[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some red flags when meeting with a potential new business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: importantbusiness.jpg (13KB, 271x182px) Image search: [Google]
importantbusiness.jpg
13KB, 271x182px
What are some red flags when meeting with a potential new business partner?

I'll start with a few easy ones:
>Doesn't wear a watch
>Isn't clean shaven
>>
>female
>>
>wasting money on watches when the time is displayed fucking everywhere
>not sporting a full bread like a fucking man

Wew lad
>>
>>1056959

Wearing a watch shows that time is important to you.

poorfag.
>>
>>1056963

That makes no sense

Frugal=\=poor
>>
>>1056939
>>Doesn't wear a watch
>>Isn't clean shaven
Those are only red flags for juniors. Most grown men with a successful history develop their own dress code. A clean-shaven guy over 40 wearing a tie, watch, etc. (as in, dressing how the juniors are required to dress) is not successful and is lacking in confidence.
>>
>>1056986

It makes perfect sense. If time is important to someone, it's valuable. Time is money. No one wants to do with business with someone who doesn't value time.

Also shaving is a sign that you pay attention to detail.
>>
Red flag
>he thinks wearing a watch matters
>>
>>1056993
??

Beards/mustaches look very good on some facetypes.

Maybe he's been working so hard and pays so much attention to detail that he didn't have time to shave because he's been working on big projects all day long and meeting with clients?

A watch is redundant. He obviously has a smartphone so what's the point of it?

This thread is retarded. You watched too many wolf of wallstreet movies where you just dress "impecably" and put on an expensive watch and then some big shot exec spots you and offers you a parnter position in his firm and then you meet with all these other big CEOs and learn to talk to them and play 2 games of golf with them each and they invite you to spend 6 months of the year in their Spanish mansion and the other 6 in their penthouse.
>>
>>1057000
>Maybe he's been working so hard and pays so much attention to detail that he didn't have time to shave because he's been working on big projects all day long and meeting with clients?

That just means he can't manage his time.

Enjoy staying poor you degenerate.
>>
>they're a superficial faggot who cares about shit like watches and beards
>>
The potential business partner is a human being.

Fuck partnerships.
>>
>>1057003
>That just means he can't manage his time.
>Enjoy staying poor you degenerate.

You are obviously poor or a student at best.

Let me guess you also think that if you're not wearing a $2000 suit for your first day of work as an analyst that you'll be laughed at and kicked out?
>>
>>1056939
>Doesn't wear a watch
You mean a wrist fedora?

My cellphone tells time perfectly, bruv.
>>
>>1057020
>You are obviously poor or a student at best.

Take a look in the mirror.

If you had actual experience you would realize that facial hair is not professional
>>
>>1057042
>If you had actual experience you would realize that facial hair is not professional

Posting on 4chan is also not professional.

Especially posting about what others wear on 4chan. Do you think the vast majority of people on this board have any sort of power in their lives?

Over 50% of this board is unemployed according to polls. The rest are probably working minimum wage part time as students or dead-end jobs with no future. And then maybe a small percent are somewhere decent in their life.

And they sure as hell are not posting in or creating these threads.
>>
>>1057042
>facial hair is not professional
According to who, kid? Your boss? In business, meeting a potential partner isn't like having some salesman show up in your office. How they dress and look would be irrelevant because you had already done your due diligence.

You're just a kid so I know you won't understand, but in the real world successful people don't have to look "professional" because they don't have to do cold face to face sales with low-level clients. If you find yourself losing money or opportunities due to no watch and facial hair, you are a salesman pleb.
>>
>>1057042
Jesus Christ! I work in a bank (lol pelb right?) and every male there (5 of us) has facial hair. The CPC adviser is on $350k p/y and usually wears a polo shirt and we compete for the scruffiest beard

But you're gonna be living the clean shaven dream, right?
>>
>>1057056
>>1057063
Fucking this.

Honestly I'm not the most experienced with high-tier jobs but judging from some somewhat decent gigs I've had and some internships I've noticed people at a decent enough level do not give a shit about this bs.

At one internship(not all that prestigious but whatever) the guy showing me around made jokes about masturbating at your desk and similar "fart jokes", he dressed however he wanted too.

I've met surgeons and stuff with 20+ years experience and they have had facial hair, worn whatever, etc. I don't think anyone really cares unless you look like a complete slob.
>>
File: 1453165925001.jpg (68KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453165925001.jpg
68KB, 1000x750px
>>1056939

>Owns a smartphone

>Wears one of the new faggoty Millenial suits with the ridiculously tight pants and long shoes that curl at the toes..

