[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm behind a popular 4chan browsing app in the Play Store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1453400628176.jpg (58KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
1453400628176.jpg
58KB, 1000x663px
I'm behind a popular 4chan browsing app in the Play Store

Can this be monetized?
>>
>>1055984
ads, even tho I hate them
>>
No one is going to buy a 4chan app

So no
>>
>>1055984
4chan itself is barely monetized. Generally to get scraps there has to be some meat on the bone to begin with
>>
>>1055984
Google chrome?
>>
There is a free one that is probably better than whatever shit you made called Clover. And it is ad free, reliable and everyone uses it.

Why would anyone use yours with ads/cost when a free one already exists at equal if not better quality?

Integrate the features of 4chan-x into it and then we might be talking.
>>
>>1055984
Clover?
>>
it's obviously not clover since it's been banned from the playstore
>>
>>1057248
Clover is not banned
>>
>>1057248
Weird since I just got clover a week ago and can shitpost when I want on the go, faggot.
>>
>>1057253
it was banned because it switched /a/ to the main board. i guess the dev went through with appealing the ban and reuploaded it

>>1057256
stfu you gay faggot
>>
>>1057253
There used to be one called chant. Even better than clover
>>
>>1055984
No. Android users are NEET cucks and don't pay for shit
>>
Your best bet is ads but I personally won't use it. Squeeze those faggots that use your app for every cent.
>>
>>1056160
4chan isn't monetized well because of the demographic, adblock and because it isn't eligible for Adsense (The only relevant desktop browser ad network).

Mobile PPC networks are more plentiful and care less about content that ads are served on top of. They also don't target past country/phone model/browser/other hardware related criteria. Lastly, AdBlock is a pain in the ass to get working on Android so probably less than 0.1% of users have it.

>>1055984
You could throw up some AirPush banners into your app OP, but if they're annoying most users will just download a different 4chan app or use an old .apk of your own app.
>>
>>1055984

Sell rare pepe's
>>
>>1057545
>pain in the ass
>took 5 minutes to root and install AdAway

Though I don't actually know anyone else with adblock on their phone
>>
>>1055984
Ads and ask for donations, don't force it tho. Just make a page on the app (on the info page) and ask if they wan't to donate if they appreciate your app.
>>
>>1057545
>old .apk
That sorts itself out with time
4chan tends to change enough to break these apps often

The best timing would be when another such break occurs and all the apps are waiting for an update to work
Prepare an update first and get the word out about it on /g/ and try to casually slip it into posts on other boards
This update will have ads for the first time and the current users will be forced to update and a new influx of desperate mobile shitposters will come aboard
A good amount will leave after everything settles but many people just settle for something that works
>>
>>1055984
If that's you floens, goddamn that swipe control is shit, I had to go back to 2.0. Pls fix.
>>
>>1057545
>t ads are served on top of. They also don't target past country/phone model/browser/other hardware related criteria. Lastly, AdBlock is a pain in the ass to get working on Android so probably less than 0.1% of users have it.

Google adblock browser for android.
20 second download and install.
>>
>>1055984
collect and sell data about your users
>>
>>1057603
You don't know anything but /g/ if you think this would work. /g/ is the most anti-ads place on the Internet, and it also happens to have a cult-like following behind an open source 4chan app, which means it'll never have ads.
>>
>>1059230
*about /g/

Not "but /g/"
>>
>>1055984
Yes with ads.

Or if Hiroshimoot buys it.

Or if you offer some kind of premium shit.

Same as any app tbqh
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.