[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any growth possibilities when you are a statistician/econometrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: winkingtom.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
winkingtom.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
Is there any growth possibilities when you are a statistician/econometrician to CEO for example?

Any statisticians here?
What do I need to do exactly to get good papers. How soul sucking is the job and how hard is it?
What about accounting? (Same questions)
I ''excel'' at both academically lol

How good are the salaries compared to each other? I heard that statisticians can make 150k a year and top tier CEOs around 200k

I don't want to suck cock or take it up my bum.
Please answer all my questions, tell me the truth.
>>
Also, if I want to work in the private sector, what are the best biz-related degrees to major in and why? I don't like to to be commanded btw. I want to become an entrepreneur on the side.
>>
>>1055315
From the way you talk, I assume you're a high schooler/early undergrad.

Most "statistician" jobs require an advanced degree. If you are not willing to get a masters in a quantitative discipline you'll have a more difficult time getting into this field.

If you do get a masters, hop on the "data science" bandwagon.

I'm not really sure what you mean "top-tier CEO." CEOs of fortune 500 companies make millions, not 200k.

>>1055321
>if I want to work in the private sector
Are you considering not? Do you want to work in government?

We need more information on location and such.

But to answer the core question, 150K is probably the median salary for data scientists in the Valley. Other places will have lower salaries. You can also transition into doing more consulting work if you really want to.
>>
>>1055326
Hey thanks for the quick answer.

I'm taking my gap year and I'm 18 now. I am from the Netherlands but I am abroad now in Finland, not planning to stay here for long though.
I applied for an open degree at the open university. And am not sure what modules to pick to reach my highest potentials. I am planning to get a master degree in the Netherlands though from an university that ranks at about <100. I want to get an international degree to become more employable rather than getting it in Dutch to work in the Netherlands.(I'm planning to live in Taiwan)

I know that I should do my own research, and that everything is online. But I really would like to have a "reality check" on the information I'm getting.

However, is it possible to become CEO of a good company when you are a statistician?

How stressful and hard is the job? How many hours? Is working overtime common?

What's the minimum pay globally?
I DO NOT WANT TO WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT.
>>
>>1055367
I know nothing about the international job market or salaries globally.

I would assume statisticians/data scientists make more in the states because (generally) tech work pays more in the US than in Europe.

You're still pretty young (like me) just study stuff, see what you like. If you are taking classes in a quantitative discipline and trying to do internships you'll find a job. Get good marks and you can get into a good graduate program.

There are no easy or clear paths to CEO, of course it's possible with this career path but it's idiosyncratic to the organization you're in, corporate politics, your experience, etc.
>>
Consider actuarial science if you don't mind getting credentialed. You get alot of business side exposure and don't just crunch numbers.

Good salary too.

Beanactuary.com
>>
>>1055394
Isn't the job dead boring?
>>1055393
Hmm, I guess I am still young, but my choices now will affect my future. Thanks for the response.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.