>Novelty glasses for added sophistication

>Female

>Obese

>Not clean cut
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 204x247px
snt wearing pic related
>>
Didn't buy ethereum.
>>
>>1056939
You obviously haven't known millionaire business owners. Although everything you said is important, it's only important as an employee.
>>
>>1057027
I was somewhere where we all had to turn off our phones last week. If someone got caught with a phone they had to leave.
The watch came in handy then.
Also, you may as well call women's necklaces neck fedoras at that point. The watch is the one of the few accessories that men can wear, unlike women who get to wear everything from emerald necklaces to bangles to nail polish etc. Chill out with the hyperminimalism, friend
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 552x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 552x696px
>>1057108
>listens to Björk
>>
> Lacks confidence
> Lacks intelligence
> Lacks charisma
If they have none of the three, most likely gonna end up using him for profit
>>
>>1056957
oh c'mon now
>>
>>1056939
Any sort of minority
>>
>>1057108
>Not owning a smartphone
>making up shoes that don't exist
>Still wearing a 3 button suit
Whats it like to be retired? m8
>>
Looks wise who cares. I've met people dressed like bums that were multi-millionaires.

From personal experience I found the best questions to ask are the uncomfortable ones. Ask about former business partners that they've had that didn't work out. Ask why, specifically, they didn't work out.

If the person has an elaborate story about how each one of them screwed him, the common denominator is him. Don't walk away, run.
>>
>>1057283
>Looks wise who cares. I've met people dressed like bums that were multi-millionaires.

Yeah it's pretty funny actually.

That guy wearing sandals, shorts and sunglasses casually? more often than not he has quite a bit of money.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 732x732px
>>1057108
Yes, huge red flag when a guy walks in wearing one of these
>>
>>1056963
>wearing a watch
>time on everyone's phone down to the nanosecond
>>1056957
A good female is hard to come by, but if she's serious and driven, she's exactly the same
>>1056996
This
>>1057232
This is the biggie. You have to have all or excel greatly in one of them
>>
File: 1423200277506.jpg (23KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
1423200277506.jpg
23KB, 300x378px
>>1056986
>>1056993

There's no need for a fucking autism duel. I personally don't give a shit if someone wears a watch or not. I do, because I like it. It has little practical purpose but when you're on a date or at a meeting do you want to be seen pulling out your phone when you want to see when you can fuck off out? Some low tier workplaces also don't allow you to have your phone on you and have no visible clocks around, like warehouses. Its just nice to maintain some kind of tradition. Once we start doing away with the suit all together it'll be over. I don't judge the human in front of me by whether he has a watch or not. Its about his personality and possibly dress sense.

>>1057108

>Millennial suits

Oh is this American for 'slim fit'? Here's a tip, nobody wears suits like Americans do. We're not all fatties who need to hide our image. Ignore the faggot in pic related but this is how clothes should fit.

>A potential business partner not owning a smartphone

Yeah you're absolutely retarded. So he's either going to be old and tech illiterate or a deliberately obtuse tipper who owns a fucking pocket watch on a chain. A smartphone isn't a new gadget anymore granddad, it is the norm. Did you make that post on a typewriter? Faggot.
>>
For any of these people shitting on watches, have you ever worked at a successful corporation?

Almost everyone wears a watch, it's expected. If you can't even fork over $100 for a decent Seiko you will look bad.

Looking at your phone constantly to monitor time also makes you look bad.

People will be contrarian about everything. Gives me a good laugh.
>>
>>1057424
I disagree. Looking at your watch is equally rude.
>>
ITT Millennials on suicide watch
>>
>>1057429
Looking at a watch is much more discrete.

It's literally angling your wrist and a half second glance. It's not even even comparable.

When someone pulls out their phone, it could be texts or messages or whatever. It's much more rude.
>>
>>1057430
>ITT Millennials on suicide watch

>Not being a millennial and STILL going on 4chan

I think that's far worse desu. What kind of grown adult, who is suppose to have a career and a relationship goes on an anime imageboard, especially on /biz/ where most people are unemployed, cryptocurrencies are spammed everywhere and everyone is retarded or asks "how to get rich"?
>>
>Doesn't have muttenchops
>Doesn't have a pocket watch
>Doesn't say "Bully" to those who do a job well done
>Doesn't enjoy a rousing bit of wrestling in the midday
>>
My flags
>Is fat
>Wears a FitBit
>Is a mouth breather
>Talks like s/he is on 4chan out in the real world
>>
>ctrl + F
>black
>0 results
I'm proud of you /biz/
>>
>>1057262>>1057459
Don't be.
>>
>>1057459
I said minorities. Anyone who would partner with a nigger is planning for bankruptcy.
>>
>>1057468
Anyone who is partnering with a stormfag is also planning for bankruptcy.
>>
>>1057477
Stormfag? One can not like niggers and know they're by in large shitty at business and money and not be in stormfront.

