[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 18 y/o looking for a wealthy future. I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: success.jpg (680KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
680KB, 1000x662px
I'm a 18 y/o looking for a wealthy future. I've been thinking about joining the military recently, gain some experience there and then perhaps advance and go work for security companies. Do you have guys have any other advice?
>>
File: soldier's bride.jpg (42KB, 432x650px) Image search: [Google]
soldier's bride.jpg
42KB, 432x650px
>>1055306
Lemme guess, a recruiter fed you those lies?

Go to a trade school and learn security, getting your certifications there. The Military won't give you certifications so you'll need to go to trade school anyway. You could also do college for criminal justice and shoot for being a police officer. It's a more dangerous job, but way safer than the military right now you can actually do more at your job to protect people making it more rewarding.

Pic related: An actual soldier getting married. Not everyone makes it out lucky... especially from the Middle East.
>>
>>1055310
>And you can actually do more at your job to protect people making it more rewarding.

Typo there... still, yes, police protect people every day. The world always needs more good cops and people generally respect any officers they know. There's also the opportunity for advancement: officers aren't the top! If you want to protect and serve your country, being there among your neighbors helping people every day is one of the best ways to do it.
>>
>>1055306

Everyone is going to disagree with me, but...

1. If you have a sense of discipline and committment

2. You don't mind a regimented life (at least in the beginning)

3. You can show FINANCIAL disciple;

then...

4. Join the army at 18. Stay in for 20 years

5. Retire from the army at 38 years old (which is still very young) at (I think) 50% pay for life.

6. After that much time, you should have rank, at which point you enter the private service at a MUCH higher position.

7. While in the service, don't piss your money away on booze and broads. Since the military provides your basic needs, bank ALL (or close to all) of your pay.

So, you wind up 38 years old, with a minimum of $400k in cash (privates pay is 20k per year, so it's a minimum), a pension, and tons of career opportunities.

(assuming you don't get yourself killed, of course)
>>
>>1055332
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I live in Sweden.
>>
>>1055337

Less likely to be killed then.

I don't know anything about their retirement plan or pay.

Although... depending on how many languages you speak (especially if you speak chinese or arabic), you can still join our army, and get citizenship in the process.
>>
>>1055332
>Retire from the army at 38 years old
Actually, the army will probably boot you out earlier than that. Typically people get injured in the army, so the army uses this as an excuse to boot you out and make room for some more 18 year olds instead of paying for your retirement. They are especially prone to kicking out people with RANK because they are expensive and new kids want the rank and will do the same rank for less money. I live in a military town. The "they kicked me out at 31 blues" is common.

Even worse, none of the injuries are ever bad enough for them to get disability and the military booted them so there's no safety net (goodbye retirement promises). This means the now ex-soldier with no real world work experience and no education has to go to college/trade school and start from scratch like they were 18. People already don't like to hire older folks, so they're at a disadvantage. "Military to work" programs exist because military people don't get hired. The suicide rates on ex-military are sky high for a reason. It's a sick reality.
>>
>>1055337
Ahh, Sweeden does change things a little... though I wouldn't trust anything a recruiter says you. It's a recruiter's job to lie to you so you join the military. Talk to as many ex-military people as you can find. I say ex-military as they have a full perspective of life in and out of the military. That should show you the truth. Ask them how and when they went to college and how they left the military as well as why they left the military.

Personally, I'd still stay away from the military. Unless things are drastically better than they are in the USA, local law enforcement and security really need the help and are the better way to go.
>>
>>1055310
if you want to do the more lucrative overseas security work then you're going to have zero credibility without a military background
>>
Here's some advice anon , kill yourself
>>
>>1055306
DO ROTC!!!!!
>>
>>1055306
buy kneepads
>>
>>1055340
Really? How is that possible?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.