[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read "How to become a millionaire" by MJ Demarco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1373598849069.jpg (464KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1373598849069.jpg
464KB, 1162x850px
>read "How to become a millionaire" by MJ Demarco
>realize I dont really have "Value" to give to the world hence I am not making a lot of money

Where do I start? How?

I dont know if I am interpreting this right but it sounds like I dont really need an original idea (will be great though) just an idea that people will place value in for some reason, perceived or real.
>>
start with a good paying job look for jobs that interest you the most
>>
>>1055598
you mean "Millionaire Fastlane"?

Great book.

>find gap in a market
>fill it
>????
>profit
>>
>>1055599
>start with a good paying job look for jobs that interest you the most

I've been trying to look for tht since freshman year of HS
>>
>>1055607

Yep thats the subtitle. Gaps in market are not easy to spot though.

>E-cigs/Vape for example.
>>
>>1055598
this is a follow up to
>>1055607
forgot to add, if youre really having problems finding something to do. take his advice and listen to what people want. When you hear people say "I wish this was like that", "I wish i had something that could do this", "Wouldnt it be cool if there was a service that did this?!"

then go and do those things and profit from your work.
>>
Millionaire
>>
>>1055611
What I am doing right now is evaluating myself and my coworkers and seeing what my Department is lacking as far as talent and knowledge. After that, I will see what the Company is lacking. My plan is to provide whatever those things are. I dont know if I am hot or cold.
>>
>>1055616
you'll only be able to find out once you launch and see if you receive a response or not. if people like it and are willing to pay for it, run with it. if it doesn't generate much interest, don't be scared to drop and move on.
>>
>>1055607
He sold millions of copies of that book and generated a successful website from it. There is no hard evidence he made millions of dollars prior to writing that book. Therefore, one would assume he found a gap in the market with this book. But wait, feel-good "dream big" "get rich" books were saturating the market at the time he published it. So how did he do it? How did he enter a market where there was no "gap" and where his "value" ("motivational" fodder for dreamers) was already being provided by many others?

It's almost as if you don't need to "find a gap in a market" or even provide any kind of unique "value" - you just need to identify trends and jump on them as soon as you can, hoping you got in early enough to get some money from it. All the millionaire fastlane did was snatch few crumbs from Tony Robbins' table, by being a bottom feeding marketer who prioritized market trends over actual value.

He didn't mention that he was just a bottom feeding low-level huckster, copying already successful business models and lucking out when his generic attempt to be "motivational" managed to reach some kind of middling success. Why not? Because it's not "motivational" and it doesn't appeal to shut in dreamers who think business success is all about being "creative" and providing "value" despite the fact all real-world evidence points to the contrary.
>>
>>1055650
his site, limo.com was bringing him in over 200k a month.. do some research before you come here posting.

i agree with the rest of what you had to say however.
>>
>>1055657
>limo.com
Exactly. His 200k a month figure is fake (of course, that's marketing) but it is exactly like I said. SEO'd lead-gen sites worked for a while when ranking in Google was easy but not many small businesses knew that. He identified a trend and got in early enough to get some cash. He didn't invent the model, and he added nothing new to it. A lead gen site doesn't provide value (he isn't vetting the companies he sends leads to, it's whichever pays him the most) and it certainly wasn't a gap in the market.

He got some modest success with limo.com precisely because he wasn't scared of competition and he didn't care that his business model provided no value. He the translated that success into support for his generic motivational books, and had more modest success. At no point did he enter a market gap or provide value.
>>
>>1055650

He still provided some sort of value in his books, despite of it being unoriginal people saw value in the knowledge he is selling.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.