[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>HS class of 2016 >INTJ (not that this matters) >3.63

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: accountant .jpg (118KB, 575x315px) Image search: [Google]
accountant .jpg
118KB, 575x315px
>HS class of 2016
>INTJ (not that this matters)
>3.63 GPA
>27 ACT
>likes: music
>dislikes: meaningless work

In an ideal world, I would like to be a session guitarist. That'll sadly never happen. I do not want to starve so music probably is not the way to go. Guitar will just be a lifelong hardcore hobby.

I feel like any job I do I am going to hate. This isn't a good feeling. I'm not a complete retard so I have potential to make a decent living. I was thinking about being an accountant, but I do not want to sell my soul to some Big Four corporation.

Any advice for an edgy high school senior, /biz/?
>>
>>1055843
If I were in your position, I'd go do something which teaches you more about the world than accounting. Especially, since the demand is going to go down for accountants as much of their work is automated.

I'd say you'd probably find some sort of passion studying something in STEM. Love discovering things = Science, Love inventing/building things = Engineering. The issue is that an ACT score of 27 is pretty shit desu, senpai. You aren't going to get into Stanford with that score.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>1055856
Thanks for taking the time to respond, senpai.

Yeah, the ACT score could of been better. I got my college situation settled though. I'm going to a local state university that's giving me a pretty good scholarship.

I know where I'm gonna spend the next four to five years of my life, it's just the struggle of knowing what to study so I can live a passionate adulthood. I really do not want to be an office drone. I just want to make a decent living so I can support a kiddo and have a life outside of work.

Excuse the bitching. It's late, and I think I am having a "quarter life crisis".
>>
>>1055865
>I really do not want to be an office drone
Don't worry, after a few years out of college you'll be really happy to have an office job...
>>
>>1055843
>>1055865
Join the club, OP.

Also, you're like 18. You're not even a quarter of the way through your life. Come back in like 7 years. Us millennials have a 100 year average life expectancy
>>
>>1055865
>>1055921
also get used to the fact that, if you want to be a white-collar employee, you will more than likely be in a cubicle.
>>
>>1055843
try r9k
>>
>>1055843
>dislikes: meaningless work
>In an ideal world, I would like to be a session guitarist.
lol
>>
>>1055949

This. How many session guitarists were part of the Wrecking Crew? A few guys out of tens of thousands, even back when what you want to do was an actual job. How many ended up doing "smooth jazz" compilations for malls? A few more. How many never even got to that level despite being immensely talented and ended up playing on cruise ships or at weddings or something similarly soul-crushing? 99% of them.

Go to college, don't major in something stupid, and understand that even an office job is doing better than a lot of your peers in this economy.
>>
work a commission based sales job in a musical instrument store.
>>
>>1055843
>>dislikes: meaningless work

who doesn't?

unless you're rich or know people in high places you have to start at the bottom of the shit pile like everyone else
>>
>>1055843
>Any advice for an edgy high school senior, /biz/?
Algo trading. Do some menial job in your spare time, save some cash. Margin account, learn how to trade futures.
Cons: you will need some years before getting profitable, a lot of time on your hands, a secondary stream of income, and a lot of cash to start
>>
>>1055843
nice blog post
>>
>>1055843
>In an ideal world
>I'm not a complete retard
>I was thinking about..
>edgy high school senior

Just join the STEM meme like all your comrades and enjoy your mountain of debt for 20 years. You already know that's what you're going to do anyway. JUST.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgTVKW7g2Dg
>>
>>1055856
>27 act
>STEM

No chance
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.