[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mysterious stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: agate.jpg (94KB, 942x302px) Image search: [Google]
agate.jpg
94KB, 942x302px
ok guys have a look at ASX:LNY

the situation with these guys is they are sitting on at least 60000 ounces of gold (thats refined, not the ore) but are waiting for a mining license from the gov, which is supposedly approved and will arrive shortly. with aus gold prices rising and oil costs (expenditures) falling, the site stands to make an awful lot of money. however, the stock price is currently 0.3c, thats right a third of a cent. the question is, why? why is such a massive potential such a low value? does someone know something i dont? is this a massive opportunity or a big risk? am i dumb?
>>
>>1055832

no clue but I think its a possible pump and dump...

at that current pricing, buying like $25 worth and sit on it and wait I guess, maybe you'll make a few hundred, wouldn't risk more than that though for
>>
The key is the licence hasn't been granted yet. God knows why it hasn't been granted.

I'd be watching only until the licence has been granted - cash burn until then. I had a bad experience with another stock that was waiting on a licence that didn't get granted for close to two years, and in the process, burned through way too much cash and devalued the shares by 90%. You have to question why its not a takeover target at these prices if the licence is a sure and imminent thing
>>
>>1055834
Not sure the chart supports a pump and dump theory, it's been sitting at the same levels for a significant period of time.
>>
>>1055841
yeah these guys have been waiting for 18 months now i think for license, i agree i doubt its a pump and dump but it just so odd, like you say you would at least expect someone like bhp to grab them. too sus for a go you think?
>>
File: lny.png (24KB, 784x413px) Image search: [Google]
lny.png
24KB, 784x413px
Just waiting for another '93
>>
>>1055845
To be honest, my appetite for that sort of risk is significantly diminished due to being involved in a speccy company doing rare earth refining as I identified above. You have to remember, you're dealing with a relatively small, junior miner. More of them tend to go bust than turn into anything, and they don't you any divvies on the way through. The capital gain is there if all goes well - but all has to go well.

Too risky for my views, but I might end up looking a fool if the licence gets issued tomorrow and it goes on a run. There are a fuckton of shares on issue though too, and I think I read that the company is looking at issuing more (don't rely on that though, take a look for yourself). You have to remember that if there is a shit ton of these things, that's a lot to churn through to push the SP up.

In saying all that, if you have the appetite for the risk and you're confident in the licence being issued, then it may be a smart play.

PS - Loving that there's an upswing in ASX discussions - sounds good to me.

PPS - If you want to look at the turd that has made me somewhat conservative, go read about LYC. Still holding as a permanent reminder that I'm a dumb fuck.
>>
>>1055858
i will probably keep an eye on it then, see if the license gets issued before making a move. that way i can jump on or off and only miss a little bit if it does start to move
>>
>>1055861
Seems a smart play to me - still make profit if it goes up, don't lose much opportunity. And if it tanks, be happy that you didn't get in
>>
>>1055875
what do you think of hotcopper btw? seems like a very 'positive' site to me
>>
>>1055888
It's so bullshit.
I used to use it but they would make any excuse for why the stock should be good.

There was a broken part in this companies manufacturing process causing long delays and some guy literally suggested that the executives did it so the directors could buy more shares at a cheaper price

Oil goes down its good for the company, oil goes up its good for the company, they would blatantly lie and skew facts to make it seem like the company is good.

Don't bother going in unless you actually do your research and realise that most of the guys there are jews
>>
>>1055888
I do log on and look at it a reasonable amount. You have to remember that most people there have a vested interest. It interests me for the short term tips (there's a lot of people with a good nose) but you always have to check and do your own research to consider whether the risk is good.

It is where I first got into that shit stock though. In all, I'd be more of a lurker than a contributor. There's a lot of shitfighting over there.
>>
>>1055894
100% agree with the last sentence here
>>
>>1055897
I love the shitfighting, it's so easy to troll them because they think they are to good for dumb people.

>>1055899
Thanks friend
>>
It's not a mysterious stock.

It's shitty explorer #1410029. The ASX is full of them. The only mining 99 per cent of them do mining shareholders' equity.
>>
>>1055832
OP should ask Spreadsheet guy below what he thinks - that dude has got a reasonable portfolio going for sure
>>
>>1055908
who and where is spreadsheet guy?
>>
>>1055916
Look on this page at the guy who has a thread title "Spreadsheet Guy is Back". Currently on page 1 on my refresh - he's into the ASX too
>>
>>1055834
ASX minimum parcel is $500 excluding brokerage.
>>
File: aGllzir.gif (2MB, 460x502px) Image search: [Google]
aGllzir.gif
2MB, 460x502px
There are so many of these fucking "can't miss" sub-penny mining stocks out there. All you've got to evaluate them is their own hype. You'd have a better chance taking that money to Vegas and playing roulette - at least you'd get any money you won faster than "whenever the government gets around to approving this dubious license" which could be never.

In conclusion, don't waste your time evaluating or investing in these things, it's pure speculation.
>>
>>1055832
sleeping beauty trap
>>
>>1055832
>why is such a massive potential such a low value?
because it is a virtual, nothing you know or any others is a valid information to build an investment on. however if you are confident in to information they are giving put a 100$ into it and see where it will take you.
>>
A few big indicators for me if it was a solid stock would be:

Executives would be buying stock for them selves - you see this with the big 4 banks in Aus as well as other major and proven companies. From my 10 seconds of looking all I can see is stock issued to directors from the company but not purchased with their own coin.
2) EPS is -0.002, they are currently operating at a loss and in the last quarter took out a $2m dollar loan with a negative annual cash flow in the low $100k's.

From my quick look doesn't look amazing, and like a few others have said unless the licence comes through it looks like poo.

I am a bit of a pessimist when it comes to speculation in mining stocks though so it could just be the way I look at these things. I might see if there is anyone else chatting about it on hotcopper though.

Peace.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.