[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well biz I did it. I started my own small business with a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-55-07.png (296KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-55-07.png
296KB, 1440x2560px
Well biz I did it. I started my own small business with a friend of mine. Registered with the state and formed an llc.

Its computer repair and there is virtually no competition and we plan on doing other things like web development and app development and several muses we have had over the years.

We rent a space my family owns and have little to no overhead besides the rent and utilities.

Any advice on how to raise more capital and how we can be successful? Anyone else in the same business that can offer advice?
>>
WHOAAAAAA

APPZ!??!?!
>>
>>1055739
my wifes parents do this, charge hourly for things that dont take hours - if they drop the computer off you can squeeze a little extra dosh out of em

do housecalls (old people)

resell old parts, and although youll be ripping people off do extra stuff "oh I installed this anti virus software for free!" <- even though its a free anti virus and all you did to their comp was download and run it

do that and theyll give you "broken stuff" that you can resell

they make crazy good money like 6 figures with a little storefront
>>
>>1055739
>we plan on doing other things like web development and app development and several muses we have had over the years
Sounds like failure. You should focus on one service at first, especially if you don't have big marketing budgets. Getting clients is incredibly hard, and the hardness gets exponential the thinner you spread your offerings. Focus is key for you, and for perception. You will always make more money by focusing on a drilled-down niche than by offering everything under the sun.
>>
>>1055745

Can you tell me more about the resale? What do you mean they will just give us broken pcs?
>>
>>1055748

These are more "down the road" projects we want to explore. But our primary focus is the computer maintenance. What other services do you think we should offer under the same umbrella that won't stray us too far from the primary focus?
>>
>>1055739
>there is virtually no competition

Sorry anon, but you're wrong. You just didn't look hard enough.

Computer repair is easy, the trick is to get business accounts

>>1055752
You offer free PC disposal for old and broken computers. You tell them that this will save them money since the local dump charges $25 a computer (who cares if they don't actually).

Oh and keep in mind that you are required by law to make sure that none of their personal information can be stolen. You can be sued big time if their old tax records get stolen because you sold the HDD on ebay and someone was able to recover the files.

Also look into your local laws for requirements to report CP and the like. Also note that snooping in unnecessary places is illegal.
>>
Oh and starting this with a friend was a mistake. You're going to not have enough business to start off and someone is going to complain eventually that they are doing more work.
>>
Alright. Thank you all for your insight thus far. I'll talk to my friend and see what he thinks
>>
>>1055739
What is your initial marketing plan?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.