I'd rather the company money not be spent on Jordans and watermelon
>>
>>1057477
Also go back to Reddit you fucking faggot
>>
>>1057482
Go back to your containment board
>>>/pol/

>I judge an entire race of people based on 4chan memes
>>
>>1057485
It's cute that you think stereotypes don't exist for a reason. Enjoy whatever shitty NEET thing you do or your little $100/mo business.

The big boys know the way the world works. You don't.
>>
> Uses big, fancy words and lingo they heard on some commercial
> Doesn't understand the words they are spouting, just uses them because it sounds "businesslike"
> Talking about going nationwide/global... with a company that isn't founded yet.
> Demands a high split percentage yet won't do much work.
> Tries to defend an idea as "worth money". Claims they are worth money for being an "ideas guy".
> Has kids (often desperate and/or lacks time for long-term stuff).
> Listens to Rap or anything like rap
> Doesn't want to make a contract
> Tries to add/demand stuff outside of the contract without re-negotiation of said contract.
> Has NO CLUE what they really want and/or tries to change stuff already decided upon every week or so.
> Is a "business owner" yet struggling financially.

Can you tell I have seen some stinkers? Men, women... they're all alike. Smell a bad deal and run like hell.
>>
>>1057503
The only exception to "has kids" is if they're already successful in previous businesses
>>
>>1057512
Even then that's a flag for me
>>
>>1057514
I'm more cautious if they do, but if they have a good track record I'm more receptive.
>>
>>1057434
Yeah I guess that's true. If you do it discretely that is.

I've just had it done in front of me on a few occasions to the point I felt like saying 'Hey, ya know, if you've got somewhere more important to be don't let me waste your time!'

I wouldn't feel much different if someone just glanced at their phone in the same way.

>>1057503
>>1057514
>Kids

Why? They're expensive. Factor home, wife etc that can be a big nut to crack every month.

Plus if they're a good parent they'll be motivated to keep things running smoothly and securely long term. Someone lacking that is more apt to get lazy once profits roll in or go out partying more often since things are going well.
>>
>>1057527
Because they will want to cap out at 40 hours and not put in the necessary legwork
>>
File: Steve-Martin-Success.jpg (51KB, 525x483px) Image search: [Google]
Steve-Martin-Success.jpg
51KB, 525x483px
>when you got a partner who doesn't put half as much in your start up as you

i feel like i put 120% but getting him to do past 50% bear minimum is so much bitching
>>
>>1057527
My experiences in businesses require travel. You can't travel if you have a wife and a brat to come home to every night.
>>
>>1057537
yeah fuck those kind of people. but in any partnership there's always going to be someone that does most of the legwork.
>>
>>1057537
>bear minimum

good luck with your business, kid
>>
File: 1443830057370.jpg (68KB, 479x370px) Image search: [Google]
1443830057370.jpg
68KB, 479x370px
>>1057538
>tfw I would love to have an excuse not to come back to my brat and wife every night.
>>
>starts acting drunk after a few scotches
>declines to drive after a few scotches
>decides to drive but commits newfag traffic infractions after a few scotches
>starts visibly sweating the moment police pull behind vehicle while driving after a few scotches
>says, "We're fucked" after police activate their lights while driving after a few scotches
>shows panic when I open glovebox containing pistol with my solid assurance, "I'm not going to prison" while driving after a few scotches

Bunch of losers in mattress sales.
>>
>>1057549
exactly im thinking of replacing him soon
>>
>>1057562
lol
>>
>>1057586
I think was talking about your use of "bear" instead of "bare"
>>
File: ted.jpg (123KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
ted.jpg
123KB, 1000x809px
>>1057594
>>
>>1057451
This right here
>>
File: G2thaZ.jpg (37KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
G2thaZ.jpg
37KB, 630x354px
>>1056957
>>
>>1056939
-Asks if you like his "faux-hawk".
-Checks phone every 2 fucking seconds.
-Has Chinese symbol tattooed between thumb and forefinger.
-Has never seen the movie, "Bullitt".
-Uses the adjective "hella".
>>
>>1058065
>symbol between thumb and forefinger
What? Why would anybody get a tattoo in such a strange place?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.