more Cubans than Cuba does as well.
>>
>>1060164
When people talk about travelling and seeing the world, they aren't talking about visiting Chinatown in San Francisco.
>>
>>1057566
It doesn't need to cost much. Bike or hitchhike. Camp or work for room and board. Have a bunch of sex with other travelers and locals, then seduce the ladies back home with tales of your adventures. Eat street food for pennies. Oh wait, back up. We passed the reason.
>>
>>1060167

You said foreign cultures. I answered.

Its not as exciting but id argue that the experience is mostly the same without the historical buildings to take selfies in front of.

Ive been to Mexico City twice and I would take Texas any day of the week. All the culture, same food, same language, none of the risk of being kidnapped/tossed in prison for some random rule I broke.

Fun side fact. Spitting on the sidewalk in Thailand is a 300 US dollar fine
>>
>>1060173
So don't spit in public you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>1060181

Go hold hands with a female you are not married to in Dubai
>>
>>1060183
>holding hands
are you 14?
>>
>>1060192
>are you 14
Are you a faggot?
>>
>>1060203
That depends, how much you paying?
>>
/trv/ here

It's not like you can't travel as a starbucks barista. Travel can be done as cheaply or as expensive as you want. There are lots of people who traveled around the world for 0$, working on farms for food and a place to sleep, busking, getting their food in the wild. It's not my kind of travel, but I still try to keep it relatively cheap when I'm abroad (hostels, cheap food, cheap activities etc.)
>>
>>1060203
Kek
>>
>>1058080
I am fairly sure you have zero friends irl, you sound like an insufferable prick
>>
>>1060408
barista detected
>>
>>1057566
Most people in meme jobs are not self sufficient and depend on their parents to back them up. Surviving alone on minimum wage just doesnt add up, let alone for travel.

We all know these people.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.