[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I casually talked about Apple stocks getting bumped in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>mfw I casually talked about Apple stocks getting bumped in 2012 at the dinner table with my family
>mfw my VC stepfather invested in Apple and made a good amount of money
>mfw I talked with him about Google stock going up after he made his money
>mfw he offered to set up a trading account and give me a couple $1000 to put in Google

>mfw I declined because I was nervous

Instead I invested my own money in Bitcoin and made $300. Yay....

What have been your biggest finance fuck ups /biz/?
>>
After the Model S came out, I toyed with the idea of putting $10k in TSLA when it was at $70. People thought it was a bad idea because TSLA was already up from $35 from the release/reviews of the Model S. I thought it still had room to grow, and now it's at $200. I could've made ~$18k.

Instead I put $130k in the S&P 500.
>>
Hey you made money off bitcoin. could have been way worse.

Hunches and feels don't make you a good investor, you were right to be nervous. The biggest fuck up in your story was investing in bitcoin. Even tho you made a profit you exposed yourself to so much risk for such a small return.
>>
>>1055498
>What have been your biggest finance fuck ups /biz/?
not buying $10 million worth of gold today
>>
ITT Investing in the past sure is easy!
>>
>>1055512
>$130k in the S&P 500.

rip
>>
>not taking a couple grand worth of stocks in a huge company from stepdad

thats your biggest fuck up OP.

mine? taking out a loan for a new car when I was 17 and had just joined the army. should've bought some junker for 2k and invested mad stacks while I was in. instead i spent all of my money on beer and spice.

looking back I wouldve saved half of my pay and thrown it into UPRO or a solid dividend stock. gotten out, gone to college and use gi bill money to grow my current business while going for a major as a fallback.

now im spending my gi bill on being able to live and paying down medical bills for my newborn daughter who required open heart surgery 3 day after birth and is still recovering in hospital while having to use my girlfriends car because mine got repo'd because I wanted a baller ride i couldnt realistically pay for.

learn from me. be frugal and scale a business/product and throw stacks into well performing ETF's.
>>
>>1055498
That's not too bad. If you made money with Bitcoin then you got lucky enough to buy at the right time and smart enough to sell them at some point. Good on you. A lot of Bitcoiners weren't as lucky or smart. Some are still holding even after a couple years of trying to regain losses. I have a buddy who bought in at $600 and still won't cut his losses. Bitcoin is back down into the $300s again.
>>
>>1055549
So fucking glad to be Canadian when I read medical stories. Jesus fucking christ. Having a sicked loved or being sick is hellish enough. Then you have to worry about bills after? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Trade off is I live in one of the most cuked countries in the world. Fucking Trudeau.
>>
>>1055498

>tfw only invested $1,500 when ford was at $1.78

have an older cousin that sunk 50K into it, that dude was smart :(
>>
>>1055498
Mine was not selling everything after the very brief Santa rally in 2015, despite being told by my advisor, Ghostpolitics, to do just that.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>1055498
>invested $1000 in some biostock shares in 2012
>completely forget about it
>be 2015
>hear about biostock hype
>regain my memories that I once invested in some biostock shares
>check my portfolio
>worth $30,000
>holy
>fucking
>shit
>hyperventilate
>could not believe my eyes
>finally can pay off my student loans
>then to my horror, notice that its actually a VIRTUAL portfolio
>mfw invested $1000 in a virtual portfolio in 2012 which become worth $30,000 in 2015
>legitimately considered suicide
>>
>>1056052
you forgot the
>be retarded
part

how can you be not retarded and invest money in a fake portolio and think it was real? dont you know the difference?
>>
>>1056053
Did you even read my post?

I stopped investing after that and concentrated in other things, so forgot I invested in a virtual portfolio for practice at the time.

But yeah, that was pretty damn retarded of me.
>>
This thread is bollocks.
>>
>>1056052
Holy shit, that hurts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.