[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the cheapest foods to eat in terms of how much nutrition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1444329214334.jpg (1MB, 2147x1570px) Image search: [Google]
1444329214334.jpg
1MB, 2147x1570px
what's the cheapest foods to eat in terms of how much nutrition they provide per $dollar
>>
The cheapest, most nutritionally complete meal is oat porridge with whole milk.

You could live off of that for a fuckhuge time.

Also potatoes are incredibly nutritionally complete.

And of course eggs.
>>
Beans and rice
>>
>>1055449
Your health affects how much you can work and concentrate so a good diet pays for itself indirectly.

Wholesale dried kidney beans and whey powder covers protein and calories. Sardines or pills for omega 3 oil, economy orange juice or vitamin C pills. Get as much as you can from walmart dumpsters and food banks.
>>
Gruel of flour and oil is the cheapest calorie going. Enjoy scurvy.
>>
Rice, beans, oats, chicken breast, can be pretty fugggen good for you. Is canned tuna cheap? I buy it all the time but can't remember for some reason.
Don't skimp out on some greens occasionally though... It's worth the money.
Food is really not the place to go super frugal in. Seriously. Nutrition is important. Just don't eat out or buy steaks all the time. Don't get memed into bad health anon
>>
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes?pctComplete=0.99&countries=US&sort=dailyCost
>>
>>1055469

I found the Irishman
>>
>>1055563
>2016
>Not drinking gutter oil, dog food, elephant dung, and ground-up insects
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/hungry-hobo-i-cant-believe-its-not-food
>>
Nutrition isn't about getting "enough" nutritious foods, it's about getting a large variety of things. Potatoes and rice are probably the foods with the broadest array of nutrients at the lowest price point. You can't live on just those things though, you need some greens and some proteins. As long as you are adding enough extras that you reach nutritional completeness though rice and potatoes are going to give you the biggest bang for your buck. Oatmeal is also good but there's not as many different ways to prepare it as rice and potatoes so it gets stale really quick.
>>
>>1055472
Fucking this. I made a half of a bag of brown rice a week ago, and put what I couldn't eat in a large leftovers tub.

The tub is maybe just over half empty and I've been eating rice until I feel full. It's fucking endless.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.