[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job at an international NGO, /biz/? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1449872219964.jpg (130KB, 570x812px) Image search: [Google]
1449872219964.jpg
130KB, 570x812px
How do I get a job at an international NGO, /biz/?

Is there any one here working for one?

Also what are the +'s and -'s about it?
>>
Who's the beautiful Nigress in the pic?
>>
>>1056182

liberal faggot
>>
Guys someone's gotta give me the name of the Niggress. It's driving me crazy. I'm about to cum!
>>
>>1056221

I know who she is but I wont tell you because you're a race traitor and a pervert
>>
>>1056222
You Bitch!!!!!! You tell me right this second, or I'll finish on my keyboard!
>>
>>1056182

If you know what country you specifically want to work at, Google "foreign jobs in [country]."

Have you graduated and have have work experience already? If yes, then it will be a lot easier. If not, I recommend you get some experience under your belt first.

I'm a senior analyst in banking in Florida and I'm interviewing for a few jobs in Estonia. I wasn't promoted until a few months ago and it I got a lot more bites now with "senior" on my resume than when I was looking for jobs before my promotion. Anyway, a lot of foreign companies, especially in Europe and Asia, that have heavy international presence will require a fair portion of their staff to be fluent in English since it's basically the defacto common tongue to use when you're dealing with operations over multiple nations with different languages. So there are opportunities out there.
>>
>>1056269

I'm currently a first-year Computer Science student at UCL. I know a lot of people from my university that have done internships at NGO's but I don't have any experience myself.

Anyway in Europe/Asia/USA would be fine for me.

>>1056213

That's Nicki Minaj
>>
>>1056276

>Computer Science

Well, you should have a lot more opportunities as I've seen a lot of IT positions during my searches.

I'd recommend doing whatever internships you can do right now near your school. Then when you're close to graduating or at least deep into your actual degree coursework either do study abroad or take a semester off to do an internship abroad. I did study aboard during undergrad and it was a joke. Then again, that's just my school and it was in Barcelona so 25% unemployment Spain isn't going to have a lot of opportunities.

But I've seen a lot of summer and other seasonal internships abroad. I don't if it's better if you do it before you graduate or after. If you do it before, you can have student loan money to cover any living expenses over that time. But if you do it afterwards, you have your degree and if you liked the company and they like you, you can easily slide into a full time position without worrying about going back to finish your degree.
>>
I want to work at the UN
>>
>>1056288

Yes but I'm not interested in doing any IT work inside the NGO. I'm more interested in research, etc.

One of my classmates (and flat mate) secured an internship (work experience) as an analyst in a think thank. I also know a lot of people got employed by Open Society institute.

Are you familiar with the industry? If yes, can you tell me the pros and cons of working in an NGO. Thanks in advance
>>
bumps for answers
>>
>>1056182
I know several who worked at the UN, red cross etc..

The only way to get a job there is by having connections. When you know people who already work there.. Even with all the experience and degrees in the world you won´t get in without connections.

Also it helps if you are an ethnic minority/disabled/lesbian etc etc Those always end up in the front of the job queue at those organisations.
>>
>>1057809

UN and red cross are pretty shit mate. Those are for retarded leftist women and homosexuals.

I'm interested in non-government organizations that deal with social issues and business development. My roomate's NGO got a grant of 7 milllion from the EU and it all went to their salaries.

Either you guys catch up slow or this board is full of NEET plebs that have never made more than 40k in their life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.